Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Be a low tier hero and continue playing her now that she's even WORSE than before! Haha can't believe they nerfed that string by 10 frames. I can understand that +10 is alot for a string that hits low but making it neutral is just... bad. Does she have any other good strings at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Fergus_ wrote: »
    They nerfed Harley? Are you actually serious lol?

2d3 was one of the big things she had going for her ffs.

Them superman nerfs

tumblr_lhwgehEH8n1qcnpgso1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Ok now that I've access to a laptop.

What the actual **** NRS?

Harley already has huge issues opening up people and a lot of her strings are highs so 2d3 was really her only move to go to for frame traps due to 2 being a mid. It was good to make people fear her b2,2 as a guaranteed followup so she could go for her ****ty overhead/low mixups but with this nerf, her upclose game is non existent (due to how free she is to low block) and her zoning is really average compared to likes of Cyborg, GL, Superman, Aquaman etc. and it's not very rewarding with gunshots only doing 4% and cupcake and pop pop having huge recovery.

Even more annoying when other chars got buffed or the gdlk chars barely got touched

I always had her as low-mid but with this nerf, she's just ****. She needed help but got kicked in the face (Lighten up will ya etc.)

Probably gonna switch chars now or not even play the game.

I still think her mix up game is good, I think you under rate her forward 2. yes it has quite a bit of startup but the animation is quite tricky to see, it looks very similar to her st 2, which is also good for frame traps since its +1 and a lot of people like to mash D1. Didn't even know 2d3 was +10, wtf that was ridiculous.

Nutrient wrote: »
    Them superman nerfs

tumblr_lhwgehEH8n1qcnpgso1_400.gif

Don't even think breath is that broken, Reo was getting out of it a lot at ect. His damage was dumb and that got addresed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    I still think her mix up game is good, I think you under rate her forward 2. yes it has quite a bit of startup but the animation is quite tricky to see, it looks very similar to her st 2, which is also good for frame traps since its +1 and a lot of people like to mash D1. Didn't even know 2d3 was +10, wtf that was ridiculous.

Her only safe frame traps is from b2,2 which is 12f which is only worth doing from 2d3 cuz nothing else is good for it, otherwise she'll have to commit to d1 TS1 which is unsafe, everything else is either - or highs. And having high strings as Harley sucks because she's free to low block.

F2 is very easy to block with experience and when Harley is point blank, it should be very easy to see coming as it has no range and it's like 29f. Nutrient's the best at blocking it.

Need an hour or so to chill out but this is just appalling. More the fact they nerfed her instead of giving her the help she needs.

I'm liking Raven at least.

RIP Harley April - May 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Wonder Woman got a stealth nerf, more recovery on her b3. Hurts her combo damage a little midscreen. Sounds like this is a mistake though and might get fixed in the future.

The TYM forum are going mental saying this has destroyed her :pac:

Yellow Lantern untouched.

Yellow is Power

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is Yellow Lantern just a pallette swap and the name change under the life bar or do the moves have different properties?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Just a palette swap with his own win pose, but he's 10 times cooler than Green Lantern so I pick him instead.

Yellow is Power

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Looks like Flash wasn't touched in the patch, so I think I'll be abusing the Speed Force with Barry Allen.

Though I am a big Dick fan...

they found a glitch already with her, you can meter burn her bola without meter :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

damn, grundy no like clash :(:(:(

him,aquaman and DS seem to be the any real nerfs, supes got a slap on the wrist.
    with bane/catwoman gaining the most it seems.
    ares/shazam/ravens teles all getting wakeup buffs pretty good.

everything else just seems to be bug fixes and such.

fergus i think your over-reacting bout 2d3, sure u could armor the follow up b2 and even it can be jumped over for full combo if your frame or two late,dont think its that much of a loss to be honest, sure string only got 11% if it hit.

hopefully she might get something else in the next patch, like b22 or b121 being full block strings! :mad:

Takes a good few frames for armour to kick in though right? You'd have a 2f gap so I don't think that's enough to stop b2,2. And about jumping, not sure how long the pre-jump frames are in this game, never tested it pre-patch.

Gonna have to be extremely creative with mixups and mindgames with her to get damage, hopefully we can find stuff. Right now, she's a mediocre zoning character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Ok now that I've access to a laptop.

What the actual **** NRS?

Harley already has huge issues opening up people and a lot of her strings are highs so 2d3 was really her only move to go to for frame traps due to 2 being a mid. It was good to make people fear her b2,2 as a guaranteed followup so she could go for her ****ty overhead/low mixups but with this nerf, her upclose game is non existent (due to how free she is to low block) and her zoning is really average compared to likes of Cyborg, GL, Superman, Aquaman etc. and it's not very rewarding with gunshots only doing 4% and cupcake and pop pop having huge recovery.

Even more annoying when other chars got buffed or the gdlk chars barely got touched

I always had her as low-mid but with this nerf, she's just ****. She needed help but got kicked in the face (Lighten up will ya etc.)

Probably gonna switch chars now or not even play the game.

maybe you could drop Harley for Batgirl, she seems pretty cute good.

:P

Nah I'm using green lantern now. He's my boy.

Nah I'm using green lantern now. He's my boy.

You don't play characters with a personal fire hose

• Registered Users Posts: 45 IIII Easy IIII

Takes a good few frames for armour to kick in though right? You'd have a 2f gap so I don't think that's enough to stop b2,2. And about jumping, not sure how long the pre-jump frames are in this game, never tested it pre-patch.

Gonna have to be extremely creative with mixups and mindgames with her to get damage, hopefully we can find stuff. Right now, she's a mediocre zoning character.

You think Harley is a zoning Character??? You're crying about 2,d3 being nerfed!? Dude come on, Harley is a rushdown character and if you have trouble opening people up then clearly you haven't played around with jump 3 or jump 2 cancel into air gunshot to make people think twice about crouching after your jump in.... 3,3 hit - jump in safe as ****, use that and mix it up with cancels to air shots. 2,d3 is not a frametrap anymore but she still has the fastest 1 in the game, quit crying and adapt.

my only complaint about Harley is that her f3 hops over crouching opponents at close range, the only character in the game that this happens to as far as i know... THAT'S worth crying about!!!

That....... Is not a good mix up.

f2,3 - neutral jump, is the new mixup to replace 2, d3! Play around with it...

if f2,3 hits, then forward jump, simplez

• Advertisement

You think Harley is a zoning Character??? You're crying about 2,d3 being nerfed!? Dude come on, Harley is a rushdown character and if you have trouble opening people up then clearly you haven't played around with jump 3 or jump 2 cancel into air gunshot to make people think twice about crouching after your jump in.... 3,3 hit - jump in safe as ****, use that and mix it up with cancels to air shots. 2,d3 is not a frametrap anymore but she still has the fastest 1 in the game, quit crying and adapt.

tumblr_lyyhuyQCJZ1qbwgwg.gif

I have no words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

post taken from reo on TYM....

"This is what Tom Brady and I feel is the current standing for all characters after the patch.

S Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam, Catwoman, Killer Frost, Green Lantern, Nightwing, Superman
    A+ Cyborg, Doomsday, Hawkgirl, Raven, Sinestro
    A Green Arrow, Harley Quinn, Shazam, Solomon Grundy, The Flash, Wonder Woman
    B Ares, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, The Joker
    C Bane, Lobo

Changes from the last tier list are below:

*Deathstroke got hit the hardest. He now potentially loses to almost every S tier character he used to beat or go even with
    *Solomon Grundy losing his ability to go for an unclashable 30%+ throw for guaranteed damage really hurt him and has caused him to move down
    *Nightwing losing Deathstroke as a tough match and fairing better against Cyborg now has caused him to move up
    *Green Lantern losing Deathstroke as a losing match has now caused him to move up
    *Catwoman no longer losing to Deathstroke as a bad match in addition to the huge overhead buff has moved her up
    *Hawkgirl losing Deathstroke as a tough match and fairing better against Cyborg now has moved her up
    *Shazam full invincible wake-up buff in addition to his trait has caused him to slightly move up
    *Wonder Woman losing damage and positioning in her overall juggles has moved her down
    *Sinestro buff to his trait and wake-up game has caused him to move up
    *Cyborg losing his mid-hitting instant aerial fireballs has caused him to move down
    *Batgirl undecided as of now (she will be ranked next week)"

discuss?

also @easy batman has the fastest standing 1 at 5 frames :)

also @easy batman has the fastest standing 1 at 5 frames

Touché

I wonder why cyborg is considered a tier since he was only s+ b/c of mid hitting air fb

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Though I am a big Dick fan...

I always suspected.

I still think green lantern and superman are the top two in the game atm although batgirl may soon top that list and although i didnt think deathstroke needed the nerfs I'm glad I don't have to deal with him anymore

yjqMLqs.png

Harley is at least a B. She has to commit to unsafe things up close now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I gave up on this game on day 2 and even I know that throwing out Harleys air shot after a blocked jumpin is utter suicide, hell that **** was unsafe on block even at it's max range. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

I love how Nightwing has moved from high-tier to top-tier without any changes being made to him, just because Deathstroke got nerfed into the ground.

Advertisement