Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat from tenerife to dublin

• 31-05-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25

hello there,i am looking if anyone has any information on bringing my cat from tenerife to dublin,i have found that ryanair and are lingus do not allow animals on their short haul flights.i have found one pet courier who will transport my cat but it will cost over 1000 euro.if i can not find anything else i will have to take this option.
    anyone have any ideas?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭maalummoja

The process is not just about transporting the cat. Its getting through customs here in Ireland that will be the biggest hurdle. You must contact the Dept of Agriculture as the is certain conditions and also approved airlines carriers etc to get it here.. PM me if you want any other info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 irish25

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/pets/
    Pet Travel and EU Pet Passport
    From the 1st January 2012 there will be harmonised conditions for pet dogs, cats and ferrets that travel throughout the entire EU, including Ireland. Pets entering Ireland from the EU will require:
    Passport/certificate showing identification
    Subsequent rabies vaccination at least 21 days before entry
    Specific tapeworm treatment of all pet dogs
    Pets travelling from other qualifying (low risk) countries can also travel into Ireland on the same conditions as set out above.

my cat has all this.it seems like it is all that is required?

Advertisement