Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Some of the setups that gadget characters get off interactables are pretty crazy but they're far more situational than a power character just chucking the interactables right at you, and I do believe there's more stages that favour the power characters.

Sinestro on Wayne's Manor, with the car in the corner (which has an extra chance of coming up since there's a night version of the exact same level), all 3 parts of Metropolis, Stryker's Island Prison Yard (that dumbbell covers pretty much the entire screen, even behind you, which is stupid), Atlantis. All stages that favour power characters with less situational interactables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

GorySnake wrote: »
    Some of the setups that gadget characters get off interactables are pretty crazy but they're far more situational than a power character just chucking the interactables right at you, and I do believe there's more stages that favour the power characters.

Sinestro on Wayne's Manor, with the car in the corner (which has an extra chance of coming up since there's a night version of the exact same level), all 3 parts of Metropolis, Stryker's Island Prison Yard (that dumbbell covers pretty much the entire screen, even behind you, which is stupid), Atlantis. All stages that favour power characters with less situational interactables.

I'd agree that power characters naturally gain an advantage with interactables for their ease of use, allowing a fire-and-forget option

Gadget characters can't just saunter over to an interactable and chuck it for free damage [Atlantis Snowglobe] however, they do have the best use when a situation arises.

I also think the ratio of Power to gadgets is tipped heavly towards power when the tier lists come to mind e.g Supes, Aquaman, GL, Sinestro, WW, BA.
    Power is a more common choice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Pardon the intrusion- but if interactables are becoming a problem, why not just turn them off?

Pardon the intrusion- but if interactables are becoming a problem, why not just turn them off?

I dont think they're that much of a problem for the most part, there are certain ones I feel that are overpowered because of how much of the stage they cover (the ones I mentioned in particular), and I think the ability to meter burn an interactable to gain 5 hits of armour is ridiculous and should be removed.

Otherwise I do like the addition of interactables because its a new element in a fighting game that you need to consider in your spacing and stage control.

It's really stage dependant, some of them are great because they do play a mind game on people not to commit to e.g zone

Themyscira is a fine stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

well you listed two stages there that i feel gadgets do better on there so ill just say way i think why.

atlantis: mutli use of corner pipe rather than once, can combo off bomb plants (plus the plants invincible) and a extra interactable in the pipe in center.

stryker: inside, left side screen two multi use interactables for zoning rather than one use, right side full combo rather than knockdown. center invincible bomb plant.
    outside, again multi use of corner interactables that can also combo into and both chars can throw barrels.

with metropolis im not sure, rooftop is fine for gadets now, the returning floating char prob does swag it power characters way though.
    dont see what buzz about the manor is though, theres the inside which fair game aswell

nah man there fine apart from 3-4 theres ways around all them without taking damage, there'd be a part of the game missing if they turned them off in my opinion

This debate is gonna come down to personal preference but to me, those stages favour power characters.

For Atlantis, the glass smash is much harder to deal with than the corner pipe, only Batman can dodge it on reaction with a double jump, pretty much everyone else just has to eat the hit. Gadget characters can re-use the corner pipe but if your character has a move that keeps them airborne for longer you can dodge the pipe on reaction everytime. Interactable 1 character can deal with > interactable half the cast can deal with. As for the bomb plants vs throwing, throwing the interactables is harder to deal with. They're a threat no matter where you are on screen as long as your opponent is right beside it, bomb plants require both players to be beside the interactable, the space that bomb plants threaten is far smaller. Also center pipe is nothing, just a movement option, not exactly a game changer.

For Stryker's Island, I was more specifically talking about the Prison Yard section with the dumbbell, but inside favours power characters as well, the left corner isn't that strong for gadget characters even if they can re-use them. The turret only does 8% and the shotgun has tiny range. Another thing about gadget characters getting to re-use them, they're still available for your opponent to use as well, with a power character they get their 20% and take the interactable out of play for the rest of the match.

Wayne Manor I'm just gonna say the car is one of the dumbest interactables in the game, covering 90% of the screen and doing 22% damage. Sure you can jump over them but if you're not in their face when they use it, you're getting hit.

I agree with Nutrient, make more stages like Themyscira. Probably the most well made stage in terms of interactables.

This debate is gonna come down to personal preference but to me, those stages favour power characters.

For Atlantis, the glass smash is much harder to deal with than the corner pipe, only Batman can dodge it on reaction with a double jump, pretty much everyone else just has to eat the hit. Gadget characters can re-use the corner pipe but if your character has a move that keeps them airborne for longer you can dodge the pipe on reaction everytime. Interactable 1 character can deal with > interactable half the cast can deal with. As for the bomb plants vs throwing, throwing the interactables is harder to deal with. They're a threat no matter where you are on screen as long as your opponent is right beside it, bomb plants require both players to be beside the interactable, the space that bomb plants threaten is far smaller. Also center pipe is nothing, just a movement option, not exactly a game changer.

For Stryker's Island, I was more specifically talking about the Prison Yard section with the dumbbell, but inside favours power characters as well, the left corner isn't that strong for gadget characters even if they can re-use them. The turret only does 8% and the shotgun has tiny range. Another thing about gadget characters getting to re-use them, they're still available for your opponent to use as well, with a power character they get their 20% and take the interactable out of play for the rest of the match.

Wayne Manor I'm just gonna say the car is one of the dumbest interactables in the game, covering 90% of the screen and doing 22% damage. Sure you can jump over them but if you're not in their face when they use it, you're getting hit.

I agree with Nutrient, make more stages like Themyscira. Probably the most well made stage in terms of interactables.

yea i know alot to prefrence and opinion

with altantis the glass break has a longer recovery that pipe, making it easier to MB f3 dash cancel into a full corner combo, always worth the trade unless its gong to kill you :)
    also everyone can just jump back to avoid at right distance, this is not a batman only thing.

stykers island, barbell and box on left are indeed bull**** on the outside but i think u underrate the zoning you can do with the turret and shotgun behind you, low damge yes but there unblockables and your opponent cant throw them at you if your in front of them

manor, yea the car is hella cheap with the range but as you said theres ways round it rather it be making whiff in the 10% it doesnt hit or just jump over ifclose, its not the bad when compared to others
    (ask lar to show you the most broken interactables haha, there is some NOONE is talking about that are broke as pre-patch scorpion :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Really interested in Zatanna as a 2nd, that fireball/teleport looks sick (similar to Sim in SFIV) and looks like she has loads of reset potential off that MB mind control thing.

ImnotgoingtobeafanboyImnotgoingtobeafanboyImnotgoingtobeafanboyImnotgoingtobeafanboyImnotgoingtobeafanboyImnotgoingtobeafanboyImnotgoingtobeafanboy

WHY IS SHE CASTING MAGIC AND TALKING FORWARDS AT THE SAME TIME NYAAARGH!

• Advertisement

I think they did that so her combos aren't annoying to listen to. I saw a video of her having no clue about the character and when I heard all the incantations I was like, **** she's gonna be worse than a BB character.

Character looks cool.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Really interested in Zatanna as a 2nd, that fireball/teleport looks sick (similar to Sim in SFIV) and looks like she has loads of reset potential off that MB mind control thing.

yea i agree, looks really cool.
    yea that trance thing looks like a copy and paste job of quan chis from mk9 and that was loadsa fun lol
    ya see she also resets them off the 1st combo and then hits the pig, hard to tell with what cause of the camera switch
    I think they did that so her combos aren't annoying to listen to. I saw a video of her having no clue about the character and when I heard all the incantations I was like, **** she's gonna be worse than a BB character.

Character looks cool.

yea same with me man, never heard of her till very recent and when looked up a video on youtube and she start talking was like wtf?

she does look interesting though...that hover :cool:

I don't see how words said backwards would be any more annoying than "Tatsumakisenpukyaku" or Lui Kang or Raiden randomly shouting "Yabidabidaaaaa" as an injoke...

Rassumfrassum

I don't see how words said backwards would be any more annoying than "Tatsumakisenpukyaku" or Lui Kang or Raiden randomly shouting "Yabidabidaaaaa" as an injoke...

Rassumfrassum

hey hey hey!
    johnnys in the car and turn off the sega are tight man :cool:

lui kang though, yea hes annoying in everything he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 IIII Easy IIII

Interactables getting you down? Feel like there's no way out? Have you tried ........ dashing!? Dashing has been proven to have complete invincibility to all attacks, EVEN INTERACTABLES :o The "dashing" technology was first discovered in training mode when would-be champions would spar against A.I. opponents set to the highest difficulty level. These future champions would mindlessly chuck interactables at their opponent presuming they would hit ;) But WTF? The explosion animation clears and the opponent is unscathed. >:( After some investigative gaming by some top level players its was discovered that the A.I. could dash and/or wakeup attack with invincibilty on their first available frame :/ Not happy with this revelation there was an uproar within the Injustice community (as there is every week).So, being the kind souls that they are; NRS quickly hotfixed the problem giving players the same wakeup options as the A.I. :D So next time interactables are making you either blue or red in the face, Hit the lab and practice......... "Dashing". Coz you're worth it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 IIII Easy IIII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_1SKCBWAj0 A painful example to watch but an example nonetheless. (First one I found) Basically just practice dashing out of interactables with your chacacter and the stages wont matter much anymore. Street fighter is 5 years old and there's still new tech being discovered. Injustice is only a baby but everyone is crying for this and that to be changed without putting time in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Its true that dashing has a huge impact on interactables, as does teleports.

Another thing to consider with stage choice is the stage transitions! and ones that are followed up by interactables. Some characters have huge advantage on those stages such as batgirl and superman and green bastard.

At first it really annoyed me but a bit of randomness and BS from the interactables make the game more exciting and fun to watch. It also allows some of the slower power characters to deal with projectiles.

To be honest I think its best to just play the game as designed and not introduce any new rules. There are too many variables to single out interactables. At the end of the day that is why there is a 50/50 chance of getting the level you want at the selection screen. People can pick their character and stage and take their chances.

Balance Suggestions: Perfect Legend, M2Dave, Forever King, THTB and PLAYING TO WIN

Untitled_zps7e91af02.jpg

No comment on batgirl....what

There was a major amount of other changes that were just plain aggitating, mostly the poorly dubbed and ironic 'Rationale' suggestions

Just had to point out PL comment

Green Lantern
    - trait shouldn't recover that fast or stay active for as long as it does. Hes just as silly as superman at the start of the match and everything he does is safe.

Black Adam
    - b23 should not be + on block it is pretty much Superman's f23

Already found a glitch with Zatanna.

If you teleport right after activating trait it ends the trait immediately and puts it on cooldown.

Already found a glitch with Zatanna.

If you teleport right after activating trait it ends the trait immediately and puts it on cooldown.

puppet master not working right online(doesnt reverse inputs) is only glitch i know of atm, but sure look at zod, give it time lol

edit: misread what u wrote, yea that does seem like a glitch alright, at least the cooldown only 5 seconds

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »

screw zod were my klassic scorpion :P

the talk on TYM about her trait has been so funny.
    "yo dawg she cant jump,crouch,use interactables and if she gets hit or blocks anything it goes.useless"
    to
    "yo dwag look at all this chip that there is no possible way for me to avoid, nerf this bitch"

:confused:

gory you been messing with zatanna much more?

also fergus you said you were going to give her a look, better fit that harley so far?

seems like a character you have to invest alot of time in to get good with that she so setup heavy

Nah not really, she'd suit my style pretty well with her annoying teleport runaway playstyle, but her bad normals and the effort of learning her puts me off.

Been spending a lot more time playing as Raven and Wonder Woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Yeah I plan to pick the game up properly in a while, will try Zatanna for sure.

Nah not really, she'd suit my style pretty well with her annoying teleport runaway playstyle, but her bad normals and the effort of learning her puts me off.

Been spending a lot more time playing as Raven and Wonder Woman.

yea ive been trying to see what shes about, found some nice setups but getting the hit for those setups with her killer frost no range normals is tough lol
    she can do the same ghetto reset GL can do with the dashing under lift which cool.

yea lar suggested i give raven a look cause i love to play the lame game aswell, did give wonder woman a go but shes too rushdown based for me

Ridiculously enthusiastic commenter on a recent IJ video. I have no idea what they are talking about. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7mYKsy-GEA&feature=em-comment_received&lc=o1Hut7XKogqz6b5B7cSwZBNLyR6TgKB4PlC8mSdBpmU&lch=email&lcor=1

Ridiculously enthusiastic commenter on a recent IJ video. I have no idea what they are talking about. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7mYKsy-GEA&feature=em-comment_received&lc=o1Hut7XKogqz6b5B7cSwZBNLyR6TgKB4PlC8mSdBpmU&lch=email&lcor=1

yea he seems happy alright lol

pretty much even though cyborgs 113 launches you dont have enough time to catch them with a string to juggle them and normally would just have to do 113~special normally.
    cyborgs df/b2 moves are dash cancelable so using 113~sd dash cancel you reduce your recovery frames from the 113 and can catch them with a normal before they hit the ground to get more damage than your normally would.

you should reply saying did he know u can b3 off a j2 done after grappling hook and it combos, prob blow the poor lads mind lol

yea he seems happy alright lol

pretty much even though cyborgs 113 launches you dont have enough time to catch them with a string to juggle them and normally would just have to do 113~special normally.
    cyborgs df/b2 moves are dash cancelable so using 113~sd dash cancel you reduce your recovery frames from the 113 and can catch them with a normal before they hit the ground to get more damage than your normally would.

you should reply saying did he know u can b3 off a j2 done after grappling hook and it combos, prob blow the poor lads mind lol

I'm gonna do that now, although it's kinda stealing jun's glory. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I'm gonna do that now, although it's kinda stealing jun's glory. lol

the only glory i can claim is the glory of playin' like a b*tch

Advertisement