Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strand hotel

• 31-05-2012 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Thinking of staying there for a couple of days in July with the family, two kids 11 and 7.
    Is it a good hotel, normally stay in the Clarion but the strand have good family deals.
    Thanks in advance.
    :D:)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yes it's pretty good.

p.s. For what it's worth the Absolute Hotel is nicer imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

mcko wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Thinking of staying there for a couple of days in July with the family, two kids 11 and 7.
    Is it a good hotel, normally stay in the Clarion but the strand have good family deals.
    Thanks in advance.
    :D:)

Stayed there for 2 nights after getting married (work going on in house) it was great, really liked the room, the food there is good and the staff were very nice. Also it's only about a 3 minute walk into the heart of ye city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

+1 on previous posters comments.. I live in Limerick but stayed there for a couple of nights after a friends wedding.

Meals rooms etc all to a very high standard ..far superior to the Clarion.

Savoy is defo the best hotel in Limerick tho'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I wouldn't recommend it at all! a group of us stayed there a couple of weeks ago and tbh it is one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed in.

The rooms were not cleaned properly certainly not up to 4 star standard, one of the girls pulled back the covers of the bed to find they were covered in make up and found one sock!

Cobwebs hanging from the ceiling in the breakfast bar - maybe I'm been picky but surely if a hotel is given 4 stars then it should be clean.

Staff were terrible unfriendly and not helpful at all.When my friend complained about the room she got the attitude of unspoken -so what! Covers were changed later that day without as much as an apology.

Really the only plus I can say regarding the hotel is that it's close to the city.The hotel is not 4 star at all.

If I were you I'd stay in the other hotel that you mentioned at least you know it's up to standard.

Clearly everyone has different experiences and opinions but this is how I found the Strand hotel - very disappointed overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

wow tan - I didn't experience anything at all like that when I was there. I sure as hell would have written a letter of complaint to the hotel management listing off all the things you mentioned there. I hope that you did too. They won't learn, if they're not informed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I've never stayed there but our Sports and Social club have used the meeting rooms, bar, restuarant for social events on a few occasions and I cant think of ever hearing a bad word about the place.

Also, I used it for lunch and Sunday dinner and would rate it highly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

LB6 wrote: »
    wow tan - I didn't experience anything at all like that when I was there. I sure as hell would have written a letter of complaint to the hotel management listing off all the things you mentioned there. I hope that you did too. They won't learn, if they're not informed.

I wrote a review online about problems in the Strand and one of the managers posted a reply apologising for what happened and asked me to contact him directly so he could "invite you to join us again" I wrote a detailed letter to him the following day and never heard another word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Have never stayed there but their restaurant is excellent

Advertisement