Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock Meteor Phone for O2 Network

Options
  • 31-05-2012 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

Just got a phone from a friend who is on the Meteor Network and I am with O2 so need to unlock the network. Does anyone know how to do this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

What type of phone is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Sony xperia arc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Ask meteor, very simple.

I did but havent heard anything back from them, cant even find a phone number on their website to contact them, and if you want to post a question on their forum you have to give them a meteor mobile number!!

From the looks of some of the forum posts I could read on meteor's website, this wont be a quick and simple process!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Your friend will have to do it. Tell him to call customer care with the model and IMEI of the phone he wants to give away. It's the only way they'll unlock it.

• Advertisement

He did it yesterday for me and couldnt be happier with it, what a relief to be away from my stoopid iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I am trying to unlock my meteor phone. I have the unlocking code now, what do I do with it. I typed the code into my phone but nothing happened. Could anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

hillbloom wrote: »
    I am trying to unlock my meteor phone. I have the unlocking code now, what do I do with it. I typed the code into my phone but nothing happened. Could anyone help?

What type of phone is it?

Cookie Its a Nokia 1616-2. I have an android but I'm using this cheap nokia as a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Advertisement

Tried that Cookie. Still didn't work. I will have to ring them again. I unlocked a phone with O2 a few years ago and they just directed me on what to do!!!

Advertisement