Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

why cant all new fighting games be as smooth as ssf4?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Here's a proper day 1 combo video Nutrient. F off Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just played the demo now using Batman and Lex Luthor, Batman is very quick,easy combos and the special move is excellent, Lex is very slow but very strong, his special move is great too. I am disappointed in Doomsday the character is too easy to beat, have not tried out Wonder Woman yet is she any good as a character, pissed about the promo on the PSN.

You get the Green Arrow guy from Arrow as a skin if you preorder and buy this on the PSN, between this and the Superman Red Son edition in GAME up north or the special edition in GAME I don't know which to buy, does anyone know will all the skins be available at some stage on the PSN or Xbox market place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Anyone else think this looks like s**t? MK9 looked way better than this. We seem to have PS2 character models here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Rob2D wrote: »
    Anyone else think this looks like s**t? MK9 looked way better than this. We seem to have PS2 character models here.

Wonder woman looks like Michael Phelps with a wig and boob job. The backgrounds look good and Batman and Lex are good but Doomsday and Wonder woman are crap character models. Very inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

04_injusticechar.jpg

Rob2D wrote: »
    I think graphically backrounds are superior, hands down, almost too active but didn't bother me

Character Models look sleek, just the designs are lacking

Wonderwoman is a minger, lex looks like Robbie williams and Batman..STAY DOWN

Mechnically it could be better?
    unsure, willing to say it'll work out better, Movement does take time to get used too. wager gimmick looks balls

Just found out Backdashs have invinciblity frames

cant wait to start beasting with Seaman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Nutrient wrote: »

Just found out Backdashs have invinciblity frames

yea ive been wake up backdashing alot, i wish mk9 had invinciblity frames on backdashes, still kinda disapointed fireballs dont cancel either other out either but ah well.

i found out today pressing d instead of db blocks both ways and everything but overheads. batmans dive kick from glide isnt a overhead so his dive kick crossup mix up is pretty ****ty already

i cant think there will be a better air normal in this game than lexs jumping heavy though,its too good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

yea ive been wake up backdashing alot, i wish mk9 had invinciblity frames on backdashes, still kinda disapointed fireballs dont cancel either other out either but ah well.

i found out today pressing d instead of db blocks both ways and everything but overheads. batmans dive kick from glide isnt a overhead so his dive kick crossup mix up is pretty ****ty already

i cant think there will be a better air normal in this game than lexs jumping heavy though,its too good

Yo, what about Black Adams' fullscreen footdive? That **** would make Doctor Doom proud.

Sure look at Batman in that char select pic. Reminiscent of the twins..

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Yo, what about Black Adams' fullscreen footdive? That **** would make Doctor Doom proud.

that isnt a air normal,its a special move so i dont know if its a overhead or not.
    if its not,it could have a overhead version if meterburned thats is a special.hard to say until release

so theres big talk on TYM on if injustice should be 2/3 or 3/5 because one match is pretty short.
    what you guys think?

so theres big talk on TYM on if injustice should be 2/3 or 3/5 because one match is pretty short.
    what you guys think?

Hard to say, seems like it moves about the same as MK but thats bound to change when people learn the game inside-out

2/3 is looking reasonable

Nutrient wrote: »
    Hard to say, seems like it moves slightly faster then MK but thats bound to change when people learn the game inside-out

2/3 is looking reasonable

yea thats what alot of the points when into went all the TOs came into the thread.
    that games too new to say what it should or shouldnt be.
    but including clock stoping for supers/interactions no match will be longer than 2 mins.

some the testers that been playing it and can talk about it now have been saying when the games played right and people understand that it will be a crazy face paced game. time will tell if that bs or not i guess.

also i just seen footage of ares....holy ****!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Just because the game is fast doesn't mean it should be 3/5 by default. 3/5 is to compensate for randomness/high damage in the game, eg. TTT2 or MVC3. ST is one of the fastest games around and that's usually 2/3.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Just because the game is fast doesn't mean it should be 3/5 by default. 3/5 is to compensate for randomness/high damage in the game, eg. TTT2 or MVC3. ST is one of the fastest games around and that's usually 2/3.

good point but if 3/5 used to compensate randomness/high damage prob should take into account this game comes from the makers of kabal and the 100% resets of cyrax,smoke and jax

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Might just be me, but I'm noticing a ton of flaws with this game.
    It's easy to see why they added the SF motions now, introducing the Back/Down-Back/Down to block system it's hard to fluidly block and punish without accidently getting say, Batmans up spear (D,B,1).
    I'm having a really hard time getting the hang of the timing of moves, everything *looks* fluid, but feels constricted, it feels like a worse version of MK's dial-a-combo. Don't even get me started on trying to combo a jump-in.

Criticism aside, game looks somewhat promising. Mixups with armour on ex-charge overhead or knock back for big damage, FADC's etc. I agree that the game will be quite fast paced.

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Might just be me, but I'm noticing a ton of flaws with this game.
    It's easy to see why they added the SF motions now, introducing the Back/Down-Back/Down to block system it's hard to fluidly block and punish without accidently getting say, Batmans up spear (D,B,1).
    I'm having a really hard time getting the hang of the timing of moves, everything *looks* fluid, but feels constricted, it feels like a worse version of MK's dial-a-combo. Don't even get me started on trying to combo a jump-in.

Criticism aside, game looks somewhat promising. Mixups with armour on ex-charge overhead or knock back for big damage, FADC's etc. I agree that the game will be quite fast paced.

you can block everything but overheads with just down,that might help ya with the punishes/pushblock.
    i can see why youd be getting grapple gun though, im guessing your trying to do a b1 string, your doing it too fast.maybe when the full version comes out you should turn off the neg edge.then it wont be a issue for ya.

yea i thought the combo system was weird to me at first aswell,hit confirms(with flex anyway are a bit weird off certain normals) just takes time to get used to. what problems you having with jump ins combos? jumping m best for jump in combos, jumping heavy limits certain follow ups

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i am finding it ridiculous the amount of pre order dlc there is and the game isnt even out yet. whats annoying me more i just figured out superman red son dlc is exclusive to game only. absolute ridiculous and so frustrating this sort of **** going on.

i liked the demo but my god i wish they cut this **** out already :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm still not digging it. It just feels kinda... meh.

even though they have been known as in for a while,
    heres the reveal trailer for ares & killer frost

ares looks like a beast. who wouldnt want to play him!?!
    invisible mixups/combo are just so swag

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone know if the special edition skins, Superman Red Son, Blackest Night, Zombie Mode will be available to purchase as future dlc or are they only available as preorder or day one dlc.

Anyone know if the special edition skins, Superman Red Son, Blackest Night, Zombie Mode will be available to purchase as future dlc or are they only available as preorder or day one dlc.

no word on it but id say its very likely all the pre-order stuff will come out to buy, they did it with the mk9 pre-order stuff like two months or something after.

but you can get the blackest night/zombie mode as a pre-order at gamestop if that helps you any

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Here's just over 17 minutes of Angry Joe not really having a clue what he's talking about:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

It's possible to enable SF style inputs in the demo if any of you want to give it another shot:

http://shoryuken.com/2013/04/10/how-to-enable-street-fighter-style-commands-and-button-configuration-in-the-injustice-gods-among-us-demo-for-playstation-3/

Here's short version:

Go into the characters select screen, bring up the options menu, and select the an option labeled “BUG_ME”. This leads to an invisible menu that contains options for changing inputs and a bunch of other stuff. To change your inputs:

-Click Bug me_1
    -hit up 3 times
    -right 1 time
    -down 1 time
    -Click X/A

it will ask if you want to accept these changes.

Flash infinite eh? ... sounds a little bit familiar.

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Flash infinite eh? ... sounds a little bit familiar.

as soon as i seen what flashes trait was, i knew they'd have to patch infinities lol
    yea theres a lex infinite in the demo aswell.
    both be patched out by day1

they have some new way of patching that different from what they did with mk, cant member all the techy stuff right now so i think they can fix things like that easier this time round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

As i said to 1man3letters on TYM im def down for this, its gonna be sweet

Black Adam some bitches

Advertisement