Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI cable in city centre

Options
  • 31-05-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Anywhere I can buy a HDMI cable (HDMI->HDMI micro) in the city centre?

I have tried Argos but they only have cables that are way too expensive at about €35 (I can get them online for less than a tenner).

Sherwoods are useless, dunno how they have stayed in business all these years, the staff look at you like you're speaking a foreign language when you ask them about audio/visual stuff.

Sony Centre is closing down but said try the mobile phone shops but they don't have them.

I know DID Electrical or Kelly & Dollard might have them but I can't get out there, so is there anywhere else in the city centre that I could try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Most of the Tescos would have them.
    Oh HDMI Micro. Eh....different case :/

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Toner up by the hyper might have them as well

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Is the micro HDMI the ones some of the smartphones use to get picture from phone to television????? If it is and you only need a loan of a the cable then i have one here, you can have it until you find one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

I bought one last year at PC World. Can't remember the price, but it wasn't cheap. I think around €20. It was for a camcorder to TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I need to buy one to connect my new mp3/media player to a tv to stream films. The guy in the Sony Centre said a lot of smartphones use the same HDMI micro slot so suggested trying the phone shops but they didn't have any where I looked.

I'll try Toners, and I suppose Soundstore which is around there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

I got mine in a Tesco, Tesco ballybeg & Poleberry will have them

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

The yoke i have is the HDMI MHL cable. got it off fleabay. Fairly pricy little things.

kanex-mhl-hdmi-adapter-1314780175.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Nearly certain I got mine in Harvey Normans. Give them a try if u are still looking.

Advertisement