Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Nutrient wrote: »
    Also, get this...ALL Frame Data on the pause menu in the command list
    That's pretty sick.

I know DoA5 can display frame data in training, but I don't think it has a solid list of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Sairus wrote: »

Spotted this ealiar on, but was too lazy to even watch it, nevermind post it :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well, that's DC's Hawkeye AND Deadpool covered, lol

Fun fact: in case you think I am joking, Deathstroke's real name is "Slade Wilson".

Fun fact: in case you think I am joking, Deathstroke's real name is "Slade Wilson".

I didn't know that. I've heard that Deadpool was created pretty much as a piss take of Deathstroke though.

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    I didn't know that. I've heard that Deadpool was created pretty much as a piss take of Deathstroke though.

That's pretty much accepted as 100% fact.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't know that! Awesome.
    Do they often reference each other Dan/SNK style?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

In the Teen Titans TV series, they renamed Deathstroke to Slade because it's a children's show.

Also, he made a habit of beating up young heroes, and kinda (?) succeeded in mentally corrupting one of them into a villain.

It doesn't happen as often as you might think- I guess either Disney/Marvel were worried about potentially getting sued and losing the ability to use one of their most popular characters, or just embarrased a company called "the house of ideas" has a major character ripped off their opposition. Deadpool was never meant to succeed the way he has. There's one issue of a Batman/ Superman crossover, if I recall, where an "alternate reality" version of Deathstroke shows up. He's all jokey and light hearted but every time he tries to say his name he gets interrupted. I think once he even gets a "My name is W-" out.

I really hope he says "Taunt Button" or something during the game.

For those interested in the plot behind these characters, moreso than most of his own rogues, Deathstroke is the dark version of Batman. He's a tactical fighter, well trained, nearly unbeatable, and the lower grades of good guys won't take him on without out numbering him hugely as he inspires such fear.

Kiki correctly pointed out he was most famously known as an enemy of the teen titans, although the trailer above seems to play on his rivallry with Green Arrow more (which makes it more of a shame it's not the "levelled up" Olly in the game- when he upgrades his skills he's shown to be able to beat Deathstroke).

It's a good sign for fanboys that Injustice is taking some of the lesser known, but still popular characters for the game.

It's a good sign for fanboys that Injustice is taking some of the lesser known, but still popular characters for the game.

In fairness though, Deathstroke had already appeared in MK Vs DCU. That's where I learned of him. So he'd be known to Mk players, who of course are Boon's audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

He's a tactical fighter, well trained, nearly unbeatable, and the lower grades of good guys won't take him on without out numbering him hugely as he inspires such fear.

So he's Deadpool AND Taskmaster at the same time?

So he's Deadpool AND Taskmaster at the same time?

Taskmaster's actually usually a bit of a joke in the MU, recently he had a scrap with Cap A who "THIS joker with a skull for a head" was, as he tends to have a hard time from that type of villain.

Cap must have already met Taskmaster 4-5 times a that point. lol.

I'd say he's closer to Sabretooth or someone in the sense that $%^& is usually about to get real when he shows up.

Taskmaster's actually usually a bit of a joke in the MU, recently he had a scrap with Cap A who "THIS joker with a skull for a head" was, as he tends to have a hard time from that type of villain.

I don't follow Marvel that closely but shouldn't Cap be pretty much incapable of beating Taskmaster in a straight fight? (Didn't he beat ALL the Avengers at once by himself back in the day?)

Has he really been nerfed that badly? I thought has presence in MVC3 was an indication he was due some love. :(

So yeah, about that DC... honestly I have a hard time thinking of DC characters I'd like to see outside of Batmans rogues gallery and GENERAL ZOD (must be directly from Superman II complete with jumpsuit and catchphrase).

I don't follow Marvel that closely but shouldn't Cap be pretty much incapable of beating Taskmaster in a straight fight? (Didn't he beat ALL the Avengers at once by himself back in the day?)

Has he really been nerfed that badly? I thought has presence in MVC3 was an indication he was due some love. :(

So yeah, about that DC... honestly I have a hard time thinking of DC characters I'd like to see outside of Batmans rogues gallery and GENERAL ZOD (must be directly from Superman II complete with jumpsuit and catchphrase).

There's a strong argument to say Cap's tactically smarter than Taskmaster and he's probably a lot stronger/ quicker than him.

Yeah, he was nerfed pretty hard, occasionally he makes a come back though.

I want Blue Beetle. Pretty much the only non Batman character I like.

I imagine Hawkman and Martian Manhunter won't be too long showing up.

Also, Deathstroke is currently in that Arrow TV show so that's probably why they're playing up that rivalry.(

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

There's one issue of a Batman/ Superman crossover, if I recall, where an "alternate reality" version of Deathstroke shows up. He's all jokey and light hearted but every time he tries to say his name he gets interrupted. I think once he even gets a "My name is W-" out.

technically+not+deadpool+but+an+alternate+universe+version+of+deathstroke+_04523d8af03d402d8c5e62ba37331220.jpg

Deathstroke_Deadpool_01.jpg

1372468-deadpool_vs_deathstroke_by_kravendu_super.jpg

http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/07/bane-and-lex-luthor-revealed-in-injustice-gods-among-us/

Bane (grappler) and Luthor (gadget type, whatever that means) added to the roster. No vids yet. Bane looks comic, Luthor's in that horrible Iron Man knock off suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/07/bane-and-lex-luthor-revealed-in-injustice-gods-among-us/

Bane (grappler) and Luthor (gadget type, whatever that means) added to the roster. No vids yet. Bane looks comic, Luthor's in that horrible Iron Man knock off suit.

Looks like señor Bane from noire batman series

Now every Dark knight fanboy scrub is gonna wanna play

Another Batman character? Who'd have thunk it? :eek:

Another Batman character? Who'd have thunk it? :eek:
    Too much Bat family :/

• Advertisement

I'm not getting this complaint about the bat family, no one was going "so many avengers" when Marvel came out...

Where's The Question?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Where's The Question?

Which one?

I'm not getting this complaint about the bat family, no one was going "so many avengers" when Marvel came out...
    It's not really the same though. The Bat Family are all from a very localized portion of the DC Universe. X-men skirts the line by having 6 in Marvel, and despite the X-Men being a massive team in the comics there are already more Bat Family characters in Injustice.

The whole point of the Avengers is that it brings together heroes from a wide array of comics. No one would be complaining if there were too many Justice League members on the roster.

There are actually equal numbers Bat Family and Justice League members on the roster at the moment which is a fairly mental stat.

Makes sense though, isn't Batman by far DCs most popular character?

Like I said before, virtually anybody I'd want in the game is Batman-related. :pac:

While it's geographically small, the bat family is a huge proportion of the DC universe in terms of fiction- heroes alone there's Nightwing, Knight and Squire, Robin, Red Robin, Red Hood, Azreal, Batgirl, Huntress and Batwoman who've gotten their own titles in the bat family. Off the top of my head! Some, like nightwing, often operate outside of the remit of the overarching bat-plot of the time.

There's entire teams, like the outsiders, split off out of Batman's family of comics.

While I'd certainly prefer something more suprising than either of these (frankly, boring choices- where's Lady Shiva? Black Canary? Etrigan the Demon?), I think Batman = money for DC, so we can't be suprised.

Yar, I'm not particularly interested in defending my point on this. Batman has by far the most interesting and popular characters in DCU and I would struggle to name more than a handful of other guys outside what Smallville has taught me. I do hope they focus more on the JLA with future character drops though, or even Teen Titans or Young Justice. They have a massively varied tapestry to choose from and it's just a shame to see them focus so heavily on one section.

Yar, I'm not particularly interested in defending my point on this. Batman has by far the most interesting and popular characters in DCU and I would struggle to name more than a handful of other guys outside what Smallville has taught me. I do hope they focus more on the JLA with future character drops though, or even Teen Titans or Young Justice. They have a massively varied tapestry to choose from and it's just a shame to see them focus so heavily on one section.

TBH, I don't think we will see any more from the Titans or YJ- Nightwing, Cyborg and Deathstroke are all prominent members of the Titans and many of the other members of both would be very palette swappy (Impulse for Flash, Robin for nightwing, superboy for Superman, Speedy for Green Arrow etc)... but we can live in hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

It's not really the same though. The Bat Family are all from a very localized portion of the DC Universe. X-men skirts the line by having 6 in Marvel, and despite the X-Men being a massive team in the comics there are already more Bat Family characters in Injustice.

The whole point of the Avengers is that it brings together heroes from a wide array of comics. No one would be complaining if there were too many Justice League members on the roster.

There are actually equal numbers Bat Family and Justice League members on the roster at the moment which is a fairly mental stat.
    Makes sense though, isn't Batman by far DCs most popular character?

Like I said before, virtually anybody I'd want in the game is Batman-related. :pac:
    While it's geographically small, the bat family is a huge proportion of the DC universe in terms of fiction- heroes alone there's Nightwing, Knight and Squire, Robin, Red Robin, Red Hood, Azreal, Batgirl, Huntress and Batwoman who've gotten their own titles in the bat family. Off the top of my head! Some, like nightwing, often operate outside of the remit of the overarching bat-plot of the time.

There's entire teams, like the outsiders, split off out of Batman's family of comics.

While I'd certainly prefer something more suprising than either of these (frankly, boring choices- where's Lady Shiva? Black Canary? Etrigan the Demon?), I think Batman = money for DC, so we can't be suprised.
    TBH, I don't think we will see any more from the Titans or YJ- Nightwing, Cyborg and Deathstroke are all prominent members of the Titans and many of the other members of both would be very palette swappy (Impulse for Flash, Robin for nightwing, superboy for Superman, Speedy for Green Arrow etc)... but we can live in hope :)

**** all these lame douches

Where is Aquaman!?

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »
    **** all these lame douches

Where is Aquaman!?

He was originally going to be in MK Vs DCU, I believe. They said that they had a bunch of ideas for cool special moves using his trident and the likes, but they ended up dropping the idea because nobody takes him seriously.

Advertisement