Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me make a massive life decision!?

Options
  • 31-05-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey guys I'm 21 and in a bit of a pickle. Will try to keep this short. Theres a postgrad in London that I really want to do and I got the letter of acceptance for the University a few days ago, I was over the moon but soon after the harsh reality of the course costing 8 grand and me barely being able to afford it never mind accomodation also sank in. A friend of mind who just graduated with me got offered a great job in Dubai with excellent pay and her flights and living expenses paid for. I don't know what to do, pursue my dream in London or pursue getting a job in Dubai for a year, saving up and doing the course in London the year after, that is if I even find a job in Dubai?? I don't know what to do, at the moment I'm in a job I hate in a fast food place making minimum wage and I want to get out of it ASAP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

nrsire wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm 21 and in a bit of a pickle. Will try to keep this short. Theres a postgrad in London that I really want to do and I got the letter of acceptance for the University a few days ago, I was over the moon but soon after the harsh reality of the course costing 8 grand and me barely being able to afford it never mind accomodation also sank in. A friend of mind who just graduated with me got offered a great job in Dubai with excellent pay and her flights and living expenses paid for. I don't know what to do, pursue my dream in London or pursue getting a job in Dubai for a year, saving up and doing the course in London the year after, that is if I even find a job in Dubai?? I don't know what to do, at the moment I'm in a job I hate in a fast food place making minimum wage and I want to get out of it ASAP.

Interesting story although if you really want help with this then it's all down to you. Think about what you want and not what others might think. Both of the options you have are nice, but if it was me I'd pick Dubai. Dubai is a lifetime experience as is education but in these times education may or may not help you as much as money will.
    That's just my opinion, if i was to tell you what to do I'd say go to Dubai! All expenses paid sounds excellent. You'll meet loads of people too. However it's down to what you want.
    Throw on some headphones, listen to a few songs and think! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

The good this is that you're only 21. You are lucky to be facing such a choice, although from your position there is nothing as bad. You're still young enough at 22 to do your postgrad, and after working for a year it'll round your character a bit and I think you'll appreciate the post grad better.

What ever choice you make, don't regret it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Go to Dubai, great life experience and you can go to college next year if you want, its only a year and you are only 21.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Realistically speaking a postgrad in London will cost a *lot* to get through, particularly if you intend to maximise the opportunity by not having to work much to support yourself. If I was in your position I'd apply for the jobs in Dubai and if you get made a good offer take it. There's no point in worrying about the dilemma when you haven't even put yourself in the situation to choose yet.

Advertisement