Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer from J.A to Illness benefit

• 31-05-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    I am on sick certs for the last 5 weeks after been on long term job seekers allowance. I had to apply through my Community Welfare officer as I do not have enough PRSI contributions. I haven't received any money in the 5 weeks I have been sick :mad:, the CWO keeps sending me around in circles with forms and asking me how long I'm going to be sick for, I may well be on certs for some time. Does anyone know the procedure when transferring from long term JA to illness benefit, or how long it should take to get payment fixed up.

Regards
    Cath

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

If you don't have sufficient PRSI contributions you won't be able to switch to Illness Benefit. You'll be paid Supplementary Welfare Allowance instead. It shouldn't take that long, as soon as the Community Welfare Officer is satisfied that you are not capable of working due to illness and meet all the other criteria (habitual residence, means test). It should be backdated to the date that you applied for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Even though you do not qualify for illness benefit you need to keep sending in your certs to illness benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cath_1

That's great thanks guys,

Does anyone know if there is a time limit for staying on Supplementary Welfare and can you apply for disability allowance after a certain period of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

cath_1 wrote: »
    That's great thanks guys,

Does anyone know if there is a time limit for staying on Supplementary Welfare and can you apply for disability allowance after a certain period of time.

You can apply for da now. Its a means tested payment. See below.
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW29/Pages/1WhatisDisabilityAllowance.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cath_1

Thanks Eastbono, very helpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement