Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert Business predictions

Options
  • 31-05-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Well lads, one week till it starts, what are the predictions for business 2012? Going from my mocks etc. I'm thinking TQM looks likely, contract law and data protection act.

Difficult exam to predict I know, any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭clairey__Ox

I've a funny feeling we'll get a busines plan in the ABQ!
    And possible categories of industry or consumer info act somewhere in it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

I've a funny feeling we'll get a busines plan in the ABQ!
    And possible categories of industry or consumer info act somewhere in it too!

Business plan would be soo nice, you can just make most of it up! :D Have to agree, also they love asking comparing the transition from sole trader to private ltd, think that's worth studying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Also I think comparing debt and equity capital could come up somewhere, maybe ABQ. Anyone think the ratios will come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Also I think comparing debt and equity capital could come up somewhere, maybe ABQ. Anyone think the ratios will come up?
    I'm hoping ratios come up my best question by far :D I'd nearly bet TQM comes up as well :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Business plan would be soo nice, you can just make most of it up! :D Have to agree, also they love asking comparing the transition from sole trader to private ltd, think that's worth studying too.

They take so long to do though...........

Would rather get a business plan for 40 marks and benefits for 20 marks on long questions

That would be a dream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 PTheArtist

Hate TQM but I'd say it's gonna show up somewhere! Dont like the Change chapter at all :P

A business plan, and a question involving the marketing mix would make a great ABQ.

Hate TQM but I'd say it's gonna show up somewhere! Dont like the Change chapter at all :P

A business plan, and a question involving the marketing mix would make a great ABQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

The consumer protection act is almost guaranteed to appear somewhere on the paper !!
    Can i ask have people decided what qsts they are doing or just seeing how it goes on the day ?? I decided a few months ago to do qsts 2 3 5 6 7 so I left out the first 3 units and just really am glancing over them for the short qsts

Questions 1, 6, 7 and it's between 2 and 5 for the fourth question, depends what questions they have. Didn't do Unit 7 fully, only answering it for the short questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

ratios, business plan, the EU, expect a long q on management activities in some shape or form

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Insurance lads.

I'd love a bitta contract law as well

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

The reasons, other than profit, as to why a business maybe expanded

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

reznov wrote: »
    They could want to expand as a challenge or to diverse into another market or simply for profit there some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Thanks for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

reznov wrote: »
    Easiest acronym ever to remember this for me:

Synergy
    Psychological reasons
    Economies of Scale
    Diversitification

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Damogib

Consumer Protection Act 2007 (new to syllabus for 2012)
    National Consumer agency (new aswell)
    law of contract
    the three employer/employee laws

Management skills- communications

HRM
    calculating tax ( USC new to syllabus)
    insurance
    ratios

Business plan
    marketing mix
    sources of finace (long,medium,short)
    expansion

econmic factor(inflation, taxation, economic growth, unemployment, interest rates)
    privatisation
    social/environmental responsibilities

global marketing mix
    characteristics of a global caompany
    eu institutions

Hoping either the new Consumer Protection Act 2007 or National Consumer Agency comes up for the legislation question, but if Sale Of Goods and Supply Of Services Act comes up instead, I'm not complaining! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

do we need to know about the director of consumer affairs or just the national consumer agence i know they're pretty similar

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

aarond280 wrote: »
    do we need to know about the director of consumer affairs or just the national consumer agence i know they're pretty similar

just the national consumer agency, the national consumer agency used to be known as the director of consumer affairs but changed in 2007 as far as i know, if they ask anything about the director though just say it's the person in charge and use the info you have for the national consumer agency :D

is anyone else leaving out one of the units? i'm thinking of leaving out unit 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

I only did EU in unit 7 because it can be asked in the short questions like the institutions:pac:

imelle wrote: »
    is anyone else leaving out one of the units? i'm thinking of leaving out unit 7.

Yep, I'm leaving out Unit 7, just taking out random stuff from it for short questions like Balance of Trade/Payements and EU Institutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

No one predicting Break even or a tax question? ANYONE!? :eek:

SeanMadd wrote: »

i think if break even comes up it'll be a short q because it was a long q last year, but who knows might be up twice in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

SeanMadd wrote: »

A betting man would put money on a tax question, new USC and hasn't been on in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Buisness is by far the most boring ****in subject in the world.... i dont know how anyone can learn all the stuff off.... i dont know how it can interest anyone.... for the record i do economics and plan to study mathematical finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

I've started to study business by comparing topics to certain things...eg TQM is now wanting to be a Pokémon Master. Makes it faaaar easier :P

Apart from that, consumer protection act 2007 and the different EU institutions are very likely according to my teacher. He also reckons that ratios will come up as a long question...which would be lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

I've started to study business by comparing topics to certain things...eg TQM is now wanting to be a Pokémon Master. Makes it faaaar easier :P

Apart from that, consumer protection act 2007 and the different EU institutions are very likely according to my teacher. He also reckons that ratios will come up as a long question...which would be lovely!

Explain?! :eek: Oh my god I should have related all my subjects to pokemon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gaahurling

ordinary level business.... last couple of years 33% take this level

What units to come up?

Anyone any idea what's due to come up?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 motorola1337

well....i will study ratios for sure...tax calculations too...b/e wont bother with since it will be up a short question,if it comes up at all....TQM will be up for sure....i would study business plans really well and would know alot about PLC's LTD's, franchises and so on....also memorandum of accosciation, layouts for memos and processes in order of the AGM <-- i think its very improtant to know this for the short questions....debt to equity is likely to be on in my opinion....the stages in making a product will be up too

Btw, our teacher showed us this to remember the product making stages

I - Idea generation
    Pray- product screening
    Constantly - Concept develpoment
    For - Feasibility study
    People - Prototype development
    To - Test marketing
    Live - Launch

Found it very usefull, so thought i might share ;D

Advertisement