Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Cisco Wireless Router & Netgear N150 USB Wireless Adapter

Options
  • 31-05-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I recently installed UPC broadband with their standard Cisco router and everything has worked well with my laptop. Last week I wanted to connect a PC (XP) to the network for occasional use but as the PC is some distance from the router I bought a Netgear N150 USB wireless adapter so as I could connect it wirelessly. I installed the Netgear software as instructed, attached the USB 'dongle' and everything appeared to be working perfectly. The now wireless enabled PC could see the Cisco router but having entered the correct password I could not connect to it. I spent some time trying to identify the problem and found some suggestions relating changing (downgrading) the encryption protocol and to MAC address filtering. However, before I start changing the basic router configuration I thought it first made sense to check to see if anyone else has encountered similar problems. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mint1

Gruver wrote: »
    I recently installed UPC broadband with their standard Cisco router and everything has worked well with my laptop. Last week I wanted to connect a PC (XP) to the network for occasional use but as the PC is some distance from the router I bought a Netgear N150 USB wireless adapter so as I could connect it wirelessly. I installed the Netgear software as instructed, attached the USB 'dongle' and everything appeared to be working perfectly. The now wireless enabled PC could see the Cisco router but having entered the correct password I could not connect to it. I spent some time trying to identify the problem and found some suggestions relating changing (downgrading) the encryption protocol and to MAC address filtering. However, before I start changing the basic router configuration I thought it first made sense to check to see if anyone else has encountered similar problems. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hi just wondering if you got it running in the end ? As I'm looking to buy a netgear adapter for my pc, i'm with UPC too...

Advertisement