Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resit/repeat exm ucd.. please help me..

Options
  • 31-05-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hye.. i'm 2nd year student. i'm just got my 2nd sem result... i got 2 papers grade E in sem 2.. and 2 papers grade E sem 1. but i resitted a paper from sem 1, unluckly i got F(R).
    so total is 3 E's and 1 F(R)..
    can i proceed my third year and resit all papers in sem 1 next sem?
    please help me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

manzz wrote: »
    hye.. i'm 2nd year student. i'm just got my 2nd sem result... i got 2 papers grade E in sem 2.. and 2 papers grade E sem 1. but i resitted a paper from sem 1, unluckly i got F(R).
    so total is 3 E's and 1 F(R)..
    can i proceed my third year and resit all papers in sem 1 next sem?
    please help me...

What course are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 manzz

im studying medicine. my cgpa is 2.30 for 2nd sem... really need some advice now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Well I'm presuming in medicine 2rd and 3rd year are different stages. In order to compensate the E modules you need to pass 75% of that stage's modules (hence why I'm presuming 2nd year is its own stage in medicine) and have a GPA of above 2. 75% of modules would equate to 9 but you've only passed 8 so you won't be able to compensate the E's until you pass the F.

To proceed to the next stage you can only carry 10 credits, so you are not going to be able to continue into third year next semester I'm afraid. You'll have to pass the F, compensate the others and then you can continue.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/asug/

Talk to your programmes office asap to see what options are open to you.

I found this as well, might have useful info in it: http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/smms_unsatis_acad_progress_pol.pdf

Advertisement