Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL English (Poetry)

• 31-05-2012 7:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hello Reader!, ;)
    Just made this thread especially for those who will be doing Ordinary Level English paper 2 on 07/06/2012, as we know poetry question's will be on paper 2 (Section III). Lets discuss the possible poems which might show up on paper 2 sec.III. In my opinion it will be DUFFY, Carol Ann and MURPHY, Richard

P.S. Any hints how to get maximum marks for answering poet questions?
    Lets say poem has alliteration - should you include that in the answer?

Don't be afraid just say your opinion and respond!
    Any response will be appreciated ;)
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

n0ak wrote: »
    Hello Reader!, ;)
    Just made this thread especially for those who will be doing Ordinary Level English paper 2 on 07/06/2012, as we know poetry question's will be on paper 2 (Section III). Lets discuss the possible poems which might show up on paper 2 sec.III. In my opinion it will be DUFFY, Carol Ann and MURPHY, Richard

P.S. Any hints how to get maximum marks for answering poet questions?
    Lets say poem has alliteration - should you include that in the answer?

Don't be afraid just say your opinion and respond!
    Any response will be appreciated ;)
    Thank you!

For top marks not only should you state it, you should also state what effect it has.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

For top marks not only should you state it, you should also state what effect it has.

Would you find it difficult to give an example. ? Please!
    Thanks thefasteriwalk ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

n0ak wrote: »
    Would you find it difficult to give an example. ? Please!
    Thanks thefasteriwalk ;)

Like if there's a lot of alliteration or very short lines you would identify it and say it has the effect of making it seem fast paced. It would probably be quick-paced for a reason, to reflect something in the content of the poem, like say if the speaker is experiencing a heart attack. Or it may be rushed for some reason. You would also respond to it emotionally, like you might a song. If you wanna throw me your e-mail I can send you an annotated example response.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

Like if there's a lot of alliteration or very short lines you would identify it and say it has the effect of making it seem fast paced. It would probably be quick-paced for a reason, to reflect something in the content of the poem, like say if the speaker is experiencing a heart attack. Or it may be rushed for some reason. You would also respond to it emotionally, like you might a song. If you wanna throw me your e-mail I can send you an annotated example response.

Your really helpful thanks again ;)

Advertisement