Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairable Dripping Atomiser (RDA)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nah not really

it's mainly battery life im thinking about

i wanted to get a 2.2-2.4ohm coil so I could vape it somewhere around 4.5-4.8v on the twist
    it'd be the same as a 1.4ohm .20 coil in terms of watts, but it'd draw far less current so i'd have to charge my batteries a lot less.

but i've been vaping on one twist all day and it hasnt died yet so honestly it might not be as much of an issue as I thought it would be. If one charged battery lasts all day then I can't really ask more of it. I might just have to bite the bullet and use 1.4ohm coils in the future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I found that when I moved from DCC's to the RDA. Even with a 1000mAh battery on the DCC, I struggled to get a really full day out of it and even shorter for the 650mAh.

The 650mAh Twist lasts me all day and sometimes into the next day. The DCC's are an animal on batteries.

yeah.. i think dual coils eat the **** out of batteries even withyout takingf into the account the low res of them

not sure if that's entirely true but im pretty sure I read that somewhere

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've noticed I'm going through a lot less juice with the RDA, it seems to give a much stronger nic hit for the same strength juice. I guess that would translate to less battery usage too.

In terms of setup I have been using 4GF wicks too, I put the coil right on one end and cut the loop on the other end, so I end up with 4 stringy bits if that makes sense.

Lately I've been using 0.16 kanthal, about 5 turns to get about 2.3-2.5 ohms. The other wire I have is 0.20 nichrome and that's much lower res so I use 7 to 9 turns to try and get it up to about 2.0 ohms. I'll have to get some higher res nichrome to try that out.

Do you find that the coil seems to gunk up quicker on the RDA than other yokes? I have to wash and dry burn after about 3 days as the taste goes off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Well I got the VaporHut RTA today.
    Lads, no one said how heavy these things are! or is it just my one?
    Good piece of kit for less than 20 quid, could have done with some wick and wire included but at least it came with a coil installed.
    This is a tank system,uses the ego type A tank with the soft silicone caps. Fill tank, push down on spike, wait, wait, vape.
    Dry, wait and wait some more. 15 min later vape and...dry. :(
    Dismantle the thing, (despite warnings) add juice to wick and reassemble. Vape :D
    Really good flavor, poor vapor, good TH.
    Seems to be higher res than I'm used to so I try it on the twist and adjust the volts.
    Better but going dry, these tanks wick like an old rope.
    Gona get some SS mesh, wire and wick and mess with it.
    Would be a good driping atty, if your considering one I'd say go for the dripper. VaporHut have a choice of both.
    Or get an eGo type A drip tip and fiddle with getting juice into the spike or remove the spike thing, you'l need the bridging piece as thats where the air hole is.
    Still not a bad deal and if I get it working it'll be a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

Did you try putting a wick in the spike? Saw a few comments on UKV that putting an Imist or a mesh wick into the spike dramatically improves the liquid feed.

Surely it needs a wick to get to the coil? If you didn't use a wick I doubt much would reach the coil as those tanks are pretty airtight/airlocked.

It came with the coil and wick set up, I think the airtightness of the tanks is the trouble.
    Sending for some wire and mesh and wick so I can play with it a bit.
    Yes I put the wick back after taking it apart, easier than I thought it would be, used thin wire to make a sort of crochet hook and pulled it through no bother.
    TBH the wick is the weak link in the chain of all atties and cartos, they gunk up or get burned, I'v never had a carto die as such, they just become bad to use cos the wick gets sh1ty.
    Yeah mesh wick might be the way to go holes instead of string.

Sorry bout the talkitiveness btw, it's the fault of this;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYncMk1zzp8

I saw some posts over on UK Vapers about the eGo rebuildable. Getting very good reviews in fairness. It looks like one side of the wick should be fed up through the spike.

• Advertisement

Got my eGo rebuildable today and it's a well built bit of kit alright but of course I did the same thing as everybody else and opened up the atty part. Fecking wick come out and now I have to rebuild it - without even using the damn thing.

It's a real pig to get the wick back up through the spike alright. Wonder if I just made the coil as usual and put a bit of wick down to feed that?

spike?

is this the same one that was linked by mrplop on that polish site? the phoenix rda or whatever?

Its like this one;
    vh-rebuild-300x300.jpg

A tank system with a rebuildable coil.
    You shove an ego type A tank down where the driptip goes.
    Recomended to replace the wick in the spike with mesh.
    I'v ordered some mesh and will let ye know how it works when and if I get it. (ordered from a Romanian site, 7 euro for 2m wick, 2m wire and 10 cm x10 cm mesh.)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Got my eGo rebuildable today and it's a well built bit of kit alright but of course I did the same thing as everybody else and opened up the atty part. Fecking wick come out and now I have to rebuild it - without even using the damn thing.

It's a real pig to get the wick back up through the spike alright. Wonder if I just made the coil as usual and put a bit of wick down to feed that?

I got mine too and did the same thing lol. All I did was wet the wick though and I managed to get it back up through the spike no problem. I haven't used it yet will give it a try out later.

I put in the new wick and coil. I added a couple of pieces of wick through the spike to feed it. Seems to be okay but not a patch on the Clockworks RDA.

Bit of a rush job assembling it though so I'll have another go later.

Okay, using the different wick didn't work great at all so I made up a one piece wick using 1 piece of wick with 4 strands of 1mm wick at the end and 2 long ends. In other words folded it into 4 at one end and left 2 long ends.

Made the coil and attached it and wet the ends with juice and shoved them through the spike. I cut the ends down to the end of the spike and it's working great now. Loads of vapour and good flavour too - little bit muted compared to the RDA but I think that's just the plastic cartridge.

could you stick a bit of mesh in the spike? or does it all have to be one unit of wick?

I guess if you had trouble with the seperate piece of silica, maybe it wouldn't work

It's actually working great with the one unit. Massive vapour actually. The thing that I need to look at now is whether 2 strands of wick is enough to 'block' the spike so it doesn't leak through.

You could do worse for 14 euro Sir Digby. If it works 90% as good as the RDA but with a tank, that would be great.

does it come with any of the ego tanks?

i might nip into town later on, put some money on the card and order one. if I get it thursday and get it working well enough.. could be the perfect job for this wedding malarky i'm being forced to go to

is it the one on bargainvapour?

I'm using it away now with the setup it came with and so far so good, flavour is good and not too bad vapour production, though Im only using it on an ego battery to break it in.

I'll throw it on the provari later and crank it up a bit, I tested resistance and it came setup at 2.6ohms so it should be better around 4volts or so.

• Advertisement

does it come with any of the ego tanks?

i might nip into town later on, put some money on the card and order one. if I get it thursday and get it working well enough.. could be the perfect job for this wedding malarky i'm being forced to go to

is it the one on bargainvapour?

Yes its the Bargainvapour one and it came with one tank though it didn't have the rubber tank cap but luckily I had a few lying around.

oh yeah, do those rubber tank caps actually work to stop leaking?

dont see them on bargain vapour.. but i guess i wouldnt be using it often enough to worry about it leaking much

just about too late now to order one anyway erven if I could get a lift into town so I'll do it tonight/tomorrow..,.hopefully an post doesnt screw me and I get it thursday so I've time to fiddle with it before friday

if it does the job it sounds pretty great tbh, could even pick up a small 350mah battery for it for added pocket friendliness

Here's a couple of pics looks good on the ego too imo.

ZFWisl.jpg
    50xG0l.jpg
    cVZ5kl.jpg

oh yeah, do those rubber tank caps actually work to stop leaking?

dont see them on bargain vapour.. but i guess i wouldnt be using it often enough to worry about it leaking much

just about too late now to order one anyway erven if I could get a lift into town so I'll do it tonight/tomorrow..,.hopefully an post doesnt screw me and I get it thursday so I've time to fiddle with it before friday

if it does the job it sounds pretty great tbh, could even pick up a small 350mah battery for it for added pocket friendliness

When I used the rubber caps before with the original ego disposable atomisers I used to get leaks still but they are working fine with this rebuildable atty so far anyway and there's a rubber seal in between the atty and tank section as well

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

Just got mine too. Pleasantly surprised - nice smooth cloudy vape straight out of the packet.

Sir Digby - the imist tanks work very nicely on them if you were going to pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Its like this one;
    vh-rebuild-300x300.jpg

A tank system with a rebuildable coil.
    You shove an ego type A tank down where the driptip goes.
    Recomended to replace the wick in the spike with mesh.
    I'v ordered some mesh and will let ye know how it works when and if I get it. (ordered from a Romanian site, 7 euro for 2m wick, 2m wire and 10 cm x10 cm mesh.)

Looks to be a similar set-up to the Bulli A2-TM. I tried mesh in the spike but the throat hit nearly blew the head off me...really intense. Instead I use some wick wrapped in mesh which does the trick for me. You must oxodise the mesh well otherwise it will short out the battery everytime it touches the coil.

The spike pops out actually. Put the collar on, put the wick through the spike, push the spike back into place and trim the wick.

It's a bit too........faffy though.

well its not like you'll have to do it very often

and at 12 euro a pop you can buy four of them and rotate them week by week :)

then once a month change all 4 in one go and bobs yer uncle

I know what you're saying but it just doesn't match up to Clockworks RDA though. It kind of performs like the rest of the eGo tank systems except its rebuildable.

It would probably seem great if you weren't used to the RDA but I can't get it right and it's much easier to throw a new setup into the RDA.

I've parked it already but might have another go tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I know what you're saying but it just doesn't match up to Clockworks RDA though. It kind of performs like the rest of the eGo tank systems except its rebuildable.

It would probably seem great if you weren't used to the RDA but I can't get it right and it's much easier to throw a new setup into the RDA.

I've parked it already but might have another go tomorrow.

ah right

one of those "handy to have around" things rather than a must-have then

still, handy to have around :)

Advertisement