Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man's drinks...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I have a diet coke, it keeps me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Doesn't a pint seem like a lot when you think about it? I mean, you wouldn't drink 3 pints of orange juice back to back. You wouldn't drink 3 pints of water back to back. If you're drinking pints all night the sheer amount of pissing required is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Long Island Ice Teas and Lynchberg Lemonades are manly cocktails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Thirty four posts and no mention of a white russian? The dude.....The DUDE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

chin_grin wrote: »
    Thirty four posts and no mention of a white russian? The dude.....The DUDE!

They are pretty yummy alright :)

• Advertisement

Run some liver and onions through a blender and add some scotch. Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Doesn't a pint seem like a lot when you think about it? I mean, you wouldn't drink 3 pints of orange juice back to back. You wouldn't drink 3 pints of water back to back. If you're drinking pints all night the sheer amount of pissing required is terrible.

If you drank 3 pints of orange juice I dont think its pissing you should be worried about :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Like when you take a picture of your willy beside a snack size mars bar and a funsize can of coke?

Mental note: Must do this later and send to female friends who would appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Pint of lager with Gin & Tonic and Baileys chasers for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭deviladvocate

I've found that not enough people drink strawberry daiquiri's.. They're a real man's beverage!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Martini. 'nuff said. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I couldn't give a s**t what people think of my drink. Down the local I usually drink pints of stout but when I'm in town and suspect a decent cocktail might be available, then it's strawberry daiquirs ftw....

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Anyone who gives a crap one way or the other is probably showing more about their mindset than the person who orders something.

Went out with a definite 10 before who had this typical irish suspicion because I dont drink that often. I remember her almost visibly relieved when I had some pints.

WTF is up with that.

I actually prefer JD & coke and the number of times I`ve had people inspect my coke (coca cola!) with a sniff to make sure there was alcohol in it is just silly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I do get funny looks and comments when I order a West Coast cooler. It's that or the pretty dress I usually wear in the pub.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Do you think the kind of drink you order reflects your masculinity?

Oh God no, alcohol has no relation to/effect on the male ego whatsoever.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

I agree. Unfortunately a lot of people stupid swaggering fcuking ar$eholes are of the opinion that if you're not necking pints of horrible tasting larger then you're not a real man.

Thaaaaaat's better :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

My brothers mock me when I drink Fat Frogs.. Clearly the elixir of kings were it not guaranteed diabetes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Pint bottles of Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

krudler wrote: »
    I've literally never seen a guy drinking WKD on a night out, ever,who are those ads even aimed at?

Well, if you think about it, you do see ****loads of girls drinking it everywhere you go, so they probably figure they're guaranteed girls are gonna buy it anyway so they might as well aim their ads at men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Vodka Martini.

Shaken, not Stirred.
    You do know that a shaken martini is actually the light-weight's version? A stirred martini has a higher alcohol content.

Coriolanus wrote: »
    No. I drink gin & tonic. It seems to be mascara thinner for women though.
    mascara thinner... brilliant expression.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

A Manhattan, now that's a manly cocktail.

JD & Coke is not a drinker's drink in my book, anyone who drank that every weekend would end up in either a hospital, a prison cell, or a padded cell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Well, if you think about it, you do see ****loads of girls drinking it everywhere you go, so they probably figure they're guaranteed girls are gonna buy it anyway so they might as well aim their ads at men.

WKD = Wesht Kerry Diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I'll have a couple of pints of petrol

...because I'm a tank

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭shaunie007

One of the lad's birthdays not so long ago and as I was late I decided to have a glass of wine, figuring it would help me catch up and to be honest, I'm quite partial to the stuff.

The piss rippin I got was hilarious! The only prob was, that I stayed drinking it for the night just to spite them and I was by far and away the drunkest by closing!!

Damn wine, tastes unreal but knocks me for six!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

I like Tia Maria and milk - I don't drink it regularly but when I do I get odd looks from the bar staff. Got hooked on it on a holiday years ago - we had a free 24 hour bar for two weeks and decided to try all the drinks we never tasted.

Also years ago I'd drink Barcadi Rigo in my local night club - never saw anyone else ever drink it and haven't seen it for sale in a long time but it tasted great after a few pints of beer.

Usual manly drink is smitwicks/paulaner and maybe a Jameson on a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

True story...at a motorcycle rally last summer, picked up a tray of Koppaberg mixed berry cider €24 for 24 cans, 5.3% ABV, sound says I .

Drinking away & next of all I here hearty guffawing from a bunch of hardy, hairy-assed bikers I know...

Apparently the site of a fellow hairy-assed biker drinking pink pints was hilarious...& they've never let me forget it !

Nice stuff on a summers day that Koppaberg :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Ya can't beat a nice sparkling water with a wedge of lime (if you're driving)!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I drink Red Bull.

It shows other people i'm an easy going extreme sports loving adrenaline junkie. I spend my time racing fast cars and in my free time i like jumping off cliffs in squirrel suits and call my mates "dude" all the time and my vocabulary often consists of words like "sick", "whack", "rad", "extreme" etc.

Chicks dig that sh*t...!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Trollsbury Trollington

Advertisement