Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks in relation to leaving cert ?

• 31-05-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Do people think that the mock questions are a good indication to what could come up in the leaving cert ?

For example in English - deception and the relationship with women came up on mine so does that mean there's a good chance it could come up again ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not at all. The mock companies and their setters are nothing to do with the people who set for the SEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tuubbeess

But does it not give a good indication of what's likely to come up ? It might not be the exact same but like even poets , they could still come up again but different questions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I think they try set them relative to what's expected to come up but nobody knows what's coming up so their predictions are about as valid as mine or yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Mocks consist of exam paper questions reworded and rearranged. They're In no way prophetic, nor should they be relied on for exam preparation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Absolutely no link between the two whatsoever. The mock papers I did last year (Both for the actual mock and for practice) had nothing to do with the real exam. My English mock last year only had 1 of the 4 poets that were actually on the paper. The types of question were completely different as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

They try and predict what's likely to come up e.g my cousin did her LC last year and she said that the 4 poets in her LC were the same 4 from her mock! I also remember my JC History mock being VERY similar to the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tuubbeess

Geo10 wrote: »
    They try and predict what's likely to come up e.g my cousin did her LC last year and she said that the 4 poets in her LC were the same 4 from her mock! I also remember my JC History mock being VERY similar to the real thing.

I agree with you there anyway - fingers crossed :P

Advertisement