Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Options
  • 31-05-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

Looks like NetherRealm Studios are going all DC with their new game. Here's the trailer (not really a bucket-load of gameplay footage involved though)

What's the predictions for this one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Some more info:
    Injustice's character roster is split into two categories: "Power" characters like Superman and Wonder Woman, and "Gadget" characters like the Batman and (presumably) Harley Quinn. Depending on a character's class, they'll be able to interact with the environment in different ways. Batman may be able to slam Wonder Woman's head into a parked car, for instance, while Wonder Woman is able to slam a parked car into Batman's head.

Environmental hazards are set to play a major role in the game, adding a bonus level of strategy to each character match-up, according to this video interview with NetherRealm's Ed Boon: "You're really going to want to care where you are, in which background, with which character."

Additionally, the debut trailer clearly shows the Flash narrowly avoiding a massive icicle, which may be a strong indicator of the presence of either Captain Cold or Mr. Freeze. Injustice will have "at least as many" fighters as Mortal Kombat, according to Gamespot.

I don't like MK9, but its an undeniably well made game, so hopefully DC will finally get a decent beat em up after the disgrace that was MKvDCU.

From the little gameplay shown it looks like they're going to try supe up the MK fighting style in the same way the Marvel/X-Men games suped up Capcom's modus operandi. That pretty much guarantees I won't be playing it, but hey, I still want to see how it pans out. :pac:

Also, I was pretty excited to play a game where I get to beat the tar out of people with ol' Harleen Quinzel but then I remembered the crime against humanity that was her change of appearance in the new DC universe. Sadly that wardrobe change seems to have carried over to this game. God she looks ****ing awful.

Bonus point: I like how this game is already playing catch-up to MvC3 by ripping off their trailer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Looking forward to playing it, I'll try any game once.
    Sairus wrote: »
    Bonus point: I like how this game is already playing catch-up to MvC3 by ripping off their trailer :pac:

That was the only thing I could see too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

dunno really want to think about this,
    with NRS/WB working on this im pretty sure that puts mk9 getting that hotfix like was said so long ago was koming

dont really care for the whole super heroes thing to be honest, but with what i know there planing to do with the chars, it seems interesting,
    its "kind of" known who two of the testers will be already, no disrespect to them but think NRS done goofed if its true

game will be 2D fighting in a 3D backround, much like MK.
    there will be a playable demo at E3 also, so we should soon see some more gameplay

heres hoping harley can be the mileena of that game, with no tarkatan blood chars in this im free to tier whore it up which nice i guess

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wow, that trailer really is uninspiring.

DC characters deserve a better opening than a UMvC knock off!

I might play it though. Be the nearest I'll prob get to playing MK :)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

is cody in this?

• Advertisement

with NRS/WB working on this im pretty sure that puts mk9 getting that hotfix like was said so long ago was coming
    What do you mean by this?

For those hankering to play this, just go play Justice League Task Force. It's basically the same thing.

Also, I finally bit the bullet and read up on some of the new DC comics just to see if awful looking Harley is also awful as a character in the comics (she is). It turns out Joker is currently 'dead', so I wonder does that mean that Mr. J isn't going to be playable in this to make it more in line with the current comics?

I highly doubt it, but maybe he won't be in the main storyline or something.

Be the nearest I'll prob get to playing MK :)

:(

jax is just guile's brother from another mother man lol

also i wonder will this back for block or block button?
    im thinking block button that NRS are making it

really interested to see whats the going on with meter in the game,
    also wonder will they bring over breakers from mk.

2013 good bit away so i hope they take the time to test it right so it doesnt need up needing as many patches that mk got,
    im glad NRS try fix there cock ups but alot of those mistakes shouldnt of gotten into the final version

injusticebanner.png
    Seriously. Just look at Harley. **** you Arkham Asylum for ruining Harley in everything thereafter.

I'm not sure about the whole armoured thing they've got going on for everyone else. Armoured Superman just seems excessive like :pac:

Wonder Woman being back in pants again is nice though. God I hate her usual costume.

id say/hope they would have alt costumes with more classic looks

Intriguing Batman is holding Kryptonite in that image.

• Advertisement

And that Superman's going all E.T.

Sairus wrote: »
    And that Superman's going all E.T.

I can think of a couple reasons for that- either it's some red sunlight dealy to weaken him (nice plot line to explain why he just doesn't flick anyone who opposes him into the sun) or it could be red kryptonite, which in the past has turned him a bit mental.

That'd explain the green kryptonite too- Bruce is keeping himself safe...

I think you're going to have to accept the new harly design Sai, the Bruce Timm inspired original is awesome but wouldn't really fit in this EVERYONE MUST BE ARMOURED style they seem to be going for.

Speaking of which, the Flash having armour doesn't make much sense. He's supposed to be sleek and stuff, his uniform's either been made of material a molecule thick or of the speed force itself.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'd be willing to try it as long as there's no stupid gore and no block button. Also i dislike environmental hazards, so hopefully there'll be a stage with none for tourney play

I can think of a couple reasons for that- either it's some red sunlight dealy to weaken him (nice plot line to explain why he just doesn't flick anyone who opposes him into the sun) or it could be red kryptonite, which in the past has turned him a bit mental.
    Or it could be that red kryptonite that depowered him on the left side of his body.

halfside.jpg

It'd serve to make him more reasonable to fight and make MK9's stance changes would finally be useful! Two birds/planes with one stone.
    I think you're going to have to accept the new harly design Sai, the Bruce Timm inspired original is awesome but wouldn't really fit in this EVERYONE MUST BE ARMOURED style they seem to be going for.
    I shall never accept it :mad: Even completely random silent movie Harley from Brave and the Bold was better than the last two years of nonsense designs.

Though on the plus side all DC need to do now is ruin Blue Beetle and I'll never have a reason to ever read any of their stuff again :pac:
    Speaking of which, the Flash having armour doesn't make much sense. He's supposed to be sleek and stuff, his uniform's either been made of material a molecule thick or of the speed force itself.
    Yep. Him and Superman having armour just makes Harley and Wonder Woman not having armour more stupid. (Grundy get's a free pass on account of.. being Grundy) Though maybe Wonder Woman having pants constitutes armour in female comic character terms.
    For the sake of nit picking I think Flash did have armour in the awesome intro to DC Universe Online, but that was both an alternate timeline and a game so it hardly counts :pac:

And just so this post isn't just DooM and I spouting trivia, have some screens:

injusticescreen-1.jpg

injusticescreen-2.jpg

injusticescreen-3.jpg

EDIT: Also, while scouring Injustice.com I noticed this in the copyright info paragraph at the bottom:
    PlayStation and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and "PS3" and the PlayStation Network logo are trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Kinect, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.
    Probably nothing, but you never know..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'd be willing to try it as long as there's no stupid gore and no block button. Also i dislike environmental hazards, so hopefully there'll be a stage with none for tourney play

I really wouldn't expect any gore/fatalities or any of that craic from this one. I know it's NetherRealm, but it's not a Kombat game, so they'd have no reasons to throw in buckets of blood. Also, back in MK Vs DCU, they had to drop most of the gore to facilitate for the superheroes, so I can't imagine them turning that on it's head now.
    Block button though, I can see that appearing in it. I'd imagine it will play to a similar layout as MK.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I think this will be good. I look forward to actual gameplay footage. The lads did a good job with MK9 (like it or not) and they can learn from any previous game mistakes. If its anything like MK9 I'll be interested.

deathrider wrote: »
    I really wouldn't expect any gore/fatalities or any of that craic from this one. I know it's NetherRealm, but it's not a Kombat game, so they'd have no reasons to throw in buckets of blood. Also, back in MK Vs DCU, they had to drop most of the gore to facilitate for the superheroes, so I can't imagine them turning that on it's head now.
    Block button though, I can see that appearing in it. I'd imagine it will play to a similar layout as MK.

yea this is my thinking also, really looking forward too see the demo at E3.
    boon said in that interview though thats there kind of a "kombat twist" to it all,so wonder what he means by that.

i just hope the flash and green lantern aren't as over powered as in MKvsDC, hopefully then find a way to balance how flash will pretty much kill most chars footsies game by making everything he does super unsafe.

in the trailer harley did like a wake up anti air gun shot lying on her back, i wonder what craic with that is,would be kinda odd to have that move from standing with here jumping on her back and shooting like that, hope they dont make her a stryker clone that guns seem to be big deal with her.she better has a mallet and cartwheel attack also

Oooooh, I do not like when the focus is being taken away from the fighting mechanics... hopefully that's just game journos though.

The far right side of the stage also featured a console with a large red button on it, and when a fighter is backed into this corner, the button gets pressed, sending missiles flying out to hit the other fighter. Consider yourself warned, corner trappers.
    uhhh... Not sure if want.

That definitely was a weird write up since there was little of anything said about the actual fighting and more about the way they interact with the stage. Having said that, I suppose stage interaction (particularly on this scale) is a rarity, so if I were to sit down for five minutes to watch two games of this, that'd be what I would talk about afterwards too - especially since if I was writing an article that has to appeal to everyone and not just FG players.

• Advertisement

even more screen shots....http://testyourmight.com/threads/first-screen-shots-released-for-injustice-gods-among-us.17791/

yea im not to sure how much i like how much of a factor what stage your on will play either, this sounds like its going to turn into a thing people will either love or hate.
    if all stages are like this,what stage your on could change the MU alot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Smash

Including a good look at the screens in the background of the bat cave.

547216_446058362071709_2060578294_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Damn that Joker and his malicious jaywalking.....

more info on DLC, Guest Characters and how Evo comes into play when designing...

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/724424/injustice-gods-among-us-gameplay-video-from-e3-2012-an-explosive-dc-fighting-game/

also gameplay demo to be shown at E3 tomorrow! :)

The game only got announced about two days ago, and they're already talking DLC? Man, this gen really pisses me off sometimes.

deathrider wrote: »
    The game only got announced about two days ago, and they're already talking DLC? Man, this gen really pisses me off sometimes.

yea i know,but its all about the money, hence why mk9 still hasnt got that hotfix,cant make money from that....damn WB :mad:

but lets see how pissed you are if one of them is kitana lol :p

I'm a prime target (fighting game playing comic book fan) for this game and they're already making it difficult for me to like it, seems NRS weren't paying attentoin to SFxT's woes!

I'm a prime target (fighting game playing comic book fan) for this game and they're already making it difficult for me to like it, seems NRS weren't paying attentoin to SFxT's woes!

im not to big on the comic books but the fact the NRS are making it is the thing that really interests me, bit fan boyish i know but ah well, always enjoyed every midway/NRS game ive played

i think the whole lets make as much money as we can is more WB than NRS though,lets see what happens. cant wait to see it at E3 tomorrow, be cool if they put someone mad in as guest, id love "V"

• Advertisement

yea i know,but its all about the money, hence why mk9 still hasnt got that hotfix,cant make money from that....damn WB :mad:

but lets see how pissed you are if one of them is kitana lol :p

You and I both know that the last thing the world ever needs is to see a DC character and an MK character on screen at once again.

I'm a big comic fan (though I'd be more Marvel than DC), but I still wouldn't throw down for DLC characters. Especially if they are already talking about them. As Doom said, they should have been keeping an eye on how things went for Capcom with SFxT.

Advertisement