Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points For Originality

Options
  • 31-05-2012 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

So I came across this picture and it gave me an idea for a cool thread.
    Post pictures of the most original and interesting aquariums you've seen. In person or on the web, doesnt matter. Everyone likes a nice, natural aquarium that mimics the inhabitants natural enviroment but I want to see some of the more radical, out-there designs :p

Ill get the ball rolling with this one.. Gave me a great laugh this morning :D
    562388_389865747716658_185551488148086_1011348_1645505948_n.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

That's awesome! Definitely reminds me to start the minecraft themed tank I wanted to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Not my cup of tea at all. I love the natural look and to have that in my front room would be a nightmare :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Not my cup of tea at all. I love the natural look and to have that in my front room would be a nightmare :eek:

I'm with you. It's great and all and I admire the making of it and the effort gone into it, but it reminds me of those awful kids tanks you see - at least Spongebob Squarepants is vaguely water based. Also if their goldfish are anything like my goldfish, it'll only be a matter of time before someone loses scales or gets wedged somewhere.

Also no controller : -1 from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

We've got both in our house: the sub-tropical tank is a very natural affair but the goldfish tank is in the kids playroom so we did it full of bright colours. I've upgraded the filter since I took the photo but the ornamentation is still pretty much the same... there's a little castle in there too now though:

171602.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sleepy wrote: »
    We've got both in our house: the sub-tropical tank is a very natural affair but the goldfish tank is in the kids playroom so we did it full of bright colours. I've upgraded the filter since I took the photo but the ornamentation is still pretty much the same... there's a little castle in there too now though:

171602.JPG
    Love the background.

They have that in almost every pet shop I've ever been in... we have it in a second (larger) tank in the same room too but it's not a finished set-up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It gives a real depth to the tank. Mine just has some textured black thing that I can't get off. One day I shall have the tank of my dreams.

Yeah, in the right tank it works very well. The other tank we have it in has a sand substrate so it looks like a pristine ocean setting... reckon it would be fantastic for a reef tank so here's hoping for the Lotto Saturday night!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Your tank is lovely sleepy, it really works with the stones and the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

yeah its not the background really, its the stones matching it that makes it look and feel right.
    Lovely

Advertisement