Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung colour laser printer/scanner/fax only £129 UK (amazon)

Options
  • 31-05-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

A great printer also has a scanner, fax ,photocopier.

Can work with Android phones & tablets wirelessly (and iphone/pad) - Samsung app in Android Play/Marketplace

Its colour laser - in the long term laser toner is waaay cheaper than ink. And of course, like ink, toner is easily re-fillable for less - though not officially ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003F8QRLU/ref=sr_1_8?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Currently £129 delivered with free delivery to Ireland (may cost a tiny bit more at Irish VAT rate)

Update:

That was quick, they're all out of stock, more in in 1-4 weeks.

If you want to pre-order and get them with free delivery make sure you click the "xx new from £xx.xx " and click the "add to basket" on the next page next to the Amazon.co.uk seller.

-OR- just visit this link >

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003F8QRLU/ref=sr_1_8?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

and click the "Add to Basket" yellow button to the right of the seller "Amazon.co.uk".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭doctorg

How much is the vat back on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

For me My charges broke down as follows:

Total Before VAT: £108.33 (€135.45)
    VAT: £24.92 (€31.15)
    Total: £133.25 (€166.60)

Pretty good for a colour laser - even without VAT back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭doctorg

Xzen wrote: »

Indeed a very good deal. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Keeps showing only 2 left in stock.. even though I just ordered 2:confused:

1 for home and 1 for office. We have a mono Samsung already in the office and they are very good. Had a Samsung colour back about 6 years ago and was crock of sh!t but they have come on a lot since!

Edit: Thanks OP! Good Spot.

Ya they're probably getting more in as we speak - hence the status : "order soon (more on the way)"

I've used both a Minolta and Samsung Laser printer, still have the old Samsung (mono). They're the easiest and cheapest to get carts for I find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I should have pulled the trigger quicker! 249 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Sorry ignore the last one..... 39 sellers and amazon cheapest still at 129.99. Bingo, cheers OP

I should have pulled the trigger quicker! 249 now

Thats from another seller. To get it at that price you need to buy from Amazon directly.

Click the "xx new from £xx.xx " and click the "add to basket" on the next page next to the Amazon.co.uk seller.

-OR- just visit this link >

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003F8QRLU/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Very very very good price. I bought the older 3175fn model a while back. I hope they've fixed the page curl weirdness because it always means I have to straighten the printed paper before I put it back into the tray for manual duplex printing.

Toner is a bit costly, costs me £120 to replace the set and they really last me no length. Would absolutely love a bargain alert for cheap toner for these printers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭loopymum

Argghh, I bought one of these and went to print some stuff tonight using duplex printing and it jammed up immediately, 3 sheets of paper are stuck rock solid in the fuser, I have tried everything and followed all the recommended steps.

I will have a look again in the morning when the light is better but at the moment it looks like the only way I can free it myself is to open it up, which I am a bit dodgy about doing as I'm pretty sure that would void the warranty?

On googling it seems paper jamming in the fuser becomes an issue usually after a year.
    I have only lightly used it and last used it at the weekend and it was working perfectly, same paper tonight as then.

I have it more than 30 days, who should I return it to? Amazon or Samsung?

loopymum wrote: »
    I have it more than 30 days, who should I return it to? Amazon or Samsung?

If it's after 30 days and under 1 year try Samsung 1st. They'll probably ask you to do a test and if they find it's defective they may give you a report-code, which you give to Amazon, who in turn will replace it instantly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

If it's after 30 days and under 1 year try Samsung 1st. They'll probably ask you to do a test and if they find it's defective they may give you a report-code, which you give to Amazon, who in turn will replace it instantly :-)

No harm contacting amazon first. (I had a problem with an electric toothbrush and they sent me out a new one free of charge, no questions asked. Turns out the charger was at fault so I ended up with two of brushes).

I'd imagine they looked at my account and saw i'd a few big purchases, (TV, freesat box etc. prob up on £800 that year) so figured it was worth keeping me happy.

They're customer service is very good so I'd email them and see what they say, they'll respond quickly so then you can contact Samsung if they tell you to

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

How are you claiming vat back on purchases in england.
    Are Amazon registered for vat in Ireland?

Thanks for all the replies, will email amazon tomorrow.
    We would spend a fair bit with them but run two accounts, one for personal purchases and on for business purchases. The personal one is in my name and for business in my dhs name. There is a place to enter vat no's if you google or look at your account. They verify it first and you can't just turn it on and off which is why we keep two separate accounts.
    Amazon do pay Irish VAT, its one of the reasons why you may notice that you are actually paying more than you thought as it adjusts to irish vat rates

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thanks for all the replies, will email amazon tomorrow.
    We would spend a fair bit with them but run two accounts, one for personal purchases and on for business purchases. The personal one is in my name and for business in my dhs name. There is a place to enter vat no's if you google or look at your account. They verify it first and you can't just turn it on and off which is why we keep two separate accounts.
    Amazon do pay Irish VAT, its one of the reasons why you may notice that you are actually paying more than you thought as it adjusts to irish vat rates

Thanks Loopy.

No harm contacting amazon first. (I had a problem with an electric toothbrush and they sent me out a new one free of charge, no questions asked. Turns out the charger was at fault so I ended up with two of brushes).

I'd imagine they looked at my account and saw i'd a few big purchases, (TV, freesat box etc. prob up on £800 that year) so figured it was worth keeping me happy.

They're customer service is very good so I'd email them and see what they say, they'll respond quickly so then you can contact Samsung if they tell you to

Again, thank you:D

I emailed Amazon with my tale of woe and they responded very quickly and are dispatching a new printer to me asap. I need to return the old one, just have to wait for the new one to arrive to print the return label.

I am extremely impressed and will definitely be buying future electric items from them for their fantastic customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Again, thank you:D

I emailed Amazon with my tale of woe and they responded very quickly and are dispatching a new printer to me asap. I need to return the old one, just have to wait for the new one to arrive to print the return label.

I am extremely impressed and will definitely be buying future electric items from them for their fantastic customer service.

Yeah if the price is a small bit more expensive than elsewhere it can be worth paying it for peace of mind! I was also very impresses with their customer service when I had to deal with a faulty item which I had about 6 months.

Advertisement