Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

^Same in Wexford 3 for 75c at checkout ,priced at 3 for €1.50^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are they out of date?

Thargor wrote: »
    Are they out of date?
    just checked the date 08/11/20:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Basq wrote: »
    Oh, they've the dishwasher flavour Dime bars back? Those are my fav's.

If they only get the Cif flavoured Turkish Delight back, I'd be in heaven.

You mean lemon?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

Mine are middle of December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Did you use alkaline or heavy duty?

fin12 wrote: »
    How do people find the batteries in Dealz? I bought a Kodak pack and they are not great. I’m using them for Halloween lights but after a few hours, lights start flickering and light not as bright.

What batteries would ye recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Did you use alkaline or heavy duty?

It was the heavy duty ones, but I just bought Duracell ones now, actually I got Halloween lights with batteries included in lidl, and the batteries are very good. Maxelle, alkaline batteries. Wonder can u get packs of them in lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Any heavy duty battery is trash. Just buy Kodak Alkaline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

Not a bother with them for weeks yet

Not a bother with them for weeks yet

All eaten first day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,826 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Pep&Co clothing open in my local.
    Just basic clothing at a good price. Plus they were fully stocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Any heavy duty battery is trash. Just buy Kodak Alkaline

Total sh!te! Kodak is a makey upey name for cheap sh!te batteries sold by dealz.

As a comparison the supposed best Dealz kodak alkaline batteries take about 10 photographs in my wifes camera before they go flat and Lidl or Panasonic batteries take at least 100.

I've never come across such crap cheap batteries as they sell in Dealz. In my LED torch Dealz Alkaline batteries don't last a week when I use them out every night walking the dogs where as just about any other Alkaline batteries last about 6 months.

I actually have some brand new unopened packs of Kodak Extralife Alkaline batteries that I threw in the bin to save myself wasting my time fitting them - actually put them straight into the battery recycling box in Lidl.

Wake me up when it's all over.

What are ye even buying cheap disposable batteries for? They're an environmental nightmare and a total false economy if you dont care about that.

Buy some Panasonic Eneloops and a charger and they last pretty much forever, thousands of charge cycles. Charge them up and stick them in a drawer and in 2 years they'll still be at 80%. IKEAs rechargeable batteries are from the same factory and pretty much indistinguishable.

Deals have smart plugs for €8 there really good I have two well worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dealz have advent calenders with chocolates, some have some serious weight.

https://www.dealz.ie/christmas/

Cadbury Dairy Milk Chunks Advent Calendar 258g
    €1.50

Mars Celebrations Advent Calendar 230g
    €1.50

a tub of celebrations is 650g, so at that price a tub is 4.23, which is not great, but you are buying it for the gimmick.

The cadbury one was £5.99 (~€6.60) on their site

https://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/cadbury-dairy-milk-chunk-advent-calendar-258g.html

Reese Chocolate Advent 247g

€1.50

2-GANG 2-WAY LIGHT SWITCH WHITE reduced to 75c
    7549D_P&$prodImageMedium$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

zell12 wrote: »

Shocking ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Thargor wrote: »
    What are ye even buying cheap disposable batteries for? They're an environmental nightmare and a total false economy if you dont care about that.

Buy some Panasonic Eneloops and a charger and they last pretty much forever, thousands of charge cycles. Charge them up and stick them in a drawer and in 2 years they'll still be at 80%. IKEAs rechargeable batteries are from the same factory and pretty much indistinguishable.

Where can you get the Panasonic Eneloops? I'm not near IKEA. Any rechargeables I've tried weren't up to much but they are very old now.

I bought all mine on Amazon, wouldnt trust Ebay with all the fakes. Eneloops are completely different to the old rechargeables or whatever you have, they're better than regular batteries. Eneloop Pros are even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I find some, not all, of the staff in Dealz quite ignorant including the managers and not in just in one store. I wonder are they one of the lowest paid in the retail sector.

I know value when I see it and not everything is good value there, far from it. I understand there is a programme about their parent company on channel 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I understand there is a programme about their parent company on channel 4.

Cringe worthy watch if you're looking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

zell12 wrote: »

That image is from screwfix.ie. Thought this page was for Dealz?? Only 2-gang 2-way switch I could find in my local Dealz was made by Electrek for €1.50, and it's different to what you posted.

And here it is on screwfix.ie "https://www.screwfix.ie/p/10ax-2-gang-2-way-light-switch-white/7549d"

I put it in quotes to show the link

FanadMan wrote: »
    That image is from screwfix.ie.
    It is from screwfix. Could not find the image on Poundland or Dealz - some people don't know what the name for it is!
    They are selling them in the reduced section for 75c though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Just chipping in that Thargor is right. A good set or two of rechargeable batteries & a charger is the only way to go. Much cheaper in the long run and will last far longer on a charge than the cheap sets from the pound shops.

Eneloop are great but Amazons own Basics range are also highly recommended by multiple sites.

I find some, not all, of the staff in Dealz quite ignorant including the managers and not in just in one store. I wonder are they one of the lowest paid in the retail sector.

I know value when I see it and not everything is good value there, far from it. I understand there is a programme about their parent company on channel 4.

I agree re their staff, seem to be the least compliant with wearing face makes and really come up into your personal space when there’s no need for it. I was using the self service checkout one day and a staff member came right up near me to get at that bin and empty it, I just think she could have waited till I finished with social distancing and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Let me tell you about minimum wage managers. They have been on the bottom for years and they get their first stripes like corporals in the army. They feel they have to avenge every past giviance and show they are now the boss because they got off the bottom step. That is usually where they stay. The better ones are the ones that didnt have enough money to get an education and are there for just long enough to get up to the next rung on the ladder which is merchandising sales rep. Tough business to be in.

Yeah check out Poundland wars. Its just a dog eat dog world out there. Pile 'em high and watch em buy. See it from the other side and see how they make stock move and how they substitute products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I know value when I see it and not everything is good value there, far from it.
    you could check on your phone for prices in tesco or supervalu to get an idea if you cannot remember the price of stuff, or the price per kilo since dealz can have odd sizes.

I think they do the same trickery as woodies & powercity, people end up presuming "hey, its dealz, it must be good value". Like powercity might have had a big sign up saying light bulbs are discounted or trying to make out like its a great price, when they were a rip off. Like how woodies can be far more expensive than a small independent hardware shop, or indeed dealz.

Like how currys or PC world etc might have a cheap printer, but then charge 15 euro for a 1.50-2euro cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The same happened to me in Dealz. Staff member came right up to me after me saying "stop" aloud in anticipation of her ignorant action. I was cornered and very worried afterwards. When I spoke to a manager two arrived and completely defended her action. They were so ignorant and not in the least bit managerial in the manner they dealt with it. The woman who I complained about actually removed her name badge. She was a foreign worker. I find some of the staff in Dealz unprofessional. They must pay peanuts as the saying goes.

Have to say that the staff in my local Dealz, apart from one young woman (that I haven't seen in a while) are really nice. Must be the Donegal charm we have up here :D

The same happened to me in Dealz. Staff member came right up to me after me saying "stop" aloud in anticipation of her ignorant action. I was "cornered" and very worried afterwards for fear of infection. It's simply total ignorance or recklessness which unfortunately is widespread on the streets of my city.When I spoke to a manager two arrived and completely defended her action. They were so ignorant and not in the least bit managerial in the manner they dealt with it. The woman who I complained about actually removed her name badge. She was a foreign worker. I find some of the staff in Dealz unprofessional. They must pay peanuts as the saying goes.

That’s crazy. I worked myself in retail before and can’t believe the manager took the side of the employee. Most managers would be very apologetic to the customer especially since u were completely in the right, I’ll prob get killed for saying this but the deals nearest me, the staff are quiet rough I’ve noticed compared to a lot of other retail shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Low paid, poorly trained staff in sh1tty discount retailer. Baffling.

Advertisement