Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

deathrider wrote: »
    You and I both know that the last thing the world ever needs is to see a DC character and an MK character on screen at once again.

I'm a big comic fan (though I'd be more Marvel than DC), but I still wouldn't throw down for DLC characters. Especially if they are already talking about them. As Doom said, they should have been keeping an eye on how things went for Capcom with SFxT.

i think i maybe one of the few people who enjoyed mk vs dc, maybe its just cause i could beat up on flash superman etc with baraka :rolleyes: still prop the worst thing midway/NRS have done though

yea i know its kinda sucky alright :(

....saying that if for some reason mileena and baraka are DLC, WB can take all my money lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

i think i maybe one of the few people who enjoyed mk vs dc, maybe its just cause i could beat up on flash superman etc with baraka :rolleyes: still prop the worst thing midway/NRS have done though

yea i know its kinda sucky alright :(

....saying that if for some reason mileena and baraka are DLC, WB can take all my money lol

I reckon if it was a case of one or two MK heads showing up (just for good measure), you'd probably just be looking at poster-boys like Raiden and Scorpion.

I reckon if it was a case of one or two MK heads showing up (just for good measure), you'd probably just be looking at poster-boys like Raiden and Scorpion.

ya never know, kano got put in that batman game they helped make but ya know me i just want some tarkatan blood to be in there :rolleyes:

ya never know, kano got put in that batman game they helped make but ya know me i just want some tarkatan blood to be in there :rolleyes:

I never knew about Kano appearing in a Batman game. Was that Batman Forever or Batman and Robin, or one of those old SNES ones with the digitized actors?

I never knew about Kano appearing in a Batman game. Was that Batman Forever or Batman and Robin, or one of those old SNES ones with the digitized actors?

behold.....

• Advertisement

Haha, that's fantastic! I've never even heard of Kano's appearance in that. I really must get around to playing Batman: AC. I loved AA.

EDIT: just noticed it was Lockdown. Boon's boys worked on that, didn't they?

Haha, that's fantastic! I've never even heard of Kano's appearance in that. I really must get around to playing Batman: AC. I loved AA.

EDIT: just noticed it was Lockdown. Boon's boys worked on that, didn't they?

indeed they did, it was made for ipad or iphone or something.
    never played it, just saw that vid when it was posted on tym

Ah, good stuff.

E3 reveal interview with boon....

E3 reveal interview with boon....

Must comment on the game, not the eyebrows...

So... Eh... hows about them eyebrows? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No block button confirmed

Hold back to block

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/210109393084235777

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No block button confirmed

Hold back to block

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/210109393084235777

Thank christ.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This is what's known as a positive!

I look forward to ambiguous superman flying cross up set ups

I certainly didn't see that coming.

I certainly didn't see that coming.
    That's called a cross up. You'll have to get used to it now that you'll be holding back.

And then the weird gameplay mechanics start to appear.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/06/risky-business-the-injustice-gods-among-us-clash-system/

In this case the Clash system.

When you do a combo on me I can press Forward+X to break it. The game then goes into a cinematic of the heroes comic book style trash talking each other.

While the characters are doing their thing each player can bet portions of their meter. Whoever bets the most wins the exchange.

If the defender wins they get all their health back from that interrupted combo.
    If the attacker wins they deal the damage already accumulated plus a little extra on top.

Each player can't tell what their opponent bet, so you can use the Clash to actually try break the combo, or you can be sneaky and only bet a small amount to try force your opponent to burn meter in exchange for some damage.

It's a funky little idea that at first glance I hate, but am curious to see if it actually works in practice.

Since they can't show how much you're betting on screen without alerting your opponent, I imagine each face button is worth 25% or something and you press however many you want to bet. (Total guess work on my part there)

You can see it in practice here at 4:03

not going to lie not pleased there no block button but its not mk so i dont mind them trying new things...but if theres no block button in mk10 i Mr.Boon is losing some eyebrows

the clash thing seems really crazy, interesting on how that pans out.

also any updates on injustice are getting front paged on tym so it be a good place to get alot of the info over the next while

I'm not really minding the clash mechanic, sounds like a variation on the TAC stuff in Marvel (which for those that don't play it, is in the air the combo-er can press launcher and a direction- if the combo-ee presses the same direction and launcher, the combo gets interupted (probably saving the character from death)and the combo-er flung to the far end of the screen. If the combo-ee guesses wrong, the combo-er either gets enxtra damage, removes one bar of meter from the combo-ee or gains a free meter).

Long as the cinematics don't get unecessarily long.

Also, if the person getting comboed has more meter, doesn't this mean they stop it for free, effectively?

That clash mechanic sounds really interesting, but I am glad they're trying it in a game I'm not too bothered about.

Sirlin is going to cream himself when he hears about this. I'm calling that now :pac:
    Also, if the person getting comboed has more meter, doesn't this mean they stop it for free, effectively?

It sounds more like if the person being comboed has more meter:

(1) If he is willing to spend all of it, he stops it for the cost of all his meter (not free)

(2) If he can trick his opponent into thinking he WILL spend all his meter, his opponent won't bother better much if he has less overall, and he can escape for cheap

(3) If meters are relatively equal, he can try getting out, or fake betting more with the intention of just taking the damage to get his opponent to spent all HIS meter.

Long as the cinematics don't get unecessarily long.
    That's one thing that is worrying me at the moment.

Currently Clashes last 8 seconds (taking the Harley/Flash one above as the standard)
    Superman's super (where he knocks you into orbit) is 10 seconds long.
    Batman's super (combos on you and finishes with a drop kicks) is 11 seconds.
    Knocking someone through a building takes between 10 and 14 seconds (haven't bothered to go back and find a clear video of that)

That is a lot of down time in a match especially since many of those can happen multiple times in a game.

• Advertisement

more info...seems like the game will be working off a light medium heavy and a special char button

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-injustice-gods/731823

I'm also not too sure about this clash deal. On the other hand though, back-to-block, and a light, heavy, special set-up is grand with me. I was playing SF since before MK, so I'm happy either way.

injustice has IN GAME FRAME DATA!!!! (source https://twitter.com/#!/vvv_cdjr)
    it also has trades with normals unlike mk

this is awesome, this game shaping up to be epic,
    really hope they include this stuff in next mk (minus back for block of course :rolleyes:)

just tweeted pako (paulo garica) to ask about the combo system in the game..

"it's a chain based / free style juggle system not link based." was the reply

lmhs chain based with a betting style mechanic... sounding more like Marvel :D

Injustice Interview w/ Senior Producer Adam Urbano on day 2 of E3...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

They seem to be stating that certain characters will be far better on certain stages. Whether you let players choose the stage or just randomly select it, it seems to be a feature that will not work well in a tournament environment.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    They seem to be stating that certain characters will be far better on certain stages. Whether you let players choose the stage or just randomly select it, it seems to be a feature that will not work well in a tournament environment.

If possible, the Tournament scene for this game can just adopt the American Smash Bros scene approach.

For the first game in a set, only some stages (the "legal" ones) are allowed.

For the second game and subsequent games, the "counterpick" stages are available.

The remaining stages are banned.

Or the Japanese Smash Scene approach as far as I can remember is to ban all but the three stages that give no advantage to anyone.

This would of course all be dependent on Netherrealm making ENOUGH stages so that players have a decent selection, and specifically including a few symmetrical non-gimmicky stages for tournament play.

Soul Calibur's stages also benefit different characters more than others due to some having limited or no ring out options.

All they do is randomly select a stage to begin with and then the loser gets to pick the next stage.

• Advertisement

If possible, the Tournament scene for this game can just adopt the American Smash Bros scene approach.

For the first game in a set, only some stages (the "legal" ones) are allowed.

For the second game and subsequent games, the "counterpick" stages are available.

The remaining stages are banned.

Or the Japanese Smash Scene approach as far as I can remember is to ban all but the three stages that give no advantage to anyone.

This would of course all be dependent on Netherrealm making ENOUGH stages so that players have a decent selection, and specifically including a few symmetrical non-gimmicky stages for tournament play.

i really doubt that will happen though, the stages are being pumped up as one of the main parts of the game so a ban on them doesnt seem likely unless theres some really broken stuff for a certain stage

im dont have much know knowledge about the smash bros banning and such so cant really comment on it but my view on bans is, unless it is totally broken and breaks the game it shouldnt be banned

Advertisement