Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

i really doubt that will happen though, the stages are being pumped up as one of the main parts of the game so a ban on them doesnt seem likely unless theres some really broken stuff for a certain stage

im dont have much know knowledge about the smash bros banning and such so cant really comment on it but my view on bans is, unless it is totally broken and breaks the game it shouldnt be banned

Don't forget Developer intent does not equal community desire (gems anyone?)

Hardcore players/tournament viability aren't where the money is; making an awesome spectacle so casual players will buy your game is.

Smash Bros Melee is super fun, and surprisingly deep, but it's basically a party game that Nintendo made that accidentally turned out to be a great competitive fighter. They seem to actively dislike the hardcore/competitive interpretation of their game, and tried to make it less viable with Brawl.

I seriously doubt Injustice would have stages with as significant an impact on gameplay as Smash Bros, but just to provide you with an example of why the bans are necessary:

(The only thing you really need to know about Smash Bros when looking at these levels is that you have lives (usually 3) and you lose a life every time you leave the screen)

Battlefield: Tournament Allowed

Final Destination: Tournament Allowed

Poké Floats: Banned

Icicle Mountain: Banned

Why some are okay and some are not should be fairly evident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

very good point about the gems.

thanks alot for the videos, i see what u mean now,
    the squirtle stage looks well messed up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Sairus wrote: »
    Soul Calibur's stages also benefit different characters more than others due to some having limited or no ring out options.

All they do is randomly select a stage to begin with and then the loser gets to pick the next stage.

Actually I believe tournament standard is that the loser can chose to randomly select the stage again or stick with the current one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

DarkTalant wrote: »
    Actually I believe tournament standard is that the loser can chose to randomly select the stage again or stick with the current one...
    Oh woops! So it is!

I only looked that up a couple weeks ago too :pac:

explains how meter, clashes , health bars, rounds, clash will work

http://testyourmight.com/threads/gamespot-article-explains-meter-system-clashes-and-more.18128/

• Advertisement

TYM wrote: »
    you can now hit-confirm into enhanced special moves.
    The example given is one of Batman's specials has him grapple hook someone and slam them to the ground.
    However once the hook connects, but before he slams them, you can burn one meter to have them bounce off the ground for comboing purposes.

Hit confirmable EXs is definitely an interesting thing.

Also, Harley having random items as her unique Trait. It's like they're going out of their way to make me hate her even more :pac:

Hit confirmable EXs is definitely an interesting thing.

they had this in mk vs dc aswell, it was pretty cool

like baraka would do his chop chop blades and be able to change the move at certain frames in the hit animation,i really liked it,
    the sound effect it made when happened was cool too :pac:

edit,found a fix of it :D

Siliconera has a wee bit of a writeup that does some details on character traits and stage interactions:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/11/injustice-gods-among-us-is-more-like-blazblue-than-youd-expect/

Of special note is this:
    Specials also seemed to be a bit more standardized, with down-back and down-forward and an attack button performing specials for just about everyone.
    Another of my personal hatreds of MK taken out of this game. GGs NetherRealm.

SRK have a fairly in depth article about this up now.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/20/shoryuken-e3-injustice-gods-among-us-preview/

It runs through their hands on time with it at E3 with a proper fighter's view on things.

SRK have a fairly in depth article about this up now.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/20/shoryuken-e3-injustice-gods-among-us-preview/

It runs through their hands on time with it at E3 with a proper fighter's view on things.

was just going to post same link there, ya beat me to it :p

more and more i read about this game the more it sounds like blazblue/marvel
    (im not saying thats a bad thing either btw)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A lot of good things being mentioned about this game but the MK style combos coupled with the extreme sounding cinematics and the volume of them are making it sound like this could be a very frustrating game to play.

Kudos to the devs for trying so much different stuff though, they could have easily sold bajillions by basically making this an MK skin.

I think it was clever of them to implement the Blazblue: "Light, Medium, Heavy, Gimmick" button system. That's incredibly newbie friendly and makes people feel like they're awesome even when they don't know what they're doing.

I'm not sold on a purchase, but I'm definitely interested in playing it.

Only thing I dislike the sound of is the length of the cinematics.

A lot of good things being mentioned about this game but the MK style combos coupled with the extreme sounding cinematics and the volume of them are making it sound like this could be a very frustrating game to play.

Kudos to the devs for trying so much different stuff though, they could have easily sold bajillions by basically making this an MK skin.

there has been talk off some stages being made that do not have those cinematics from changing from one part of the stage to the other but still have the environmental hazards, if this happens or not is another thing

yea i see how the mk combo system could put some off, prob same reason why i wouldnt like if it had a SF style combo system, its just whatever were used to i guess,
    i did find it so funny in the SRK review they said "there aren't hit confirms,so to speak" because of this,there are hit confirms in mk already LMFAO!!!

there has been talk off some stages being made that do not have those cinematics from changing from one part of the stage to the other but still have the environmental hazards, if this happens or not is another thing

yea i see how the mk combo system could put some off, prob same reason why i wouldnt like if it had a SF style combo system, its just whatever were used to i guess,
    i did find it so funny in the SRK review they said "there aren't hit confirms,so to speak" because of this,there are hit confirms in mk already LMFAO!!!

I actually just meant that combos in MK tend to last a lot longer than, say, SF4, and coupled with the super/transition/ trade cinematics its all adding up in my mind to just too much time not actually playing. I would have said the same thing if they'd said comboing feels like blazblue/ UMvC! I've already been put off many newer FGs because of this. The only one I can tolerate it in for some reason is KoF (perhaps because even though combos are long, they're fast and long, if you get me).

Of course, it could turn out no one ever uses some of them, or that they're banned or as you say there's some stages with none and it feels good.

I actually just meant that combos in MK tend to last a lot longer than, say, SF4, and coupled with the super/transition/ trade cinematics its all adding up in my mind to just too much time not actually playing. I would have said the same thing if they'd said comboing feels like blazblue/ UMvC! I've already been put off many newer FGs because of this. The only one I can tolerate it in for some reason is KoF (perhaps because even though combos are long, they're fast and long, if you get me).

Of course, it could turn out no one ever uses some of them, or that they're banned or as you say there's some stages with none and it feels good.

ah right i get what your saying now, i can dig it.
    yea supermans super that was shown was crazy long, grundys and harley werent so bad length wise...but also not as cool looking and that what counts lol

yea i still dont know what to make of that trade system thing, hopefully it will be designed so it doesnt be happen a few times a round and what not, the double health bar instead of having two rounds is a strange one aswell.

i think this game might be the marmite of FGs when it comes out, people are either going to love all this new stuff or hate it and make them not want to play it

reading in the SRK review i like that batman has a instant air projectile, im well more interested in playing him now than my original choice of harley (of the four shown so far)

double health bar instead of having two rounds is a strange one aswell.

Killer Instinct did this as well.

I'm not sure how it affected balance or pacing or anything since that game was broken to all hell :pac:

15 mins of footage from evo..

new trailer, hints on story details

Nightwing and Cyborg confirmed.

Nightwing, for those who don't know, is the first Robin all growded up.

Now now NRS, don't be doing the MK ninja thing and have the entire bat- family in the game :D

Cyborg is an interesting one, I would consider him a b-tier character for DC at best but they keep pushing him. Basically he's a dude who has a tragic accident. He gets loads of shiny robotic implants. Iron Man he is not though and despite being bumped up to the Justice league and appearing in Smallville I don't think he has what it takes to catch the public eye. He WILL make an interesting character for an FG though.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/07/11/nightwing-and-cyborg-join-the-injustice-gods-among-us-cast/

EDIT: Not sure about those health bars, but just personal opinion. I like them simple, straight and yellow/green. Nothing should in the tiniest way make it harder for you to check your health in the middle of a fight.

Yar, I'm definitely not gone on the life bars in their current form. I'll give them a break until I see some actual direct feed footage though. A camera recording of a large reflective screen can often make things harder to read than they actually are. Having said that, having white health bars seems like a bad idea right off the bat. There are large patches of white skies in those stages, so it might be difficult to see them.

I'm still not gone on the character designs in this game, but at least Cyborg slots nicely into NRS' design aesthetic.

• Advertisement

Nightwing and Cyborg confirmed.

Cyborg is an interesting one

This is all you need to know:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

This is all you need to know:

what a beast, I know who I'm maining now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

The latest gameplay trailer makes the game look like a lot of fun. Tons of juggle-combo potential by the looks of things. Personally though, I'm more interested in Boon saying that if all goes well with this game, NRS's next game won't be a fighter. Linky!

deathrider wrote: »
    I'm more interested in Boon saying that if all goes well with this game, NRS's next game won't be a fighter.
    Aw man, that'll be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm kinda hoping it would be something completely new. A new IP altogether. I'd love to see what kinda madness he'd come up with. And just for the record, MK:SM was a hell of a fun game!

A good move I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

A good move I think!

Tis, now add Doomsday and make em S tier then we're good

Nutrient wrote: »
    Tis, now add Doomsday and make em S tier then we're good

Yeah, I like my DC and I want to see Doomsday, Deathstroke and Darkseid or the like as the bad guys in games like this, not harvey and sodding catwoman, who're in for name brand but don't make for inspiring FG fodder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Hoping Raven gets into this. The original emo.

I would say Cap, but it's wrong to wish such an unfair beating upon these DC frauds.

Advertisement