Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Customer Service !!!

Options
  • 31-05-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

To start I had serious hassle with Eircom when I moved house and I wanted to just move my broadband with me. The new house was just 100yds away from the old one. Anyway eircom made a total balls of it. The big issue I had at the time was the way it was dealt with. Instead of someone just standing up, acknowledging a mistake had been made and sorting it out I had to put up with constant lies, covering arse and total incompetence from everyone I dealt with in Eircom at the time.

Anyway that's all in the past and here I am 3 years later having to contact Eircom to get a phone line connected to a new. When I moved into the house I was told there was no broadband in the area but now seemingly there is.

I rang Eircom on the 17/5/2012 to find out if broadband was available.
    This thread is to keep a track of how I get on with Eircom this time.

17/5/2012 was told Broadband is available. I asked what speeds but the CS rep could not say. He said if I ordered phone line it would be free as they were currently running a special offer. He said when engineer came to install it he would be able to test the line and let me know what speeds I could get. If I wasn't happy with the result I could cancel the phone line as there was a 10 day cooling of period.
    I ordered the line. He said it would be installed in 5 working days

23/5/2012.
    Received customer service agreement in post. (which said installation in 10 working days)

30/5/2012
    Rang eircom to check order update. As I didn't have order number the CS rep could not find my order. He said it didn't look like an order was on the system. I told him I had a customer service agreement at home and I would call back later with the order number.

30/5/2012
    Called again with order number. Was told the the date for my installation was 31/5/2012 which was the following day. I expressed surprise that no one had contacted me about this and he said they would in the morning if a technician had to call. I said they definitely would have to call as it was a new house and he said they would be calling so.

31/5/2012
    I called customer service at 12md as I still had not received a call and i could not wait around all day waiting for it. Was told by CS rep that no date had been fixed for my installation. She said she would send an email to find out was was going on and she would contact me this evening or early tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭greenoverred

Suprise surprise no call from Eircom.

1/6/2012
    I rang them to check on the order. C/S rep said she could find no details of my order. I gave her the name of the rep I spoke with yesterday and told her about the email that was meant to be sent. I was put on hold. She then came back to me to inform me that there was a problem with my order and it had to be cancelled. She could not tell me what the problem was. She said a new order was going through and I would hear more about it on Monday. The reason I was given for not receiving a call back from yesterday was that her colleague was on a call since she heard about the problem with the order.

So its 14 days since I ordered a phone line and back to square one again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Suprise surprise no call from Eircom.

1/6/2012
    I rang them to check on the order. C/S rep said she could find no details of my order. I gave her the name of the rep I spoke with yesterday and told her about the email that was meant to be sent. I was put on hold. She then came back to me to inform me that there was a problem with my order and it had to be cancelled. She could not tell me what the problem was. She said a new order was going through and I would hear more about it on Monday. The reason I was given for not receiving a call back from yesterday was that her colleague was on a call since she heard about the problem with the order.

So its 14 days since I ordered a phone line and back to square one again.

Hi greenoverred,

Thank you for your post.

Please PM your eircom Account or home phone number and details regarding your query, so I can look into this.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Hi greenoverred,

Thank you for your post.

Please PM your eircom Account or home phone number and details regarding your query, so I can look into this.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Ant

Thanks for answering my post.
    The reason I posted this was to give an account of my experience with customer care over the phone. I am trying to carry out a simple transaction with your company ie. get a phone installed and check how it will work with broadband. From past experience I suspected that this would be hassle and so far im been proved right.

I have no doubt you could sort this problem out fairly swiftly now that I have posted it in the public domain. My question is why can a customer service rep on the phone not do the same. Why cant the people answering the phone try and go out of their way to fix a problem and why are they willing to tell you anything to get you off the phone. Every call takes about 15-20mins and yet nothing at the end.

Your company is not alone in this. 3, vodafone and numerous other companies have reps on boards who will bend over backwards to sort out a problem but when a customer calls on the phone they get a totally different response.

Im going to persist with dealing with this issue over the phone just to see how it turns out. Ill keep you posted on how I get on.

Well, No call today. Surprise surprise

Because of the bank holiday ill leave it till tomorrow to call them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Ant

Thanks for answering my post.
    The reason I posted this was to give an account of my experience with customer care over the phone. I am trying to carry out a simple transaction with your company ie. get a phone installed and check how it will work with broadband. From past experience I suspected that this would be hassle and so far im been proved right.

I have no doubt you could sort this problem out fairly swiftly now that I have posted it in the public domain. My question is why can a customer service rep on the phone not do the same. Why cant the people answering the phone try and go out of their way to fix a problem and why are they willing to tell you anything to get you off the phone. Every call takes about 15-20mins and yet nothing at the end.

Your company is not alone in this. 3, vodafone and numerous other companies have reps on boards who will bend over backwards to sort out a problem but when a customer calls on the phone they get a totally different response.

Im going to persist with dealing with this issue over the phone just to see how it turns out. Ill keep you posted on how I get on.
    Well, No call today. Surprise surprise

Because of the bank holiday ill leave it till tomorrow to call them.

Hi again greenoverred,

Did you get this issue sorted in the end? We'll be happy to look into it for you here. PM either myself or Ant with the account info and we'll get you your answers. Apologies for the lack of contact up to this point but I can assure you we'll deal with it here.

Regards

James

• Advertisement

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. I cintacted CS on Tuesday. I spoke with a rep who informed me an appointment had been fixed for Friday. Ill see how that goes.

Can you confirm something for me.
    The reason I am getting the phone line installed is for broadband. I am hearing differing reports on what broadband is available to me. The advice I was given by Eircom was to get the line installed. The engineer would check the broadband on it and if I wasnt happy I could cancel the phone line and there would be no charge. Is this correct and if so how long after the line is installed have I to cancel the phone line

Had Eircom Engineer call today.

He had a look around and went back to the depot to investigate.

Basically he says the situation is as follows.
    My house is about 5km from the exchange. It is situated on a road which is 2km long and has about 20 houses on it. The engineer said that only a certain amount of lines are coming from the exchange to the road and these are all used. These would be my neighbours with the broadband. He said my phoneline would have to come to my house by way of a carrier and that these cannot take broadband.

He has no idea when or if they will ever upgrade this situation.

So the jist of it is no broadband for me despite the website and the sales team informing me I was in a broadband enabled area and would be able to get NGB.

Can any of the reps here confirm if this a common situation that the number of lines on a road would be restricted and that they would be handed out on a first come first served basis. It seems a bit ridiculous that when lines were brought to an area at all that it wouldnt be future proofed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Your line is split using a carrier or pairgain device. You pay full line rental and get half a line.

The only resolution is for eircom is to run more copper to your road.

Naturally you pay full line rental for half a line.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Your line is split using a carrier or pairgain device. You pay full line rental and get half a line.

The only resolution is for eircom is to run more copper to your road.

Naturally you pay full line rental for half a line.

Thanks Sponge Bob

When you say run more copper does this mean it has to be run from the exchange because this highly unlikely to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Had Eircom Engineer call today.

He had a look around and went back to the depot to investigate.

Basically he says the situation is as follows.
    My house is about 5km from the exchange. It is situated on a road which is 2km long and has about 20 houses on it. The engineer said that only a certain amount of lines are coming from the exchange to the road and these are all used. These would be my neighbours with the broadband. He said my phoneline would have to come to my house by way of a carrier and that these cannot take broadband.

He has no idea when or if they will ever upgrade this situation.

So the jist of it is no broadband for me despite the website and the sales team informing me I was in a broadband enabled area and would be able to get NGB.

Can any of the reps here confirm if this a common situation that the number of lines on a road would be restricted and that they would be handed out on a first come first served basis. It seems a bit ridiculous that when lines were brought to an area at all that it wouldnt be future proofed

Hi greenoverred,

Can you PM me with your new address or telephone number and I will look into the order / technician remarks and get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

pm sent

have you looked into this

have you looked into this

Hi greenoverred

I checked myself and Ants PM and I could not find the message can you send it again to me please.

Thanks, Mark

Ive tried to send the message again.

If you didnt get it will you pm me and ill reply to that.

thanks

Ive tried to send the message again.

If you didnt get it will you pm me and ill reply to that.

thanks

Hi greenoverred,

I got the details thanks and PM you back. I am sorry I could not get back to you with any better news.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement