Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary level Irish.

• 31-05-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

I have just decided to do ordinary level Irish. Could anyone tell me the layout of the paper and what I need to learn. All I want is a pass and despite being in higher level I have very little Irish. So what should I focus on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

I apologise in advance if my spelling is poo.

Paper 1:
    The writing/comprehending questions.. You have to write two different answers. One in Litir, Comhra agus sceal. There is also another one but I forget what it means :/
    Also 2/3 comprehensions.

Paper 2:
    Filiocht:
    • An Spailpin Fanacht
    • Geibhann
    • Mo Ghrasa
    • An Tarrach Thiar
    • Colscaradh
    Pros:
    • An Gnath Rud
    • Oisin I dtir na nog
    • Caca Milis
    • Hurlumaboc
    • Dis

There is also leamthuiscint but I completely forget which paper it is in, I’m sorry. My best guess is 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Paper 1 - Tapetest and 2 Written pieces (Essay, story, letter, conversation)

Paper 2 - 2 comprehensions and all the prós and filíocht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

If you've done honours until recently, you will definitely do well enough in pass. It's really not that hard, I go through my mocks with no oral and no poems or stories so once you can right a little bit in basic Irish you'll do great. :)

Advertisement