Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

stevenmu wrote: »
    Congrats, if you thought you were hooked on vaping before, wait until you start building you're own coils :)

Prepare for frustration like you've never experienced before followed by exhilaration when a coil works perfectly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

Hav'nt even got mine yet and im after trying to make a nice coil setup atleast 6 times now :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you buy a syringe and needle from one of the ecig websites you can use the needle (so long as it's a sharp one, they're thinner) as a splint to wind your coils around
    makes it much easier

Its a good thing i have both of those thing's good idea thanks!

Hey i was just looking at Charliej ngp genesis and could i use a simmiliar set up with the phoenix if i added a motherboard tray screw . its the third image im focusing on http://vapefestireland.weebly.com/rebuildables-workshop.html.

and motherboard screw. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rparmar/4328780622/

• Advertisement

But he only uses 3 coil's for a LR for his ego i dont think i could fit as many coils for 3.ohms and keep them even in that amount of space or does that matter?

well you dont have to go for 3 ohms....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

But he only uses 3 coil's for a LR for his ego i dont think i could fit as many coils for 3.ohms and keep them even in that amount of space or does that matter?

If you're using .20 nichrome it'll take maybe 7 turns to make a 3ohm coil.

.15 and you're talking maybe 4 turns? That should be around the 2.8-3.0ohm mark.

Not sure how much thicker the .20 is (relative to coil-spacing), but I managed to create a 7-turn, 4.8ohm monstrosity with the .15 earlier on. Unwound 2 turns, snipped, now at 3.6... Mmmmmm, Cigarilllllosssssss...

And what the hell was up with the coil it came with? No space between coils, ultra-tight. Revolting.
    I knew from looking at it that I shouldn't waste the juice, but I still... I still did it... Just in case the factory coil-monkey knew something I didn't.

yeah i was wondering about everyone saying how great the coils that came with it were... it was a mess
    maybe if you hit it at a very low voltage and took a very long slow drag.. but that's effort

• Advertisement

Might try out a single coil and wick set up first or is two better ? seen a fella with two and one ss mesh and there was alot of vapor.

Might try out a single coil and wick set up first or is two better ? seen a fella with two and one ss mesh and there was alot of vapor.

Single coil's still gonna be a good vape, only do the dual coils if you have the battery to spare and you know you won't be left crying if your ecig dies.

But then again, there is a lot of vapour...

Threading two coils into the Phoenix's posts... Not the bomb.

Bear in mind that if you're using two coils, they'll have to be 4ohms each minimum to squeeze under the LT's 3 amp limit (has anyone actually made a 4 amp version yet?), which'd be something like 9 turns of .20 nichrome... Twice.

Not sure where the space for that would come from, unless you're building vertically.

it's only 6 turns or so of .15 though, and it'd be even less of .13

i've looked at the phoenix and i dont know if i'll bother trying a dual coil setup.. I can see it being a massive pain in the ass to get the coils situation with the posts/screws

maybe if someone has one at vapefest I'll have a peek and get some tips but otherwise... nah

Lol stuck with one battery know and i was just trying to check the ohms of a single coil...
    It actually destroyed my Lt cant even see led any more...

Is my lavatube dead...? so il explain what happened.Last night it was working flawlessly with a kir fanis fotia tank aswell. So when i got my package this morning i opened it of course took out the phoenix put it on my LT and placed about 8 drop's of peach pipesauce and it didnt fire at all. So i tried the kir fanis tank and it seemed fine.. So i changed the wick and coil with some .15 nichchrome and 2mm wick put about 6 coils's and started to press the button and nothing happened then i noticed the lavatube l.e.d screen start fill up with black. So i quickly pulled out the battery and there was just a horrible smell battery looked fine...Changed battery and same thing happened now it has seemed to stop but it's saying the phoenix is at .03 ohm's and a brand new 3.ohm carto is at 5.6 and it's not firing no more.The black l.e.d bit starts to clear after awhile.

Did you fire it before checking the resistance?
    If so, I'd say it shorted and the LT's protection kind of worked, but is now scuppered.
    At least the battery didn't explode.

Did you make sure the positive and negative sides of the wire weren't making contact?
    Maybe the legs were left too long and they were touching off the chamber...?

grindle wrote: »
    Did you fire it before checking the resistance?
    If so, I'd say it shorted and the LT's protection kind of worked, but is now scuppered.
    At least the battery didn't explode.

Did you make sure the positive and negative sides of the wire weren't making contact?
    Maybe the legs were left too long and they were touching off the chamber...?

I cant remember i was too excited...:( none of the wire's were making contact for sure.What are the leg's ? The actual post's inside the attomiser? Batteries obviously dead too so.

I cant remember i was too excited...:( none of the wire's were making contact for sure.What are the leg's ? The actual post's inside the attomiser? Batteries obviously dead too so.

The legs are the straight lengths of the coil that you put into the RDA's posts.
    I'd say your battery's fine, the LT took the shock and broke the connection.
    Be wary the first time you use it after this, but if it's a protected AW and something is wrong, the battery's protection'll kick in and stop any explosion.
    Is it definitely the LT that the smell came from, not the battery? From what I've read, if it was the battery it'd have to've been red-hot and bulging in order to burst and release it's odour.

Thanks that helps alot i might aswell pick up a new lt case then and wait for vapefest to start making my own coils.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Anyone any idea how to clean the clockworks RTA (his site is offline at the moment)? Can you/should you open the tank?
    Cheers

• Advertisement

if you ask over on ukvapers.org someone should be able to help you chacal.

from hat I remember I think you just squirt some warm water in there and give it a gentle shake but im sure there's loads of rta users over there that would know the details

got my bulli a2 today
    did up a coil with some .20 nichrome. liking it a lot so far. flavour is a little.. inconsistent at times. I get the occasional vape of my orange de sangre that's the best i've had with the juice.. the rest are just.. very good :) im not sure what the difference between vapes is but i've only had the bulli 1 hour so still lots to learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

How does the Phoenix compare to the RDA? I'd say it holds a fair bit of juice as well but more fiddly?

it's actually not terribly fiddle if you leave huuuuge daddy long legs style legs on the end of he coil

that way you can bend the **** out of the wire tryuing to get it into the posts and not **** the coil up too much

when you're putting the legs through the posts.. you will **** the coil up a bit.. i dont know how much that affects the vape, it seemed to work fine even with some ****ed up looking coils.

it doesnt hold nearly as much as the rda.. i was refilling it very often.. got like.. 4-5 drops in at a time. if I pulled on the coil real hard once i'd screwed it in I could raise it up a bit and fit more juice into the well without having the coil sitting in it.. but even then.. 8-9 drops.
    there's less room for air to mill around so the vape was a bit warmer even at lower watts. it's a handy little repairable but it's not great at anything really. it's something to have in case anything breaks or if you dont want to take your expensive repairable out to the pub but hate cartos/clearos.. couldnt see it replacing a "proper" atty in anyones arsenal though.

that said I will be getting another one. maybe vape normally on my bulli and then if I want to have a different flavour on standby just throw it in the phoenix.

Broke my fecking RDA last night. It jammed on the thread of the battery and I had to really force it to get it unstuck. The blasted delrin base twisted though so I must have broken some connections in there or something...................idiot..............

Bought the Bulli A2 and I hope I can get that working. The eGo replaceable was a disaster for me but I hope the genuine thing works better. Haven't had a chance to look at the video yet but how does the wick/coil get fed the juice through the spike? A separate piece of wick or something? Shoudl probably just look at the video.............

Not sure if I'll get the RDA fixed cos it would nearly cost me as much as a new one anyway............

ah it depends, the rda might cost a tenner or 20 sterling to fix

from the sounds of it it should cost a tenner.. I had similar thing happen to mine and all he had to do was open the base up and put a new wire in. it's only if he has to replace the base that he charges 20.
    plus if you bought it from him new, im prety sure the first repair is free. pm him and ask

did you ge the a2-classic or the a2-t ?

the a2-t has a little mesh spike like you'd get in an ego-c or imist or something

the a2-classic just has the coil and wick. you can drip into it using a special drip tip adapter for 510 drip tips (which you have to order seperately) or you use the cartridges supplied. supposedly the carts are actually pretty good

http://www.vapor-age.com/701-mouth-piece-to-510901-drip-tip-adapter-_p_51.html

I got the A2 T..............there is mesh supplied alright. I assume that lasts for a long time?

yeah, mesh wicks can be used and reused for ages

i've seen video reviews of the a2-t and it gets great reviews. one thing someone said in one of them was that the mesh wick supplied comes with a bit of fibreglass running through the middle of it. if you run into wicking issues, try pulling that fibreglass out and relying on the mesh only... if I remember right he was having issues with higher VG juices

Great!

Looking forward to something that I can get RDA performance from with a tank. 44 Euro is actually pretty good!

Just got notice that it's shipped!!

... ****, that fast? did you order it this morning?

damnit.. wish i'd ordered one earlier int he week, would definitely have had it for vapefest

i guess I could walk into town and put money on my o2 card... ****ing 5km walk though

• Advertisement

Placed the order this morning....shipped about 2 hours later!

Advertisement