Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla Graffiti

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

ozmo wrote: »
    graffiti removers don't work on pebble-dash walls.

They do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aOofXHq09RQ

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

ozmo wrote: »
    Hi - if you are refering to the Castlefield wall - yes that was actually the residents that did the planting - Fingal supplied the plants - thanks Fingal :)

The wall in question borders the Clonsilla Link Road and Castlefield Court, the one in your pic appears to be inside the estate, perhaps the Park or Woods? See below courtesy of Google maps. The entire wall has been defaced since.

25qunlx.jpg

@Ozmo, Castlefield Woods appears to have an active RA, do you know if the Court & Park fall under the same umbrella?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

zoobizoo wrote: »

Thats brilliant - thanks for the link - Ill forward it to them.
    Ive tried everything I could find before - stuff from ebay, grinders, turps and some grifitti removers woodies sell - nothing shifts it.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

The wall in question borders the Clonsilla Link Road and Castlefield Court, the one in your pic appears to be inside the estate, perhaps the Park or Woods? See below courtesy of Google maps. The entire wall has been defaced since.

25qunlx.jpg

@Ozmo, Castlefield Woods appears to have an active RA, do you know if the Court & Park fall under the same umbrella?

Oh - yes, sorry - a different wall - photo is from the opposite side of Castlefield estate - the 100m wall along Shelerin road wall - just behind the trees link

Castlefield Woods have a RA (website www.castlefieldwoods.com )
    Its quite active, has several events per year (BBQs on green, clean ups, christmas parties etc) and meets with Fingal once a year.

Castlefield Park dont have a RA right now - but they have been known to rally together when needed - like when the trees in the middle of the green were going to be cut down...

“Roll it back”

Quick update - the graffiti in question was removed recently, reports suggest that a professional contractor undertook the works, I'm assuming under the auspices of the council? If so, its good to note that FCC are taking positive action in such cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Credit where credit's due on this one, they have done everything that we could ask. Climbers planted pretty much the full way up the length of the wall and the graffiti removed. Let's hope the plants are given time to grow and the wall stays graffiti free.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭travist

Out of interest, what could be done if you catch someone in the act of graffiti? I mean, say you are driving by at night and see someone defacing a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

travist wrote: »
    Out of interest, what could be done if you catch someone in the act of graffiti? I mean, say you are driving by at night and see someone defacing a wall.
    Well, it's a criminal act so you'd call the Guards at least. If the person in question was someone you feel you could challenge, I'd do that personally, but I wouldn't advise that generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

zoobizoo wrote: »

Massive job satisfaction with that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Well it didn't take long to reappear did it? If anybody sees the muppet who is painting faces over all the walls in Ongar and Clonsilla please try to get a picture or some sort of description to the guards.

• Advertisement

mattb74 wrote: »
    Well it didn't take long to reappear did it?

Saw that this afternoon, what a clown.

Advertisement