Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Needs some John The Martian

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Hound wrote: »
    Needs some John The Martian

I'd mark for John Jones all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Nutrient wrote: »
    **** all these lame douches

Where is Aquaman!?

careful what you wish for ;)

http://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-shazam-aquaman-sinestro-and-doomsday-hinted-at-in-gamer-magazine.26869/

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Some Injustice news just got announced. It is releasing in Europe on April 19 and a special edition that comes with an arcade stick is being released (I'm not sure if this version is available in Europe or not though)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jan/15/injustice-gods-among-us-release-date-confirmed-april-16-battle-edition-announced-includes-fight-stick/

Check out the image of the stick.

I guess Doomsday is confirmed so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Check out the image of the stick.

I guess Doomsday is confirmed so...

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2012/sep/26/injustice-gods-among-us-collectors-edition-image-2/

Check out the comic book cover. Shazam, Robin, and Martian Manhunter.

why is everyone calling Captain Marvel Shazam these days? Did something happen to him in 52 or something?

why is everyone calling Captain Marvel Shazam these days? Did something happen to him in 52 or something?
    I've always called him Marvel, but I saw a bunch of people call him Shazam and assumed I'd missed something :pac:

Checking Wiki has informed me: "The character was also officially renamed "Shazam" at this time. (New 52)"

Kind of a shame. As hilariously confusing and idiotic it was having a character called Captain Marvel headlining for DC, Shazam is ****ing terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Wasn't "Shazam" his magic phrase for doing stuff?

Wasn't "Shazam" his magic phrase for doing stuff?
    Yep. He gets the powers of Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

The fight stick features a “non-skid foam underside, a lockout feature for the Start, Select and Guide buttons, as well as adjustable illumination for the buttons and joystick.”

injustice.jpg

I'll definitely pick this up if we get it over here. Although I'm left with a problem as I really want the statue as well! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm still mistyfied that no one knows who's making it ; it's almost definitely not Madcatz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

So pretty....

Plastic stick shaft... I'd say its not going to be a great stick...

PDP are making it so it will be class on the outside...not so much inside.
    here's hoping there smart enough to make it easy to sanwa everything up.
    led buttons as standard is pretty cool though.

Think I will stick with my qanba.

Getting quite hype for this game, looking forward to immediately learning some annoying bull**** which will give me a temporary advantage over everyone until people actually learn to play the game at which point I will lose interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hopefully it's just a clear shaft cover on a metal shaft.

What are we gonna do about your VSHG btw?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Hopefully it's just a clear shaft cover on a metal shaft.

What are we gonna do about your VSHG btw?

You tell me dude, I'm just sitting here with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Some Injustice news just got announced. It is releasing in Europe on April 19 and a special edition that comes with an arcade stick is being released (I'm not sure if this version is available in Europe or not though)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jan/15/injustice-gods-among-us-release-date-confirmed-april-16-battle-edition-announced-includes-fight-stick/

That date's only two days in the difference to MK's release date in 2011. MK came out April 21st, if memory serves me correctly.

NetherRealm continue with their apparent desire to remind people of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 with every trailer they release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

Has it been said whether they are bringing out frame data?
    I saw something about being frame data for special moves,but anything about frame data for everything?
    Was thinking of making an app for it if theres full frame data

I really cannot believe they're using the same trailer idea as Marvel. I can only assume they're doing it deliberately to ride on their coattails somewhat, but it seems utterly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So what's the current confirmed roster for this and from gameplay vids, does it look to be something of a MK9 clone?

hdaniel wrote: »
    Has it been said whether they are bringing out frame data?
    I saw something about being frame data for special moves,but anything about frame data for everything?
    Was thinking of making an app for it if theres full frame data

Including special move frame data without normals would be a bit silly, can't see that happening.
    Sairus wrote: »
    I really cannot believe they're using the same trailer idea as Marvel. I can only assume they're doing it deliberately to ride on their coattails somewhat, but it seems utterly ridiculous.

Well, this is the franchise that did Mk vs DC after Marvel vs Capcom...

Actually, it's the franchise that was MK after SF, so, like, long history of it :D
    So what's the current confirmed roster for this and from gameplay vids, does it look to be something of a MK9 clone?

Supes, Bats, Nightwing, flash, Wonder Woman, Green arrow, grundy, cyborg, catwoman, joker, luthor, deathstroke I think.

It looks mostly MK-ey, but back to block sounds like one good change :)

found out some interesting stuff talking to paulo in a chat of a tourny stream
    *each char has there own air normals
    *air chains/combos were in at one point but removed
    *on double ko both player hop up with 10% health, 5% if happens again and 1% the 3rd time
    *clash system can only be used after 1st health bars in gone
    *no ex moves,just "meter burn promoves" (like ex moves in mk vs dc)
    *when asked "who have a divekick" he replied "never mind divekicks, ive made the best anti anti air move ever,wait till you see"

also i got one of the guys who does the videos/podcasts for injustice to do a char request video for swamp thing,
    im going to be so pissed if swamp thing isnt in the game

found out some interesting stuff talking to paulo in a chat of a tourny stream
    *each char has there own air normals
    *air chains/combos were in at one point but removed
    *on double ko both player hop up with 10% health, 5% if happens again and 1% the 3rd time
    *clash system can only be used after 1st health bars in gone
    *no ex moves,just "meter burn promoves" (like ex moves in mk vs dc)
    *when asked "who have a divekick" he replied "never mind divekicks, ive made the best anti anti air move ever,wait till you see"

also i got one of the guys who does the videos/podcasts for injustice to do a char request video for swamp thing,
    im going to be so pissed if swamp thing isnt in the game

Do characters not have individual air normals in MK? Really?

I'm glad air chains are not in, keep it as different to UMvC as possible :)

Clash system existing at all makes me a sad panda.

Strong AAs are an interesting choice, usually in a game the weaker the AAs, the stronger offence is (or at least, the more important footsies are). A defensive footsie based game suits me but not perhaps the casual crowd.

I seriously think swamp thing has no chance in hell... sorry. Least you have Grundy who's pretty close to him.

Strong AAs are an interesting choice, usually in a game the weaker the AAs, the stronger offence is (or at least, the more important footsies are). A defensive footsie based game suits me but not perhaps the casual crowd.

He said a strong Anti Anti-air. ie: something that is good against AAs.

You missed a couple, DooM. I know it's hard to keep track of all the Bat Family floating around ;D

Full confirmed roster is:
    • Bane
    • Batman
    • Catwoman
    • Cyborg
    • Deathstroke
    • Flash
    • Green Arrow
    • Green Lantern
    • Harley Quinn
    • Joker
    • Lex Luthor
    • Nightwing
    • Solomon Grundy
    • Superman
    • Wonder Woman
    Additionally, Aquaman, Ares, Black Adam, Doomsday, Raven, Robin, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter and Sinestro have all been mentioned/leaked as being in the game (or possibly just the tie in comic) in some form, but it's not confirmed if they're playable.

Sairus wrote: »
    He said a strong Anti Anti-air. ie: something that is good against AAs.

Sigh... so I see.

God forbid people should actually have to learn how to play a fighting game and have to worry about getting punished for jumping brainlessly.

Clash is back in too.

God forbid people should actually have to learn how to play a fighting game and have to worry about getting punished for jumping brainlessly.
    Sure they have enough to be thinking about now that they have to be keeping track of what all the unique air normals each character has instead of just that downward punch from MK :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Well if they have the faintest glimmer of sense this amazing anti-(anti-air) will be unsafe as all hell on block/whiff.

Advertisement