Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper Blue - Sugar

Options
  • 31-05-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭

For any fans of Husker Du or Sugar a reminder that the Bob Mould band will be playing the Copper Blue album in full at the Liss Ard Festival this August bank holiday.

This guy is also one of the major influences on The Pixies and this album is brilliant from start to finish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Absolutely fantastic album which I still listen to regularly. Saw them live back in 93 and they were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Loved this album when I bought it ten years ago. Need to dig it out.

Hoover Dam and Changes, bloody brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Fantastic album, as is Beaster. Is the festival far from Cork City? I'm hoping he adds another Irish date as I don't wanna make the nine hour trek down the country.. If it comes to it, though, I will. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Gigs & Events.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Just outside Skibereen so a fair trek from Cork city. If last year was anything to go by the bonus is the crowds are small enough that you can get a front row view with little hassle.
    Fantastic album, as is Beaster. Is the festival far from Cork City? I'm hoping he adds another Irish date as I don't wanna make the nine hour trek down the country.. If it comes to it, though, I will. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

whats Liss Ard festival like? Thinking of heading down. Looking for a festival to go to not just based on the music, just a bonus. Looking to chill out really. Right place to go? Is it well organised? What type of crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

I was there last year. It was well organised. Gets an older/family type crowd , so very mellow with no trouble.
    Its set in a lovely location on the Liss Ard estate. It was mostly music last year but this year theres a literary tent and a food area as well.Theres a lovely stage in a walled garden which is very pleasant and hosts the smaller gigs. Saw Patti Smith do a great acoustic set there last year .

I camped in the general camping area which was a wee bit boisterous after the gigs ended but all friendly really. Am going to camp in the family area this year as I'm a bit long in the tooth to enjoy people falling on my tent at 3 in the morning.
    Would not hesitate to recommend it though - its within walking distance of Skibereen as well so you can always pop into town for a bite to eat of a pint in a pub. We went in on the Sunday morning and had a pint and a read of the newspapers in a local pub - rock and roll!

whats Liss Ard festival like? Thinking of heading down. Looking for a festival to go to not just based on the music, just a bonus. Looking to chill out really. Right place to go? Is it well organised? What type of crowd?

Advertisement