Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Scrollbar Question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allaboutclicks

Hi Omega, you have overflow:hidden; on a number of elements and this will stop scrollbars appearing. I didn't look in depth into the page but I'd say you need overflow:hidden for the carousel but that styling is being applied to a number of elements in the page. If you use Firefox, install the Firebug addon and inspect the page you'll see what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭omega42

Thanks for the reply

I have commented out all overflow in the style sheet but still there is no scrollbar, I removed the stylesheet from the page and the scrollbars are there so it has to be something within that style1.css thats causing the problem.

To try I remove the footer.php which contained the carousel and it didnt help so dont think its that.

Its getting annoying :$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That's a lot of messy code for such a simple design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It looks like a combination of overflow hidden and absolute positioning.

As smash said above, a layout like that could be done in a much cleaner way. makes debugging a whole lot easier too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭omega42

thanks folks for ur reply and ur help, yea i know the site was a bit blotted and that turned out to be the problem in the end got it fixed now thankfully

• Advertisement
Advertisement