Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Paul Green is a great player - WHY?" says Trapattoni

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Pro. F wrote: »
    Yes well done, repeat it again and ignore everything that is said to you. That's really helpful.

It was Trap's decision to not call up Wilson over the last year. If Trap had called him up and given him games then Wilson would be ready to go now. It is because of Trap that Green is going instead of Wilson.

It's not consistent. It is anything but consistent. McCarthy got back into the squad after having communication problems with Trap and crying off friendlies. Trap has said specifically that he is not excluding Wilson from the squad because of crying off from the friendlies but for some other, unspecified, disciplinary issue. Then the FAI released a statement saying that Trap wasn't excluding Wilson from the squad at all. This is not some consistent form of punishment for him having cried off from the friendlies.

But when people do give opinions that disagree with what a manager has done you immediately jump up with ''But theys are the professionals!'' Your fawning at even the opinions expressed by pundits now is really pathetic. Forming and expressing opinions honestly means that sometimes people will strongly disagree with (maybe even denounce, heaven forbid!) a manager's decisions. If you think people on an internet forum aren't entitled to do that, and that the press are, I really don't give a fúck. You just come across as a completely worthless contributor who is incapable of forming your own opinions and are happy to just regurgitate the opinions of others.

I enjoy having a decent debate on this site and I respect a lot of posters on here and treat them with respect. There are also plenty of posters, like you, who sometimes post drivel and then just repeat that drivel and ignore counter points when anybody argues with them. I'm not going to waste my time by trying to handle your argument delicately. It doesn't deserve it.

It was because you ignored what I said that I had to repeat it for your benefit so it might sink in.

Of course its because of Trap that Green is going instead of Wilson. How the hell could it not be? If you think I suggested otherwise you need to read what I said again and let it sink slowly in.

McCarthy was on his way to becoming a regular in the team when he cried off. He took a step down the pecking order. Consistent.

How many times do I have to say that I have no problem with people giving opinions? You still can't comprehend the difference between someone opining/offering their two cents/debating, and someone who is actually pretending to know more about football than Giovanni Trapattoni. Please don't come back to me again without having thought about it, I can't draw you a diagram.

Who is it that I have fawned over? Whose opinion have I regurgitated? Are you purposefully trying to misrepresent what I said or have you just run out of other insults?

I'm sure you respect the posters who agree with you but for those who don't you seem to descend to teenage angst style insults more often than not.

In the space of three posts you've said I'm afraid to think for myself, that I'm precious, that I should stick to weather reporting (?), that I'm fawning, pathetic, you don't give a **** and I'm worthless. Thats some astounding fury for a chat about football. Maybe you need to get laid?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Ormus wrote: »
    It was because you ignored what I said that I had to repeat it for your benefit so it might sink in.

Of course its because of Trap that Green is going instead of Wilson. How the hell could it not be? If you think I suggested otherwise you need to read what I said again and let it sink slowly in.

Okay, so when I said Wilson should be going instead of Green, it was obvious that it's because of how Trap has handled squad selection over the last year or so that that isn't the case. Yeah, I thought so too. You have just wasted my time by insisting that your hand be held every step of the way through this simple logical process.

When I originally said Wilson should be going instead of Green, I could have added something like ''Of course that would mean that Wilson should have been called up to more squads previously'', but I didn't think anybody would insist on requiring that to be spelled out for them.
    McCarthy was on his way to becoming a regular in the team when he cried off. He took a step down the pecking order. Consistent.

I wouldn't call the position McCarthy was in as on the way to becoming a regular in the team. But it's hard to judge. Either way Trap has specifically said that he is excluding Wilson for some other disciplinary issue and not for crying off injured.

Wilson has said he doesn't know what Trap is talking about and he wants to sort it and the FAI then released a statement saying that Trap isn't excluding Wilson at all. This has all the signs of just being another example of Trap falling out with a player unnecessarily.
    How many times do I have to say that I have no problem with people giving opinions? You still can't comprehend the difference between someone opining/offering their two cents/debating, and someone who is actually pretending to know more about football than Giovanni Trapattoni. Please don't come back to me again without having thought about it, I can't draw you a diagram.

Who is it that I have fawned over? Whose opinion have I regurgitated? Are you purposefully trying to misrepresent what I said or have you just run out of other insults?

Saying whether people are pretending to know more than a manager or not is completely subjective and pointless. There's nothing wrong with people strongly disagreeing with a manager's decisions on here. And you whining about how people shouldn't decry managers' decisions and how former professional footballers are entitled to hold forth on such matters but ''mere mortals'' are not is dumb as fùck.

The answers to your
    penultimate two questions are obvious from what I originally said, I'm not going to repeat it because you want to pretend you can't understand.

I'm sure you respect the posters who agree with you but for those who don't you seem to descend to teenage angst style insults more often than not.
    No, I respect the posters who are able to carry on a sensible and honest discussion. Disagreement is what makes discussion fun. Pointless arguments, like yours, are not.

You've really hurt me with the teenage angst remark btw.
    In the space of three posts you've said I'm afraid to think for myself, that I'm precious, that I should stick to weather reporting (?), that I'm fawning, pathetic, you don't give a **** and I'm worthless. Thats some astounding fury for a chat about football. Maybe you need to get laid?

So I take it that I won't be getting a Christmas card from you this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Pro. F wrote: »

So I take it that I won't be getting a Christmas card from you this year?

You're on my standby list, don't give up hope, Christmas is a long way off.

Advertisement