Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

counting sheep.......

• 31-05-2012 10:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

I couldn't sleep last night so I started the old trick of sheep counting, what a ****ing mistake that was.

There I was lying in my cot thinking of these woolly white yokes in lovely green fields frolicking with their offspring in the sun. The thinking of the lambs got me thinking about delicious chops and legs of lamb roasted with garlic and Rosemary, served with creamy mash and roasted vegetables and yummy gravy made from the juices of the lamb.

Naturally that led on to me thinning about dessert. Chocolate dessert in particular. And the sensuous, voluptuous Nigella.

At this stage I was wide awake and starving, and slightly turned on if truth be told. So now today I look as if I've been dragged through a hedge backwards :( And I'm hungry.

Wheat fecking eejit thought counting sheep would help a person get to sleep?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Nigella - I would hit that like the fist of an angry God.....then she would cook me a fabulous 4 course meal, whereupon I would hit that all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Serves you right - leave the poor ickle lambs alone :(. They're just sooooooooooo cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Count their legs not the sheep that will get you to sleep quicker

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I've actually grown rather fond of Lamb hearts over the last year. Was in the butchers yesterday and they had a packet of'em out. was so tempt to get'em.

hmmmmmmmmm yummy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I've actually grown rather fond of Lamb hearts over the last year. Was in the butchers yesterday and they had a packet of'em out. was so tempt to get'em.

hmmmmmmmmm yummy

Recipe plz and thx.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

anytime i count sheep i fall asleep but my slumber dosen't last long due to sheep related nightmares...

replace the raptors in jurrasic park with sheep

clever girl, baaaaaaaaa!!!

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I was going to suggest counting tits...of all shapes and sizes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I count how many lamb chops I'd love to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I count how many lamb chops I'd love to eat.

wont work, you'll end up in a tesco at 4 in the morning looking for mint sauce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

At this stage I was wide awake and starving, and slightly turned on if truth be told.

Flick flick flick...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Recipe plz and thx.

No recipe.

Set the oven to 180, dazzle'em with some salt, throw a bit of tin foil over the top of'em and leave'em in for an hour. Take the tinfoil off and have'em in again for 15/20 mins.

Comes out tasty. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

Bad Panda wrote: »

That would have me up all night. Literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Count the legs then divide by four

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I sometimes try counting sheep to get to sleep but it never works. I just can't fit enough in my bedroom.

I've tried that too. I usually lose count and end up frustrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thought it was a "how many lovers you've been with" thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Never worked for me, I started counting lambs one night, got Allan Lamb the cricketer, then Dave Lamb from Come Dine With Me, Larry Lamb (Eastenders actor), George Lamb the TV Presenter and then I got stuck, thought some more about it, got frustrated and ended up all night thinking about it!

If anyone else know's anyone else famous called 'Lamb' please let me know :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

kfallon wrote: »
    Never worked for me, I started counting lambs one night, got Allan Lamb the cricketer, then Dave Lamb from Come Dine With Me, Larry Lamb (Eastenders actor), George Lamb the TV Presenter and then I got stuck, thought some more about it, got frustrated and ended up all night thinking about it!

Lamb chop. And Shari Lewis. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

kfallon wrote: »

Lamby Pyjamy. He's a lamb that wears pyjamas and he rides a motor cycle. He's a badass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

I could not sleep one night so I started counting sheep which didnt work so I started counting pigs instead. I was thinking of them rolling in their own shoite, sniffing each others holes, eating their own shoite as only pigs can do. Then I got thinking about sausages and rashers and what I would have for breaky. I imagined then covered in ketchup, BBQ sauce and black pepper in a three seeded brown roll.

This in turn got me thinking about a Vannessa Felts & Mary Harney breakfast roll. Two pigs in a roll.......................

That was two yrs ago and I have not slept since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I couldn't sleep last night so I started the old trick of sheep counting, what a ****ing mistake that was.

There I was lying in my cot thinking of these woolly white yokes in lovely green fields frolicking with their offspring in the sun. The thinking of the lambs got me thinking about delicious chops and legs of lamb roasted with garlic and Rosemary, served with creamy mash and roasted vegetables and yummy gravy made from the juices of the lamb.

Naturally that led on to me thinning about dessert. Chocolate dessert in particular. And the sensuous, voluptuous Nigella.

At this stage I was wide awake and starving, and slightly turned on if truth be told. So now today I look as if I've been dragged through a hedge backwards :( And I'm hungry.

dreaming about eating rabidlamb eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

No recipe.

Set the oven to 180, dazzle'em with some salt, throw a bit of tin foil over the top of'em and leave'em in for an hour. Take the tinfoil off and have'em in again for 15/20 mins.

Comes out tasty. :)
    Try stuffing them with breadcrumbs and herbs. Mint is good, and so is thyme.

dreaming about eating rabidlamb eh?

Are you crazy?! He's voting yes today, I'd probably choke on him :(

Are you crazy?! He's voting yes today, I'd probably choke on him :(

lol he will be a lean lambchop if the yes vote gets its way.... we will all be very lean while the bankers and bond holders get fat from our tax money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Sheep, lesbian fantasies, chocolate...this thread has everything :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Bad Panda wrote: »

Maybe the OP isn't into those sort of things? ;)

Sheep, lesbian fantasies, chocolate...this thread has everything :pac:

it even has plenty of calories too eh Battered Mars Bar? :p

How many Calories are ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Thought it was a "how many lovers you've been with" thread.

It depends where you live really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

You should just have had a wánk and fallen asleep afterwards, simpler and more pleasureable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

it even has plenty of calories too eh Battered Mars Bar? :p

How many Calories are ya?

932 according to internetz :cool:

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/mars/deep-fried-mars-bar/

Plenty of carbs, I'll be ripped in no time :pac:

932 according to internetz :cool:

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/mars/deep-fried-mars-bar/

Plenty of carbs, I'll be ripped in no time :pac:

jaysus... ya best stay away from hungry scottish fishermen so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

"I just got here, why would you slit my little throat and roast my young innocent heart??"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Could you not just have a ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    Nigella - I would hit that like the fist of an angry God.....then she would cook me a fabulous 4 course meal, whereupon I would hit that all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

"I just got here, why would you slit my little throat and roast my young innocent heart??"

Because you're delicious. Now hold still while I get the mint sauce.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hmmmm, no.

Why? it would tire you out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I always felt kinda sorry for guys who have a **** to go to sleep- cos they gotta get up and clean themselves up (posh **** excepted of course).
    Much easier for girls :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Unless they're squirters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Sauve wrote: »
    Much easier for girls :p

Unless they're squirters.

That's controllable. Mostly :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Now I'll never be able to count sheep again.

When I've counted them in the past, I always just pictured a stone wall with a gate and the cute, fuzzy sheep would be happily jumping over the gate. I'd count them as they jumped. I've never seen a sheep jump now that I think about it.

Hmmmm, no.

Why? it would tire you out

Meh, it's not my thing

Advertisement