Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

URGENT HELP REQUIRED - test in 5 weeks - beginner

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

Kind of a set back, I'd try to be as positive as possible, otherwise it's gonna be another 85 quid or w/e it is.

Nothing that pisses you off more than when they hand you the 'certificate of failure'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Good thread just applied for my test hope I applied for correct one - I have an A1 learner permit so applied for that test- does that mean that if I pass I will only be able to drive max 125cc?
    To be honest that will probally be fine also another question I have only ever driven an Automatic either 50cc or 125cc will that be a problem for test.
    I need to do a pretest as I am sure I have plenty of bad habits any suggestions south dublin - have been recommended by bike shop Irish school of motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wicklowbiker

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Good thread just applied for my test hope I applied for correct one - I have an A1 learner permit so applied for that test- does that mean that if I pass I will only be able to drive max 125cc?
    To be honest that will probally be fine also another question I have only ever driven an Automatic either 50cc or 125cc will that be a problem for test.
    I need to do a pretest as I am sure I have plenty of bad habits any suggestions south dublin - have been recommended by bike shop Irish school of motoring.
    " Automatic either 50cc or 125cc " :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

" Automatic either 50cc or 125cc " :confused:

Yep have had mopeds which have always been automatics no manual gear change :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    Bike test has been re-arranged for early August.

They did offer me a test in "Clondalkin" the following week but as I have driven & learned the tallaght route I told them to F-off and give me the tallaght route as I had learnt that one.

so early August, 1 month - ish away

I have a feeling I'm going to go into this angry and fail v's being there previously fully ready to go and passing.

Hey, look at as a positive, without the few lessons or the pre test maybe you might not have been prepared? maybe.

Also, there are a few stop signs (at least one, but I think some others) around tallaght that have no Octagonal sign, just stop painted on the road, (road markings are signage too, so thats considered a stop sign) my instructer brought me past one and i copped it, but it did make me more conscious as mostly from what i have come across there is always an octagonal sign for stop, I took from it that a stop sign may have been removed by works or damage, but the obligation to stop is still there before the line.

Also, I didnt get taken the route my instructor took me or the route mapped out earlier, so good practice would be to drive all around tallaght, do all the main roads and get to know the speed limits on them (compare that to the rules of the road, you can then predict what speed signs will be up based on the road, ie N, R or L routes) and the layout of junctions
    I also picked up some good points from doing a few lessons in tallaght and i did a pre test of sorts a few days earlier where I still picked up some points, so its always learning.

It seems like a lot but I went out a couple of times for a few hours to cover the above plus going front to back in the ROTR once and then refreshing the week before the test.
    Well plus the pre test the week before, but it had been months since I had a lesson and i hadn't even been on the bike much.

Id say its important/good to know the layout of junctions, speeds and stay left where necessary and also to be familiar and comfortable on the bike you will be using.

My instructor was good, I only went to him but was happy so didnt change around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement