Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with first build , what is this cable for

Options
  • 31-05-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

hi guys need a bit of help with my first build , on my audio cable there is another cable off it that says AC'97 , now i know where the audio cable goes but what about this AC'97 ??? it looks like just an extension of the Audio cable but im not sure does it connect in somewhere else ?? pic below

9f17d428.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

the AC97 hasnt been used since the 90's. not by me anyway :D

seriously though, I've no idea why its still included these days. legacy stuff needs to go away. I've still got a parallel header on my z77 extreme6 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Just in case man, just. in. case. You have to remember that some things in businesses move on waaaaaaaaaaaay slower than your average enthusiast and they need to sell some equipment to them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭briany

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    the AC97 hasnt been used since the 90's. not by me anyway :D

seriously though, I've no idea why its still included these days. legacy stuff needs to go away. I've still got a parallel header on my z77 extreme6 :confused:

Step 1 : AC '97

Step 2 : Voodoo graphics

Step 3 : Install Aliens v. Predator 2.

Step 4 : Yell at the screen when Windows 95 can't find the dlls

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

briany wrote: »
    Step 1 : AC '97

Step 2 : Voodoo graphics

Step 3 : Install Aliens v. Predator 2.

Step 4 : Yell at the screen when Windows 95 can't find the dlls

Step 5: Messing around with IRQs until you find one that works.

• Advertisement
Advertisement