Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert history predictions

Options
  • 31-05-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

So I'm doin my JC over the next few weeks and have noticed the history paper has patterns for question 4,5 and 6. I was just wondering if anyone knew the predictions. :P :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭graeme157

I'd bet my left ball that 'A Settler Who Recieved Land During The Plantations' is coming up in q4. It has come up in 2010, 2008, 2006 and 2004. Every two years in the last 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 aineeck

graeme157 wrote: »
    I'd bet my left ball that 'A Settler Who Recieved Land During The Plantations' is coming up in q4. It has come up in 2010, 2008, 2006 and 2004. Every two years in the last 8.
    Thanks a million !

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭graeme157

Only going through this now and I have another one for ye. In Q5 the shortest time span between the 6 topics that come up is 5 years. So going by that then either the reformation(last came up in 2007) or the famine(last came up on its own in 2006) will come up. The famine came up along with the industrial revolution last year so that makes the reformation the most likely to come up. This is going over the past 10 years. I'm not as sure about this one but it does seem likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 aineeck

Only going through this now and I have another one for ye. In Q5 the shortest time span between the 6 topics that come up is 5 years. So going by that then either the reformation(last came up in 2007) or the famine(last came up on its own in 2006) will come up. The famine came up along with the industrial revolution last year so that makes the reformation the most likely to come up. This is going over the past 10 years. I'm not as sure about this one but it does seem likely.

your a great help thanks(:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

On q 6, from what people are saying the industrial revolution won't come up. Also never in the last 11 years, there was never a consecutive q5. Last year was industrial rev so that wont come up. I'm prayin that it wont. For q 6 (33% of the marks) u probably know that ww2, Irish social and political history always comes up so know that intimatly. Also will Gandhi come up in q6??? There was a year where it was a mix of ww2 and gandhi. ANYONE KNOW???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Layzerman

I'd bank on Reformation coming up in Section 5 and maybe Age of Explorations in Sec 6. Also expect Renaissance on the paper somewhere as it didn't come up at all last year, Section 4, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Junokevv

Shouldn't rely on predictions but anyway :p

Looking through the papers I'm guessing;
    q4 Renaissance and planter
    q5 Reformation
    q6 The 3 that always come up and part A has no pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭.skid

Did that question not also come up in 2011 tho? So it'd probably be unlikely for 3 years in a row,right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

That's good enough for me. thanks lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

This is what our teacher said could come up:

Q4: Archeologist at work
    Farmer in ancient Ireland
    Knight in the middle ages
    Craftsperson in the middle ages
    Artist/sculptor from the Renaissance
    Mine/Factory worker
    Revolutionary leader

Q5: Reformation (If it does come up, the Council of Trent, Jesuits and the Inquisition would probably be questioned.)
    Plantations

Q6: The same as usual for B, C and D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 someguy11

Does anyone know what is comming up for the 2014 Junior Cert History paper for q4,5,6 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

someguy11 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is comming up for the 2014 Junior Cert History paper for q4,5,6 ??

No, no one knows. You can be pretty sure the People in History topics from 2013 won't be asked though.

And it's extremely likely the Cold War crisis will be asked in Q6, as it was asked in Q4 instead last year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

someguy11 wrote: »

No one knows for certain people can only make educated guesses, that being said I think the revolutions for Q5 (if it's not them then exploration)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

My teacher gave us all the topics that came up and the years (pretty sure theyre in the exam papers at the start) but i think like a knight/serf or a lord or lady of the manor will come up for Q6 and maybe Durer, can the people in history's that came up in our mocks come up again? I think ill learn Social and Political change off by heart for Q6 as they always come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

My teacher gave us all the topics that came up and the years (pretty sure theyre in the exam papers at the start) but i think like a knight/serf or a lord or lady of the manor will come up for Q6 and maybe Durer, can the people in history's that came up in our mocks come up again? I think ill learn Social and Political change off by heart for Q6 as they always come up.

People in history's from the mocks can come up again. The SEC don't take the mocks into account when the Junior Cert papers are made. The Junior Cert exams would have been made long before the mocks anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The mocks are nothing to do with the SEC, so it's just a coincidence if anything on the mock comes up (or doesn't).
    Unless you have actually studied the Social History question, I would avoid it. It is one of the worst-answered every year, probably because people think they can spoof.
    Questions on Northern Ireland are attempted least and often score well.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

For Q6 political change in Ireland and then international relations come up every year so you're as well off learning those!

Advertisement