Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man's drinks...

Options
  • 31-05-2012 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭

Do you think the kind of drink you order reflects your masculinity?
    Tagged:

Comments

Yes. Noone ever takes my masculinity seriously when I order a piña colada

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Yes, that's why all my pints of Guinness come with a little pink umbrella on the side.

Being hard in front of the women an all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I drink water out of a plastic 40 gallon barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

WD40

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I drink my own blood, and t'is pure alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

I exclusively drink WKD Blue because it's the ultimate lads' drink... Oh the tomfoolery me and the chaps get up to out on Landann town sculling a few down, what with our practical jokes and gambits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭up for anything

My brother used to hate the taste of most drinks and in those days (late 70s, early 80s) wine in a pub was a hit and miss affair but he loved liquers. He used to get slagged about it and told it was a waste of money but he was sure enough of himself to put up with it. "6 pints of Smithwicks, 2 pints of Guinness, 2 Paddy's and a Creme de Menthe for the girlfriend" is typical of the comments. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Anyone who gives a crap one way or the other is probably showing more about their mindset than the person who orders something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Pint of vodka with a Guinness head barkeep!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Yes, most definitely.
    People are always basking in the glow of my chiseled chin and oozing biceps whenever they see me with my vodka and coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Its easy to make Bacardi Breezer etc. look manly. Just buy four of them and stagger round spilling them on people and having the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

buckfast jagermeister and coke - da black monday - smells like tar, looks like tar, tastes like tar and will put hair on your chest hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I mostly drink coffee, sometimes a cappucino or mocha.

Once, I had a delicious strawberry hot chocolate.

On the infrequent occasions I drink alcohol, I drink whiskey.

Please reassure me that this is socially acceptable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

My brother used to hate the taste of most drinks and in those days (late 70s, early 80s) wine in a pub was a hit and miss affair but he loved liquers. He used to get slagged about it and told it was a waste of money but he was sure enough of himself to put up with it. "6 pints of Smithwicks, 2 pints of Guinness, 2 Paddy's and a Creme de Menthe for the girlfriend" is typical of the comments. :D

Well I'd rather down 6 Creme de menthe than take a sip of smithwicks! Gick! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

What about cider? I've heard many people say that's a woman's drink, or its only for teenage boys. I do like the auld cider in the summer time though. Tis refreashing!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I find that drinking baby Guinness makes my hands look massive.
    Girls like big hands.

biko wrote: »

Like when you take a picture of your willy beside a snack size mars bar and a funsize can of coke?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

biko wrote: »
    Girls like big hands.

I find touching myself makes my hands seem massive :(.

Edit: Curses on you Whoopsadaisydoodles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

17 pints of Guinness being pissed against the wardrobe is just about right....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Babycham for me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    What about cider? I've heard many people say that's a woman's drink, or its only for teenage boys. I do like the auld cider in the summer time though. Tis refreashing!

Cider is the Devils piss vile drink.Captain Morgan and Paulner are the way forward.Also no man should ever be seen drinking Coors light

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

No. I drink gin & tonic. It seems to be mascara thinner for women though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭kirving

Vodka Martini.

Shaken, not Stirred.

Cider is the Devils piss vile drink.Captain Morgan and Paulner are the way forward.Also no man should ever be seen drinking Coors light

Yes well Budweiser is headache in a can, but you don't hear me complaining.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

The alpha male to end alpha males, Ernest Hemingway's drink of choice was the rather effeminate Daiquiri

If you're a real man it matters not a fuck what you drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

if i like it, i'll drink it.
    thats it

Rabies wrote: »
    if i like it, i'll drink it.
    thats it

I agree. Unfortunately a lot of people are of the opinion that if you're not necking pints of horrible tasting larger then you're not a real man.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

pimms in a pint glass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

babymanval wrote: »
    I exclusively drink WKD Blue because it's the ultimate lads' drink... Oh the tomfoolery me and the chaps get up to out on Landann town sculling a few down, what with our practical jokes and gambits.
    I've literally never seen a guy drinking WKD on a night out, ever,who are those ads even aimed at?

Advertisement