Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloudy ginger beer

Options
  • 31-05-2012 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I made a recent batch of cloudy ginger beer (with 1.5kg of ginger/2kg glucose & 0.5kg light dried spraymalt). Fermentation is just finished and I had a sip last night & it seems very sharp.

I am wondering what would be the best priming options at bottling to sweeten it a bit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Splenda seems to be the non-fermentable sweetener of choice. I use the lidl sweetener and it works perfectly for me (at a fraction of the cost). You could add some lactose if you prefer a natural sweetener, but it's adding a lot of calories for the equivalent sweetness.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

I make ginger beer with an all-malt mix, and it retains a lot of sweetness from the malt.

Advertisement