Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

micheal creedon park/pitch and putt

Options
  • 31-05-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Does anyone know what is the distance from micheal creedon park gate to the pitch and putt gate by the bridge? Just starting to go walking there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Where is the Michael Creedon park?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katy67

Behind carechoice/glenview motors

I assume you are talking about Macroom.As fair as I know it is called the Tom Creedon park. I would say that from the Sullane Weir gate to the main gate is about a mile so to the Tom Creedon gate would be a small bit more asuming you follow the path.

Oops silly me. yeah you're right it's Tom Creedon but thanks anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Miaireland wrote: »
    I would say that from the Sullane Weir gate to the main gate is about a mile so to the Tom Creedon gate would be a small bit more asuming you follow the path.

I reckon it's just over half a mile. I used to run there a lot and my pace was usually a 7 minute mile and from what I remember that piece of the run only took me about 4 mins.

• Advertisement

I wish I was as fit!

katy67 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is the distance from micheal creedon park gate to the pitch and putt gate by the bridge? Just starting to go walking there.

For any road based distances you need to know just use this site, I use it all the time and it's quite accurate. You simply search for where you are running (Macroom I presume for you) and click the 'Start Recording' button. Double click on your start point and on subsequent points along your route and it will automatically calculate your route distance for you.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

As a guideline for you...the Hermitage to the Topaz out on the Cork road is 2.5 miles.

Hi Trotter, thanks for the name of the site. It is very handy to have it.

katy67 wrote: »
    Does anyone know are you allowed to walk through the golf course from the gate on the killarney road to macroom square? l hate walking on the street/road because of the traffic noise, looking for a route that is nice and quiet

As far as I know that gate out on the Killarney road is always locked. As an alternative you could walk through the Sullane Weirs, all the way through Creedon park and out on to the main road (across from the Bridge Bar). Then, walk over the bridge, through the Castle gates and you walk down by the river and up through the golf course. My physio told me that the public have the right to walk that golf course, I'm not sure how accurate that is but plenty of people do it, even with dogs. If you walk through up the main road through the golf course you can take a right at the maintenence shed and continue on through the course, it's a lovely walk :) You'll obviously have to double back on your route, but it's much better than walking on the busy roads!

Or, if you enter the golf course via the Castle gates you can left a left via the GAA pitch and you can walk the entire perimiter of the golf course.

Thanks, l will do that but it is ashamed that the gate on the killarney road is locked. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement