Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XXVI- 2nd June, the Exchange, Exchange St. Temple Bar- SSF42012/UMVC3

Options
  • 31-05-2012 10:14am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There's no proper thread for it, thought I'd make one.

Poll above for attendance!

Could you post if you can bring equipment? As usual, games/ consoles/screens are always in demand.

Inferno will once again be held at Exchange Dublin on Saturday the 5th of May.

Doors open at 10:00, registration will begin at 11:00 and close at 11:45. The tournament itself will start at 12:30. We should be finished up around 17:30.

Entry fee: €5 for venue fee and €5 per tournament.

We’ll be running on 360. Seeding is based on the last Inferno tournament results. Please bring your own controller/converter!

Tournament Rules and Format
    Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

Format is as follows, a seeded double elimination bracket from the start.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 sets and each set is best of 3 rounds.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to acommodate them if possible.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after losing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to the character(s) they started the set with and may only change if they lose the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character(s) used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. All alt costumes are soft banned. A player can request that both characters have to use the default costume.

9. No white track suits please.

Inferno? 18 votes

InferYES
    0%
    InferNO
    66%
    UberPrinny_BaalDoctor DooManimaXDreddybajsDarkTalantBourketheJerkThe HoundGoody2shoes15Naphielladnopoka2genNutrient 12 votes
    InferMaybe
    33%
    RySairusCobelcogSpeed BoatFergus_Lythero 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

InferNO
    So is someone running this then?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

InferNO
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    So is someone running this then?

Aileen said she would in the other thread, at least at the start.

If it's just handing out money or something at the end I'm sure I can manage that.

InferNO
    She said she would depending on work scheduling and then never confirmed either way unless I'm missing something. Just don't want this to be a repeat of last month.

InferNO
    I can be around for most of this anyway, though i may have to scoot off early, so will be able to lend a hand yelling at people and so forth

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

InferNO
    Yes i can be there, will have to leave by like six at the latest so someone might have to take over for the last bit. I can also get those cables out of Scifi. What time do we usually start and whats the deal with getting a key/exchange being open?

• Advertisement

InferNO
    Yes i can be there, will have to leave by like six at the latest so someone might have to take over for the last bit. I can also get those cables out of Scifi. What time do we usually start and whats the deal with getting a key/exchange being open?

We usually open the doors at about 10 am.

If you give them a quick buzz, they'll give you a key the night before if anyone can be around then.

EDIT: Infernos are meant to be done by six anyway :)

InferNO
    Great stuff Aileen, sorry didn't see that second post in the other thread. Yeah if you give them a ring you should be able to arrange getting the key the evening beforehand. Their phone number is 01-6779264.[URL="tel:+35316779264"]
    [/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Smashed up my car earlier so it's almost a certainty I won't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I'm up for going, but just for whichever game is on earlier as I gotta work at 5. Have to be out by 4..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

InferNO
    Doyler01 wrote: »
    I'm up for going, but just for whichever game is on earlier as I gotta work at 5. Have to be out by 4..

Good point about game order, can we get Street Fighter first please!

If you look at the combo mechanics of each game, Marvel players are better suited and more used to waiting before they're able to do anything :D

• Advertisement

Good point about game order, can we get Street Fighter first please!

If you look at the combo mechanics of each game, Marvel players are better suited and more used to waiting before they're able to do anything :D

Street fighter is the main event at Inferno, should be last imo.

I'm easy with whatever order as I love both games, would prefer marvel first as I have a better change of winning that and I have to leave early.

Doom could u bring my stick?

InferNO
    More people generally travel for Street Fighter than Marvel so put Marvel on first to make it a bit easier on those outside Dublin imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Probably won't be attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

InferNO
    Probably won't be attending.
    You have to go. You're reigning champ

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I vote for SF first.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

The Hound wrote: »
    You have to go. You're reigning champ

I dunno i might go, i certainly could do with winning some money but like i've played way too much sf already this week, maybe i'll go and play marvel i dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

InferNO
    i vote for AE being first game

InferNO
    I'm bringing Jun's xbox so I guess that's one. If anyone else could bring games/ xboxes/ monitors that'd be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I can bring a monitor. I was planning on leaving it in the exchange for the time being and you can use away on it. Is there room for it? How many xboxes do we usually get?

InferNO
    bush wrote: »
    I can bring a monitor. I was planning on leaving it in the exchange for the time being and you can use away on it. Is there room for it? How many xboxes do we usually get?

Usually between 4 and 6.

TBH if your monitor's better than those ones anyway, still worth it!

Last I saw there was still a bit of room spare.

• Advertisement

InferNO
    Ok i am getting the key this afternoon so Will be there first thing in the morning. next question is who are bring consoles?

InferNO
    Ok i am getting the key this afternoon so Will be there first thing in the morning. next question is who are bring consoles?

Me, I'm bringing a console I don't own like a boss. Don't have a game though.

Hopefully Jun is there, or it's a pain in my arse. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Me, I'm bringing a console I don't own like a boss. Don't have a game though.

Hopefully Jun is there, or it's a pain in my arse. lol

Leave it with the monitors and he can pick it up later if he ain't there?

InferNO
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    Leave it with the monitors and he can pick it up later if he ain't there?

With all due respect to the Exchange, I reckon an Xbox360 might be one step too enticing to one of it's random patrons!

I'll bring it home to my mams if needs be, I can hand it over whatever weekend we meet.

InferNO
    Ok, as to the issue of what game to put first, i would prefer to just run whatever game there are most people for when it come round to starting time but in practicality that will mean nobody turning up first thing, so whoever makes the strongest argument by the tim ei get back from work at 11pm this evening, that game will get run first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

InferNO
    whoever makes the strongest argument by the tim ei get back from work at 11pm this evening, that game will get run first.

The Japanese fall in the face of a Super Soldier1438790-captain_america_shield_tiny.jpg

InferNO
    Nutrient wrote: »
    The Japanese fall in the face of a Super Soldier1438790-captain_america_shield_tiny.jpg

You are correct, Guile DOES go over Ryu IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

InferNO
    so whoever makes the strongest argument by the tim ei get back from work at 11pm this evening, that game will get run first.

Run SF first and I'll get you that Nintendo phone number you're after :P

Ok, as to the issue of what game to put first, i would prefer to just run whatever game there are most people for when it come round to starting time but in practicality that will mean nobody turning up first thing, so whoever makes the strongest argument by the tim ei get back from work at 11pm this evening, that game will get run first.

I have work at 5 and need to be gone by 4. I'm one of the favourites to win Marvel so I'd like that to be first so I don't have to leave and forfeit if I make it to the end of the bracket.

It's my problem tho, if SF first makes more sense I don't mind missing Marvel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

InferNO
    I'll be there

Advertisement