Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spray tan for a tan phobic !!

• 31-05-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi !
    My sister is getting married later this year and I've kind of convinced her to get a spray tan for the day as she's very pale and might even look a bit blue in the dress !!! So I've brought her to one place explained that it was her first tan ever, (she's never even put any on herself at home) and a trial for her wedding so could they do a Really NATURAL Tan to see how she likes it.
    Disaster ...... It is too dark and is patchy. Im not giving up though so I'm looking for some recommendations of where else to try, Dublin city centre / West Dublin or North Kildare If anyone can recommend a decent place they've been to , Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

top image is probably one of best tanns as it is designed for Irish skin tones , it just gives u a lovely natural color smells nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I've gotten a spray tan in So Belle in Castleknock. They have a deal on at the moment - €15 for a full body spray. The tan they use for this is called True Tan - I'd never heard of it before but was really happy with how it looked. I got the medium colour and had a nice golden tan for close to a week before it was time to remove it. You can get a lighter shade done if the medium is too dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm not sure if Clane in Co. Kildare would be too far out for you but Marrons is amazing. I never use fake tan but I have had a spray tan done there a few times and it was perfect and really natural looking every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I would recommened Au Courant or Vita Liberata for a natural looking colour tan. I got Top Image done once and it was really orange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

jadie wrote: »
    I would recommened Au Courant or Vita Liberata for a natural looking colour tan. I got Top Image done once and it was really orange

Sorry to hijack the thread but what was Vita Liberata like in terms of smell and longevity? I'm getting a spray tan done tomorrow and it's one of the ones that's on offer.

OP, make sure and choose a brand for which there are different choices of depth for light, medium and dark. At least your sister can go with the light one and have something that's more suited to her skin tone, rather than a "one-fits-all" type of job that won't work for her. I'm quite pale, and trust me, it's not a nice experience to be trying to scrub off a too-deep tan the next day having been told that it "works for all skin tones."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

It wore off quite well I thought, three shades available too

Advertisement