Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humble Bundle V

Options
  • 31-05-2012 7:46pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭

That time again, when those humble bastards puts all the other so-called indie bundles to shame.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

A great selection, although a slight problem being I own four out of the five already :P Might throw a few euro in to get a copy of Sword & Sorcery though.

Plus the soundtracks. Soundtracks are always nice.

This thread is specifically aimed at that one guy/gal who hasn't played Psychonauts yet. You know who you are *shakes fist*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

That time again, when those humble bastards puts all the other so-called indie bundles to shame.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

A great selection, although a slight problem being I own four out of the five already :P Might throw a few euro in to get a copy of Sword & Sorcery though.

Plus the soundtracks. Soundtracks are always nice.

This thread is specifically aimed at that one guy/gal who hasn't played Psychonauts yet. You know who you are *shakes fist*

Great bundle this time round, psychonauts alone makes this bundle awesome(too bad I had already it from the amazon deal) amnesia is pretty epic too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A visual refresher..

humblev.jpg

A lively selection this time.. not as much, umm.. 'recycling' as before.

This one should sell like hot cakes.

I own everything except Bastion and Amnesia, I avoided purchasing Amnesia before now because the last trilogy by that publisher (Penumbra 'Trilogy'), causes such adrenalized anxiety playing it.. Amnesia is meant to be even worse.

Great to get the soundtracks in a lossless format. (.flac)

Just to say, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP only came out for the PC in mid April.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've played all the games except Sword & Sworcery, but somehow didn't actually own any of them :eek:

That has, of course, been corrected now :)

For people not fond of Steam, this is a fine way to get some games not otherwise available off of Steam, onto their PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Own four of the five (although not on my computer) so I've bought it. Wonder if they'll add any games later?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its a damn good HB.
    Now to get the balls to play Amnesia. (Im terrible at scary games :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Only have Limbo out of the bunch, so bought it for the rest. Been wanting to play Bastion for a while. Glad none of the games are recycled from earlier bundles.

Bit annoying you don't get extra copies of the games you already own (or separate keys as in other bundles like IndieRoyale or IndieGala). Would be handy to give to friends.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

100,000 sold already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Wow, 900K dollars and it's only been up a few hours. This one is really getting some attention. I reckon that they might surpass 3 million this time. I've actually spent more now on these bundles in recent times than on mainstream games. I like that they've stood by their convictions and continue to offer as DRM free and as multi-platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I already have Bastion, if I get it again through this can I gift it to someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I already have Bastion, if I get it again through this can I gift it to someone else?

Yes, Bastion is given to you in a Steam code seperate to the other games. But usually when they add games later it's based off the bonus game's code, so if you give it away you won't get Steam copies of any games they add.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's a fantastic bundle. Really worth getting, with some excellent games in there.

$1.7 million made as well. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

i bought it this morning, its all good, now we all have it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Just bought it there. Will have a go at some of the games, when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I decided to buy this Humble Bundle, first one I've bought. I haven't played any of the games listed so it was a good price for all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭crybaby

Just bought this looking forward to giving the games a try although I have played Amnesia before and wasn't mad on it.

I have been meaning to play more indie games so this is the perfect price to give them a shot.

Cheers for the heads up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

crybaby wrote: »
    although I have played Amnesia before and wasn't mad on it.

With a username like that, it's no surprise :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Polar101

Nice, I don't think I have any of these yet. Definitely buying this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its a bad sign when the trailer alone for Amnesia has me terrified :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just for lulz - here's Day[9] doing a play through of Amnesia with lots of girlish screams :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I'm actually going to upgrade my OSX to for this, fantastic bundle, especially because I have wanted to play Psychonauts for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I guess that must be me :o.

I haven't played any of those games before so I happily downloaded them all this morning in work. By a fortunate coincidence I happened to have an external hard drive in the car too so there was no issue bringing them home. I guess that's the bank holiday entertainment sorted now :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Its a damn good HB.
    Now to get the balls to play Amnesia. (Im terrible at scary games :o)

I think I made it to the opening of the first level before I quit. I should go back to it at some point but I'm considering surrounding myself with fluffy bunnies and sunlight before venturing down there again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm installing Amnesia as I write this. It can't be that scary can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Just bought the bundle which is my first humble bundle. I was surprised how low the average payment is though.

Anyhow Bastion is installed now so I'm off to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Malice wrote: »
    I'm installing Amnesia as I write this. It can't be that scary can it?

It's not really scary more tense, must be played with headphones and curtains drawn

Played through limbo yesterday. His head must be bored through with all the maggots in there. :D
    An entertaining experience and I'm pleased enough to say I did it without any help (maybe I'm getting better at this type of game). It wasn't overly tough on timings. Only took about 3 hours but the secret level was fairly hard - not in a puzzle sense but rather timings and trying to find your way in the dark and I'd say I was over an hour on just that.

Good, fun game overall and I definitely recommend giving it a go. I think the developers were a bit lazy with the conversions in this bundle - they could have done better than just a counter for special eggs/worms and the linux version is apparently just the windows version in a wine wrapper.

$3,000,000.00 (three million), as of this morning.

Is that the highest? I seem to recall a bundle reaching four point five million, maybe not.

Haven't been to their blog in a while. I forgot about their rather nice bundle graphic, for each release.

Here's the one for bundle five.

tumblrm4we2vgfoy1r09qkf.jpg

• Advertisement

No, $3000000 is the highest. See the previous ones here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humble_bundle#List_of_games_offered

Advertisement