Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driving places

• 31-05-2012 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭

hi guys, im living in the bray area and was wondering are there any big spacious nearby areas that are empty to help my son pratice driving?he's just started thanks a million :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

The car park in Lidl in greystones is brilliant for learning if you go down at night, I taught my boyfriend there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The park and ride in Greystones is also a good spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

In Bray just off the Boghall Road where Chadwicks and the Recycling centre is that's a great spot. It's very safe, plenty of visibility and lots of space to get things wrong, but most importantly no thru traffic so in the evenings and on Sunday's hardly anyone is around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The herbert road carpark in Bray can be empty in evenings and is a good place to practice

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

All good spots, learnt to drive with my Dad around industrial estates.

But isn't this all moot because you have to get 10 official lessons now in order to apply for your license? Seems best to learn the basics from a professional - especially seeing as its essential to get lessons now. Not much use rushing in 10 lessons just before the test for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement