Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    I blame myself for picking this game up. Like i just feel like im not getting my due out of putting effort in. So if im to blame myself is it for trying?
    Feck it i see how it is
    Its week 3 of the game. Week 1 for me hasnt ended. Nobody is playing legit. People are doing constant unsafe things and abusing normals and specials for now til people learn to counter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The Hound wrote: »
    Blame the game and NEVER blame yourself!!!
    Bad netcode + good game = death.

RIP KOF XIII.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Damn, Hound making people ragequit boards... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 IIII Easy IIII

The Hound wrote: »
    Ye Superman is too cheap. I dropped him for DeathStroke

spam_1.jpg
    spam_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Lol Everyone was free to deathstroke and kept rage quitting so I picked up a pocket AquaMan. Braindead easy to win with too and got hatemail for both... Im in the lab with Black Adam now. Just going to buse that dive kick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 IIII Easy IIII

Is there any way to get the costumes from the ios app thingy without actually using the app? I don't have an iphone or ipad but i want the costumes SwiftRage

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So finally broke this out tonight. Cyborg seems appropriately boring and zoney. Got the instant air sonic boom working maybe 40% of the time, and got a few target acquired set ups working.

I'd say cyborg is going to be deadly, armoured zero frame escape for the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

So it has just been announced that Injustice is officially the 9th game at Evo.

http://shoryuken.com/2013/05/07/injustice-gods-among-us-added-to-official-evo-2013-lineup/

Thoughts gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

It raised $70 in the charity drive. Smash and Skullgirls are notably upset.

Having said that it'll likely get more players than both of those games so it's hard to be too upset. It still reeks of Netherrelm payoff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Skullgirls' development is pretty much being completely funded by the fanbase and has a strong enough following that it will likely come to prominence when the DLC characters are released. Also, as I understand it, the game has really poor turnouts at tournaments.

SSBM is outdated and doesn't deserve the attention, and their community is the biggest shower of bastards I've ever seen in the fighting genre - wouldn't piss on 'em if they were on fire. Eff the lot of them, I say.

Injustice is young and needs the attention in the early stages of its life, and the IP makes it accessible to non-FG players as well, which means that the event will attract more viewers as well as players, and if the event is successful it could expand the game's playerbase on the whole.

TLDR; Injustice is the most sensible choice for 9th spot at EVO out of the lot, regardless of how the decision was made.

• Advertisement

While it makes absolute sense for Injustice to say there, hindsight would have said if the Cannons were thinking of this they should have mentioned it when the votes were on. I'd be upset if I'd voted for one of those games.

I'm not saying it's a bad choice for a slot at EVO - it's popular and can be sort of fun to watch. However EVO made a big deal about the Final slot for EVO being done in a community 'vote'. With the numbers so high at the end, the TOs said they'd like to give both SG and Smash a place but it was totally impossible to squeeze a 9th game in to the already massively stretched 8 game lineup.

Poof, Injustice suddenly gets in anyway.

In addition, SG was not accepted into EVO last year because it was released too close to EVO 2012.
    SG launch was April 10. EVO was July 6.
    Injustice launch was April 16. EVO is July 26.

So again, I'm not complaining particularly about Injustice, but it leaves a very poor taste in some people's mouths.

Also, Melee is mad hype to watch, so I'm totally fine with that being at EVO too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

haha too funny, both MK9 & Injustice at evo now with none of the vote BS.
    NRS going balls deep lol

wasnt the whole charity vote a bit of a farce though?
    heard lot of stuff about the amount they said they had not being close to final number and alot of donations just being cancelled in general after peoples game didnt get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

They should never have done that stupid poll. Dictatorship all the way, people are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Apparently a lot of people forgot that they were actually donating money to cancer research, rather than collectively trying to buy a slot for their game of choice at EVO.

Apparently a lot of people forgot that they were actually donating money to cancer research, rather than collectively trying to buy a slot for their game of choice at EVO.

Wow, what heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

i am digging lobo :D
    not as much as the classic harley costume though, its too awesome

Just bought that costume, it's sick :D

batgirl reveal trailer....

FINALLY! what ive been waiting for,a teleport thats an attack!
    she has fast enough projectiles aswell.
    starting to remind me of mileena a bit....:D
    be very much looking forward to her release

also LMFAO at that joker costume

• Advertisement

Nutrient vs Onion and stuff

http://www.twitch.tv/fergus2k8/old#

DC can keep retconning as much as they like, THAT is Oracle, this is Batgirl :

Batgirl-10.jpg

(Even if Babs was batrigl first and all)

Those comics were so good!

Those comics were so good!
    What series is that one from?

Sairus wrote: »
    What series is that one from?

Batgirl.

;)

(Pre 52)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Going to go ahead and say it, DC is better post New 52.

Going to go ahead and say it, DC is better post New 52.

Would have agreed up until some dodgy editorial decisions in the last couple of months. A lot of books have lost a lot of steam.

@Letters

Found a new Harley corner combo, 45% off b2,2 meterless, most damaging I can find so far

sweet, was gonna say post it on tym but seen ya already have :D

i really like that the poision damage of MB play doctor never scales no matter what combo it is, think they learned there lesson from mileenas ****ed up damage scaling on ex neckbite

Yeah I think it's worth ending that combo in ex play doctor and chipping away with her zoning if they're close to KO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

I don't play the game, and not sure if this helps, but this guy I follow on youtube put a 68% combo up (with full meter I think)...

Advertisement