Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Al-Qaeda plot to kill Jedward at Eurovision foiled

• 31-05-2012 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

At first I thought this was a story you'd find in the Daily Mash or The Onion, but it's the Belfast Telegraph...
    Forty people linked to Al-Qaeda have been arrested over a plot to kill Jedward at the Eurovision song contest.
    Security services in host city Azerbaijan also recovered a major arms cache in the operation in which a number of key personnel and property were also targets, including Azeri President Ilham Aliyeve, the £100million Baku Crystal Hal and other major hotels which housed acts and officials connected to the song contest.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/news/alqaeda-plot-to-kill-jedward-at-eurovision-foiled-16166324.html#ixzz1wSxwcf2U
    OK, not just Jedward, but still...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

And they would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

They definitely have to be our contestant again next year then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I'm sure a few million other people plotted the same thing, in their heads at least.
    Poor Al-Qaeda - not fair to lock them up for something everyone thought about doing themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Oh noes anyone but Jedward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Actually sounds like a plot from a Jedward cartoon series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They weren't out to kill Jedward they were out to kill innocent people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

Al-Qaeda plot to kill Jedward at Eurovision foiled

Unfortunately.

Tinfoil suppliers could not be reached for comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

mike65 wrote: »
    They weren't out to kill Jedward they were out to kill innocent people.

And jedward aren't innocent, guilty of crimes against entertainment.
    Maybe next time......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Al-Qaeda * A great bunch of lads*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't always agree with Al-Qaeda, but when I do I think they should bomb Eurovision Song Contest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

9/11 was a day that changed the world....................................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

This is all a plot to make us like Jedward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

maybe they got it all wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Stupid terrorists.

Only the Seven Daggers of Meggido can kill the spawn of Satan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭lightspeed

9/11 was a day that changed the world....................................................

What did it change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Jester252 wrote: »

What, you reakon Russia should have won as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Jester252 wrote: »

During the cold war, if you wanted to be a good pro-western dictator, when you cracked down on dissidents, you'd call them "communists". These days its "islamists" and "Al-qaeda". Given that the fecker in charge of Azerbaijan is a bit like that, I'd take the whole thing with a few grains of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

see this is what happens when al -queda get careless, we miss out on the chance to be rid of those **** gob****es embarrasments twins

mind you if they were killed it would be like 10 times worse than the whole jade goody/princess di/katy french sobfests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

lightspeed wrote: »
    What did it change?

The world population dropped by several million, as they had to kill anyone who was even remotely considered to be involved in it.

It also lead to the invention of the underpants bomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

After Jedward , Dana.... on the subject of the underpants bomb .. my toddler used called his farts 'arse bangs'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I don't normally agree with Al-Qaeda but in this case I have to admire their good taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

mattjack wrote: »
    After Jedward , Dana.... on the subject of the underpants bomb .. my toddler used called his farts 'arse bangs'

Jesus wep't Mattjack... do you think Jedward might run for 'presidents' like Dana in a few years time ?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Damn, pity they didn't suceed , would be the one time I'd think "Bravo Al Queda"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I'm sure a few million other people plotted the same thing, in their heads at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lawhec wrote: »
    At first I thought this was a story you'd find in the Daily Mash or The Onion, but it's the Belfast Telegraph...

OK, not just Jedward, but still...

So what's with the thread title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Jesus, I actually thought something like that was going to happen:O

Maybe, I've read too many crime novels, but with the music, I actually expected bombs to go off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It's AH. Any chance to disparage Jedward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

lightspeed wrote: »

What did it change?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

If it's good enough to be the headline of the story for the Bele Tele it's good enough for AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Jedward, Jehad its an easy mistake to make :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

It was Iran that called it though.. there's no doubt the entire show dripped of gheyness but for 2 to 3 relatively male orientated acts. You have to applaud not just a person; but a fùcking government for denouncing it as ghey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

They wanted jedward out because of their fake accents and their hair stood up too tall. *sigh* they didn't get them, do us all a favour.

Advertisement