Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

certainly sounds great although i doubt it will replace the bulli in my heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

There are 2 pieces of kit that I will NEVER dump or get rid of. The Bulli and RDA. I see new vapers on here all the time buying aga this and that but I think they're missing out. They are going from cartos or ego-t to genesis and I genuinely think they should look at the Bulli or RDA first.

So much easier to set up and get a taste for a good vape without all the heartache of oxidising, hotspots, blown coils, filling with syringes.....

yeah genesis evangelists are pretty fundamentalist at times. decent silica wick and a good coil is just as good, doesn't use up your tank of juice in 5 minutes and is effortless to set up in comparison

but genesis are the next best thing right now, it'll probably die down some time later in the year and people will rediscover silica atties.

killer is shipping from e-smoke next week. still humming and hawing over it.. but probably deciding against it right now. if for nothing else than i've been dripping for so long I just dont know if I could happily vape a tank full of liquid without getting sick of it. spiral with it's 15 drops is a happy compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

The spiral is childs play compared to the poxy genesis.

Popped it back on there for a vape after another failed hour with the Aga-t, simply marvellous.

ALL HAIL THE DRIPPER!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...I just dont know if I could happily vape a tank full of liquid without getting sick of it.

Fill tank with favourite juice---> Close juice control ---> Drip.

• Advertisement

shut up grindle

Buy a Killer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The Spiral sounds very interesting. No matter what I try I just keep going back to my RDAs, having one set up for tobacco flavours and one set up for menthol is pure vaping heaven. The only problem with them is that they're just not pocket-able at all, even if they seem empty and I'm super careful about where the air-hole is, they still always dump a ton of juice all over my pockets.

If the spiral turns out to be better in that regard, and as good as an RDA every other way it'll be a real winner.

1345562260468.jpg

have you tried the bulli a2 classic steven?

actually grindle, can the killer be used without a tank? if i get it, i wont be able to get a decent tank for a week or two and i dont want to splurge a tenner on an intermediate tank when I could just put that tenner towards getting a nice kir fanis one later on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Got my Spiral today. It's v nice looking. Not sure how to use it though. It' s come pre-coiled so that's ok. I don't really understand how the air gets into it tho and I'm getting a gurgling on my initial draw which disappears until I leave it down for a bit and then take a draw again.
    Also it seems to drink liquid. is this normal?

actually grindle, can the killer be used without a tank?

Don't know how I didn't see this, sorry.
    You've probably found out by now, but "Yes" is the answer.

WHERETHEFUCKISIT?
    Got my Spiral today. It's v nice looking. Not sure how to use it though. It' s come pre-coiled so that's ok. I don't really understand how the air gets into it tho and I'm getting a gurgling on my initial draw which disappears until I leave it down for a bit and then take a draw again.
    Also it seems to drink liquid. is this normal?

The air comes through the bottom, hits the coil through the ceramic hole.
    The gurgling means the wick is soaked. Possibly too soaked. When dripping, drip against the wall of the device so it lands in the well - if you drip straight down onto the coil then drips will reach the airhole and cause much gurglism.
    The drinking liquid (presuming it's not being dripped into the airhole and coming out the the 510 connector) is just the sign of an efficient coil with great airflow. Very little vapour being turned to condensation with a bottom airhole, unlike any atty that has a side airhole.

Okay, I've had the spiral for 5 days and its performed well in fairness. Went to rebuild it and its a pain in the ass using your own wick and wire.......ended up using a pliars to get the cup out. Really tight. Building the coil was not too bad but the legs need to be really long and the wire used in total need to be really long hence really high resistance. You'd really need nr wire......and I'm not bothered getting that.

I'm back on the Bulli again......not really even sure if I'll get the replacement heads at 12 euro per pack to be honest but I suppose after spending 50 odd euro on it I'll give them a go if they ever come into stock...

If you've got a Bulli or Clockworks RDA don't bother getting the spiral.

want to trade your spiral for a clockwords rda and a tenner? :)

Okay, I've had the spiral for 5 days and its performed well in fairness. Went to rebuild it and its a pain in the ass using your own wick and wire.......ended up using a pliars to get the cup out. Really tight. Building the coil was not too bad but the legs need to be really long and the wire used in total need to be really long hence really high resistance. You'd really need nr wire......and I'm not bothered getting that.

I'm back on the Bulli again......not really even sure if I'll get the replacement heads at 12 euro per pack to be honest but I suppose after spending 50 odd euro on it I'll give them a go if they ever come into stock...

If you've got a Bulli or Clockworks RDA don't bother getting the spiral.

yea, the cup can be tight alright, but better that way than loose. My coils usually come out at around 2.0/2.2Ω using 2.0 kanthal.

Do you twist the legs? One piece of 2mm?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

have you tried the bulli a2 classic steven?
    I haven't yet, I've almost gone for them on the For Sale thread a few times but they get snapped up quick. I'll probably make a more determined effort at some point.

Yea - the Bulli are great. The only thing is the capacity is small.

On another note, I built a new wick and coil for the spiral this morning. Used 1 x strand of 2mm wick and 4 turns of 0.2 kanthal. This one is working quite well even with the long legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Lucutus wrote: »
    yea, the cup can be tight alright, but better that way than loose. My coils usually come out at around 2.0/2.2Ω using 2.0 kanthal.

Think the cup on mine is too loose and hence the gurgling on draw. Are the cups screw in of push in? (I haven't rebuilt yet!!)

Think the cup on mine is too loose and hence the gurgling on draw. Are the cups screw in of push in? (I haven't rebuilt yet!!)

Push in. Mine is coming in and out a bit better after that first time - that was wicked tight.

• Advertisement

Do you twist the legs? One piece of 2mm?

No, don't twist them, one piece of 2mm wick, looped around the bottom of the cup on one side.

If the cup is loose, you can push it in tighter, although, I imagine each cup is very slightly different due to the fact they're ceramic, don't imagine they are made nanometre perfect!

They're push in alright, but to get your wick rotated around the base in a little circle, a kind of twisting motion as you puch the cup into place is needed. I posted a vid a while back in another thread that shows a handy way of pushing them in, works every time, try and dig it out.

Yeah, I used 1 strand if 2mm and its working well. I didn't loop one side though - I just placed it back in and used the wick on both sides of the cup.

Actually, it was on this very thread...
    Me wrote:
    Here's the original one I saw, putting in the ceramic cup into the base is very easy using this way to get the wick wrapped around inside:

He says that's 2mm wick but 2 strands of 2mm is quite thick. Also, he wraps the loop around the bottom shaft of the cup.

Do you use 2mm and loop it under the base of the cup or loop it back under the upper part of the cup? If I leave it under the lower part the cup, the cup doesn't push right down? Maybe it's not meant to?

Ribbony ribbony Kanthal!
    wNBlMUq.jpg
    Really nice vape, very easy to set up (so easy to see where the legs are going compared to .15 Kanthal)
    Usually have hot legs behind the wicks that need a quick rejig in the RDA because both coils are pushing eachother from the posts, but no such trouble here.
    Flavour's perfect & vapour production seems the same, but I've got two airholes facing towards them so the vapour was always gonna be good.

Better than this fecking spiral dripper anyway. I've tried every set up I can imagine whether following the video or not. Just doesnt cut it for me I'm afraid.

Of course my Bulli and RDA need new coils so I'm resorting to my Boge cartos in a KF tank until I can rebuild them.

Think Ill move the spiral dripper on......if e-smokeireland had spare coils in I might give them one chance but I'm so annoyed with it that I don't know if I'll even give it that chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Think Ill move the spiral dripper on

Price?? :D

He heh heh......

Going to give it a go this evening using 1mm wick from Andrei and see how that goes first. If that's rubbish I'll probably move it on alright.

For me it's a kind of hybrid of the Bulli and RDA but not as easy to rebuild as either of them and not quite as good a vape as either of them.

Maybe I should go the other way and get Bulli or RDA and see how it compares for me? :)

just made a new coil there for the spiral with the 2mm wick, 4 turns of .20 wire and it's vaping great.

• Advertisement

Heh heh....I actually think that's the thing. The Bulli is a great vape when you get it right. Kinda hard to beat for me....

Advertisement