Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I dropped a quick review for the demo up on HSN. Here it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

first dlc confirmed as lobo.
    his model looks VERY rob zombie lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Wasn't her the odd guy from Cloud City who hung with Lando in The Empire Strikes Back?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Free akham city skins for both xbox and ps3

https://www.facebook.com/injusticegameDE?sk=app_486379888095418

If you have a Facebook account, you can get a free Arkham City Skins pack for Injustice (for both PS3 and Xbox 360).

All you have to do is click the link, like the page, and click what console you want your code for. On the semi-bottom left, there's something about "friend" in German. Click that, then cancel. Enjoy your code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

So what's the verdict so far? Is it worth picking up? What's the online like on xbox and PS3? cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

so what's the netcode like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Well, let me answer more then that

The Good

So far Net code is definetly better.

Story rivals MK for quality, exceeds comically...
    Green arrow not so lame

Sound design is impecable.

Practice mode is again, best I've seen in a fighting game.

Stages are prestine and foreboding, little too much chaos in the back but not enough to distract.

Not one Copy character in sight.
    Lots of extra bonus goodies and DLC (majority of it free).

Combat mechnics trump MKs, It's deep while retaining common ground for new or casual players to an extent.

Combat has to be more thought out, can't random people out

Every character has dirt (good and bad)

In-game frame data

Wager actually not retarded as thought prior release

Injustice has a 'quick fix' solution for changing frames and other assets quick instead of hard patchs

It's fun

The Bad

Music is cliche and mediorce

Story mode has mini-games, fun the first time, but, I grew weary throwing cards at grundy 3rd time around.

a bit of In-game frame data e.g, Deathstroke pistols are -2, actually turns out they're +9, like I said before, can be fixed on the fly.

Star labs is kinda good but the prize is why this is here:/

Transitions are very impressive, also very lengthy, become dull after a while

Supers again guilty for this
    these also revert the game to 30fps which hurts the immersion

• Registered Users Posts: 33,689 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Downloaded the Injustice iphone app (to get free costumes and stuff for the game). Created a WBID. Trouble is, there's nowhere to enter the WBID in the game. Supposedly it's meant to be under Settings, but it's not there. Anyone know what the craic is?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

After telling myself I wouldn't buy it, I went out and bought it on release day (gamestop 9.99 deal).

FWIW I'm enjoying it. The single player has a huge amout to it with the Story, Battles and STARS modes. Am really enjoying it so far. It's a better game than MK which I quite enjoyed.

Practice mode is brilliant. You can assign up to 5 combos or special move inputs to the screen so you can see them while practicing. You can also reset the training mode by hitting select so you dont have to watch the entire Super move. Very nice touch. The fact that you have frame data within the game is also brilliant. Capcom could learn a ton from the game.

The multiplayer is quite stable, certainly better than MK9 and SFxT on release.

Aquaman ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,689 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also, I find it hard to take Evil Superman seriously. Not because it's out of character or anything. It's because his head reminds me of Alec Baldwin in Team America World Police

Injustice-superman.jpg

char_56554.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

I want to like this game but i cant. Everything feels so stiff and clunky especially when ibputting combos which feels like a queue of buttons instead of on reaction inputs. The online netcode is good if youre blessed to play with people close by. Ranked or player gives you no search options so it'll immediately place you with australiaa best deathstroke or something. Speaking of which some characters are just retarded i.e. green lantern force grab thing. But other than that ill pop in to get some tl matches in and see if thats better than actually playing online.

Everyonea right about single player though. Crap tonne of stuff to do

http://www.twitch.tv/nutrient16

Nutrient getting his rank on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Online is beginning to get flooded with green arrow users, purely for his freeze arrows, and long range arrows. Its getting very annoying.

Oh and deathstroke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Digitalism wrote: »
    Online is beginning to get flooded with green arrow users, purely for his freeze arrows, and long range arrows. Its getting very annoying.

Agreed. Only just got the game (for PS3) but Green Arrow and Deathstroke are wrecking my head.

Zoning in this game is so annoying. I don't like the way the game zooms out and you can have so much space between characters. Its a ball ache trying to cover the ground with Luthor for instance. The walk speed is too slow and dash is clunky and jumping is hard to judge the distance etc. I don't like how you move and it all feels a bit stiff.

I am trying to get used to it but it seems that you have to be very attacking with any of the grappling characters. I have watched a couple of videos on dealing with zoners but it just doesn't feel fair or balanced. Hawk Girl and flash seem good for dealing with projectile spam.

I don't like the art design on the game either. I would have prefered a more animated cartoon style even if they used models. the characters move like arthritic mannequins and when standing in neutral stance they barely move and look stiff. The stage transitions get old very quick and the animation after the match before you choose rematch or quit just hangs there and is annoying. The backgrounds are good and detailed and I like the background integration (except the unblockable stuff) but very little colour and all a bit dark and dull.

Looking at the footage of Civil War V it does look like it has potential and it is a new game franchise. Loads of good ideas in the game and it is packed with content. Its a new game and I only have it a couple of days. I will give it a bit more time but I am not loving it so far. Everything seems awkward and clunky. Even after two days stage transitions, wager system, super moves and character exit animations are already old and annoying.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

http://shoryuken.com/2013/04/24/injustice-gods-among-us-lex-luthor-gravity-mine-trap-tutorial/

Nutrient makes it to SRK front page. Lythero is dead. LONG LIVE NUTRIENT!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    http://shoryuken.com/2013/04/24/injustice-gods-among-us-lex-luthor-gravity-mine-trap-tutorial/

Nutrient makes it to SRK front page. Lythero is dead. LONG LIVE NUTRIENT!
    SRK wrote:
    Source: Nutrient16, thanks to link3kokiri for the tip

:D

Also, yay for all the Nutrient searches I'll be getting on youtube now. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Going to buy a copy of this game, so what is the expected tournament standard?

PS3 like for MK9 or 360?

Won't be buying it twice so would prefer to get a copy on whatever system will be used for tournaments.

at least 4 players who main this game are ps3 pad players, and the stick players have dual mods so ps3 seems to be a safe bet imo

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    at least 4 players who main this game are ps3 pad players, and the stick players have dual mods so ps3 seems to be a safe bet imo

I'm pretty sure that pad players are big boys now and can buy an adapter like anyone else :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Doom pushing 360 standard to make his life easier for recording. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

His life is easy either way now that he can record from HDMI.

Were we to start purchasing our own consoles for tournaments PS3s would be preferable for DLC purposes too. One purchase per two consoles.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Doom pushing 360 standard to make his life easier for recording. :p
    His life is easy either way now that he can record from HDMI.

Were we to start purchasing our own consoles for tournaments PS3s would be preferable for DLC purposes too. One purchase per two consoles.

Actually, I can only record HDMI from Xbox, Sony put HDCP encryption on their HDMI so I have to either buy something to strip it out (expensive) or convert to component (what I was doing sometimes anyway).

It's just always amazed me why pad players don't take the few minutes/ few quid to buy an adapter (not everyone, obv) when stick players are expected to pay 200 euro for a dual modded stick or get into the dirty work of soldering it! Surely if you're going to get into competitive gaming you're going to cover those bases?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Also ps3 games have that extra frame of input lag. Unless there's a strong reason for the game to be held on ps3 like mk9's patch situation, 360 should be the default platform.

Going to buy a copy of this game, so what is the expected tournament standard?

PS3 like for MK9 or 360?

Won't be buying it twice so would prefer to get a copy on whatever system will be used for tournaments.

well there have been 3 worldwide tournies so far, all on ps3
    I'm pretty sure that pad players are big boys now and can buy an adapter like anyone else :D

works both ways for players from both consoles.(know ya prob meant that :o)
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Also ps3 games have that extra frame of input lag. Unless there's a strong reason for the game to be held on ps3 like mk9's patch situation, 360 should be the default platform.

kinda untrue to generalise , in sf4 yes but in not in all games.mk9 doesnt have it. tests were done confirming this,ill try find the vids.

evo default is ps3 so until reasons come up to shift one way or another why shouldnt that be set as default platform?
    also as jun mentioned AT THE MOMENT there are more members of the kommunity with it on ps3 and most of xbox guys have dual mods anyway and like doom mentioned convertors are pretty cheap.
    i have a qanba so its near nor there for me

evo default is ps3 so until reasons come up to shift one way or another why shouldnt that be set as default platform?
    also as jun mentioned AT THE MOMENT there are more members of the kommunity with it on ps3 and most of xbox guys have dual mods anyway and like doom mentioned convertors are pretty cheap.
    i have a qanba so its near nor there for me

Plenty of people are very unhappy with evo because of it, though. Evo's done things the community has not adopted before (SFxT, for example, was only ever really played in teams for the qualifying matches, and never again).

Basically, the TO decides what platform to play on, and it's up to the players to sort it out.

As for what platform should the community buy- if capcom games have additional lag on PS3, and there's no evidence Injustice is worse on xbox (which lets be honest IS going to take away from the amount of MK played)I'd be very reticent to agree we should go Sony right at this moment.

Plenty of people are very unhappy with evo because of it, though. Evo's done things the community has not adopted before (SFxT, for example, was only ever really played in teams for the qualifying matches, and never again).

Basically, the TO decides what platform to play on, and it's up to the players to sort it out.

As for what platform should the community buy- if capcom games have additional lag on PS3, and there's no evidence Injustice is worse on xbox (which lets be honest IS going to take away from the amount of MK played)I'd be very reticent to agree we should go Sony right at this moment.

yea i understand that our TO's will have the final say but i guess who ever has what console is going to give a reason why x should and y shouldnt.

sorry but you confused the hell out of me mentioning mk there, huh?
    do u mean people wont be playing mk because they'll be playing injustice?
    if so, i wouldnt be worried about that ;) if there can be two capcom games there can be two NRS games, i know a few mk lads arnt digging injustice either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Maybe it's just Capcom games but I thought the extra frame of input lag was system-wide on PS3. Could be wrong.

Who cares what Evo use? Besides the fact that they're sponsored by Sony and that's why they use PS3s in the first place, what does that have to do with us anyway?

yea i understand that our TO's will have the final say but i guess who ever has what console is going to give a reason why x should and y shouldnt.

sorry but you confused the hell out of me mentioning mk there, huh?
    do u mean people wont be playing mk because they'll be playing injustice?
    if so, i wouldnt be worried about that ;) if there can be two capcom games there can be two NRS games, i know a few mk lads arnt digging injustice either

I'm only mentioning MK because it's the only game which is clearly better on the PS3, that's all!

I'm only mentioning MK because it's the only game which is clearly better on the PS3, that's all!

oh right nevermind then lol :o
    yea theres some funky stuff going on with mk on 360. sektor can reset the console if he cancels his stance into a certaint specials 3 times in row and you can throw mileena inbetween the two hits of ex telekick even though throws dont wont on airborn hitboxes. least its not region locked like the ps3 though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

PS3 is a horrible console all-round for FGs

Frame drops in Marvel, MK and Injustice are just frustrating.
    Frame input differance blows.
    Recording issues are costly pain.

360 is perfect...cept that damn Motion button on latest skus

Hell, Only reason people got that thing was MGS4.

I've a converter that appears to have No input delay and cost me price of Lunch.

Hold dat ****...

Advertisement