Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is maternity pay means tested

• 31-05-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭

hi just wondering will my wifes, maternity pay be means tested against my farm assist, she will be on maternity soon, but wont get topped up by her employer , so should get 260, when i claim for farm assist will this be means tested??? we will be down a few hundred so will need a top up,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I know her maternity benefit wont be means tested as long as she qualifys for it. The max with out dependants is €260 as you know. I dont know anything about farm assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

If you are currently assessed with means from your wife's earnings on your Farm Assist, when she starts her maternity leave, and is no longer getting paid, get a letter from her employer to state this.
    Bring this letter to your social welfare office and ask them to reassess your means due to this change in your circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

cee_jay wrote: »
    If you are currently assessed with means from your wife's earnings on your Farm Assist, when she starts her maternity leave, and is no longer getting paid, get a letter from her employer to state this.
    Bring this letter to your social welfare office and ask them to reassess your means due to this change in your circumstances.

iv not been in it for 3 yrs and only got a small amount because of my wifes wages and no children, so from your answer her 260 will be classed basically the same as say a part time job , it will be a half of her wages and also with the child hopefully we will get something , it will all be needed , thanks for your reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Maternity Benefit won't be used as means against your farm assist claim. The only means will be the means assessed from your farm activites - REPS and the likes.
    When your baby is born, then bring the birth certificate to the office and they can then add your child and increase your rate again.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

cee_jay wrote: »
    Maternity Benefit won't be used as means against your farm assist claim. The only means will be the means assessed from your farm activites - REPS and the likes.
    When your baby is born, then bring the birth certificate to the office and they can then add your child and increase your rate again.
    Best of luck.

thanks a million, much appreciated, i think im best to start the process once iv 2011 tax returns done , in june, all the best, thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement