Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line

• 31-05-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I live in an apartment and don't have a phone line set up but want to get UPC broadband. What do I do? do I just call UPC and will they set a phone line up for me or do I have to do something else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

UPC don't use phone lines, they use TV cable. If you have already have a connection to the UPC cable they can provide broadband otherwise wiring would be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rndm

Ah crap just figured out I can't use it in my area. Are there any other ISPs that do broadband without a phone line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Broadband proper isn't really possible without a cable. If you have a phone line then reinstate it, otherwise try the midband sub-forum for wireless type approaches.

Advertisement