Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foynes Festival

• 31-05-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

If anyones looking for something to do this weekend this might be worth checking out with plenty free activities, its taking place in Foynes Limerick
    Details are on the website:

http://www.foynesfestival.com/festival.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Usually a great weekend with something for everyone. Always very well run . Probably my favourite of all the Limerick city and county festivels.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MrLaurel

Looks very professional and a nice touch recognising when the Shannon estuary and airport were at the certain of world aviation. We need this kind of innovation again. I also notice the LE Orla is open to the public on Sunday afternoon. Well worth a visit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

They need to be promoting local Limeric events like these and the Decades Festival to get people in for long weekends
    The local media love to write up for local celebs but these should be the things they push

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

bigpink wrote: »
    They need to be promoting local Limeric events like these and the Decades Festival to get people in for long weekends
    The local media love to write up for local celebs but these should be the things they push

This festival has been running for a good number of years and has built up a fairly decent reputation as a festival weekend.

BTW, it has got coverage in various media fora - here's some from a qucik google search.

Limerick Leader

Guide2Limerick

The Kerryman

Limerick.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Looks good i have heard of it but it didnt jump out at me

Wake up Riverfest and Market quarter people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The firework display is on tonight. Is normally a very good firework display and as it is held at 23:00, it is darker than when most firework displays get held in Ireland and looks much more vivid.

The L.E. Orla is open to the public today and tomorrow from 14:00 to 17:00 and is a good chance for people to have a wander around an active naval craft.

If anyone has kids, there is a forest party on at 14:00 that will also include a magican and a drum clinic.

Live music later tonight with a Christy Moore cover band playing on the main stage and after that Shaun O'Dowd will be providing the music.

Plenty of other things happening as well today and tomorrow has just as many events on.

The Flying Boat museum is worth a visit for anyone who has not been there before as well. You can even look at a relative of mine who is in a few of the pictures on display in there as he was involved in manty of the Trans Atlantic and European flights to and from Foynes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Kess73 wrote: »
    The firework display is on tonight. Is normally a very good firework display and as it is held at 23:00, it is darker than when most firework displays get held in Ireland and looks much more vivid.

The L.E. Orla is open to the public today and tomorrow from 14:00 to 17:00 and is a good chance for people to have a wander around an active naval craft.

If anyone has kids, there is a forest party on at 14:00 that will also include a magican and a drum clinic.

Live music later tonight with a Christy Moore cover band playing on the main stage and after that Shaun O'Dowd will be providing the music.

Plenty of other things happening as well today and tomorrow has just as many events on.

The Flying Boat museum is worth a visit for anyone who has not been there before as well. You can even look at a relative of mine who is in a few of the pictures on display in there as he was involved in manty of the Trans Atlantic and European flights to and from Foynes.
    I'll probably take a spin out there today.

Thanks for all the useful info Kess and others :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

might head out that way today myself!

Advertisement