Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice- Gods Among Us discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Do characters not have individual air normals in MK? Really?

I'm glad air chains are not in, keep it as different to UMvC as possible :)

Clash system existing at all makes me a sad panda.

Strong AAs are an interesting choice, usually in a game the weaker the AAs, the stronger offence is (or at least, the more important footsies are). A defensive footsie based game suits me but not perhaps the casual crowd.

I seriously think swamp thing has no chance in hell... sorry. Least you have Grundy who's pretty close to him.

in mk9 no, in other mks yea, baraka's jump kick/jump punch was epic in mk2.

im waiting to see the clash in action before decide my thoughts on (it has been changed since the gameplay footage released)

yea when i asked paulo to at least out him in as DLC like happening with lobo and he only knew swamp thing from the 80s movie and not the cartoon, then again hes not the guy who picks the chars, he just makes the moves/balance etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

found out some interesting stuff talking to paulo in a chat of a tourny stream
    *each char has there own air normals
    *air chains/combos were in at one point but removed
    *on double ko both player hop up with 10% health, 5% if happens again and 1% the 3rd time
    *clash system can only be used after 1st health bars in gone
    *no ex moves,just "meter burn promoves" (like ex moves in mk vs dc)
    *when asked "who have a divekick" he replied "never mind divekicks, ive made the best anti anti air move ever,wait till you see"

also i got one of the guys who does the videos/podcasts for injustice to do a char request video for swamp thing,
    im going to be so pissed if swamp thing isnt in the game

He didn't...

mqdefault.jpg

Nutrient wrote: »
    He didn't...

mqdefault.jpg

i did :cool:
    sent it to a few of NRS as well.

its ed boon's own fault for teasing swamp thing when he posted a tweet of a swamp thing comic months ago, they had the idea so im just forcing them to re-think it lol
    at this point id say release roster is looking very doubtful with grundy and bane in there but i can always still claw at the hope of DLC.

anyways if swamp thing isnt in id be playing who ever is the games kuh-bawl so it just better off for everyone if swamp thing gets in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm going to just throw this out there; can we ban Wonder Woman in tournaments? Just because it think she's an arsehole.

deathrider wrote: »
    I'm going to just throw this out there; can we ban Wonder Woman in tournaments? Just because it think she's an arsehole.

:pac:

• Advertisement

:pac:

The joke's on you, Letters. Your video won't work :P

The joke's on you, Letters. Your video won't work :P

edited :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well, in the newest DC continuity, Wonder Woman is the illegitimate child of Zeus.

Which means I will kind of have to play her, or esle he'll probably stare at me and sigh all night long.

edited :D

You can't hide the truth, man. It's still sitting in my last quote :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Lots of interesting stuff here:
    http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/30/injustice-gods-among-us-to-feature-optional-street-fighter-style-controls-online-training-mode-new-story-details-and-trailer-released/

Push blocks (that cost meter)
    Option to turn off environmental gimmicks
    Online training mode
    Option to switch between MK style directional inputs and SF style quarter circles.

That last one is very interesting.

Be warned, there's major story spoilers at the end of the article, but they're highlighted well in advance so it's still safe to read.

• Advertisement

Looks like the story is basically the CSA vs the JLA.

I wonder will "good luthor" be in it.

Looks like the story is basically the CSA vs the JLA.
    I wonder will "good luthor" be in it.

Side note, you should all watch the animated "Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths". Really great movie.

In fact, go watch all the DC animated movies. Aside from Superman/Batman: Public Enemies they're all of a shockingly high quality.

I don't even like DC comics at all, but I devour everything they animate.

Yeah I've seen most of the DC animated movies, the Dark Knight Returns ones are especially awesome.

Oh and it just occured to me...
    This plot isn't like the CSA- it's pretty much the EXACT plot to Kingdom come, a very famous painted comic book.

so apparently you can opt to turn off negative edge, thank the lord!

aswell with wakeups unlike with mk where its 11 invincible frames and 20 for ex one, each move will be have its own values.

Just when you thought you had enough Batman in your life.

injustice-killercroc.jpg

Killer Croc, Riddler and Penguin.

However, I very much doubt they are playable. The three character models shown above are directly lifted out of Arkham Asylum. (God I ****ing hate Arkham Croc. I'm not particularly interested in Croc in general, but this is up there with Harley levels of disdain. Can't beat The Animated Series Croc.) I wouldn't even believe this picture was real except Ed Boon himself tweeted it.

Theories currently run that this is just a random story mode thing, or that it's from an Arkham Asylum stage where the inmates act as environment hazards. I hope for the latter. That'd be awesome.
    You can see one of Croc's fingers sticking through Flash's head, so I would assume this is from a stage as the head grab would have to generally fit the varied skull size/positioning of the whole cast. If it was story mode they would have animated the grip correctly.

Apparently there was a bunch of DLC names leaked a while back and one of them was the Arkham pack, so if it is a stage, it could be DLC. I couldn't verify that leak though, so I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What do you have against the Arkham designs?

What do you have against the Arkham designs?
    I actually love all of them except for Harley and Croc! :pac:

Harley looks like a goth prostitute and Croc's teeth are so big he could barely open his mouth let alone bite anyone. (Bane's also a little iffy, but still passable. Catwoman would look great if her catsuit wasn't unzipped down to her navel.)

Is the thing about the visual assets from another company being used not a bit unusual?

I'm suprised I'm not reading mad fan speculation over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Arkham games and Injustice are published by WB Games. They'll own everything anyway.

• Advertisement

Christ I hope you don't have to sit through that animation every time you punch someone through a wall...

Is the thing about the visual assets from another company being used not a bit unusual?

I'm suprised I'm not reading mad fan speculation over it.
    I've been hearing cries of 'omg I always thought Injustice was set in the Arkham universe!' on my various forums.
    ...which if you've played Arkham City is just a tad silly.
    Christ I hope you don't have to sit through that animation every time you punch someone through a wall...

I hope there'll be an option to turn it off. If you can turn off stuff like Environmental Hazards I'd say they'll tuck and option in there to remove these.

Have any of you been reading the tie-in comic? They're releasing it in mini issues online, then after two or three of those they release a longer print edition. It's shockingly not awful.

Warning though, as far as I can tell it's walking through the plot of the game, so you may want to avoid if you want the campaign to be fresh.

injustice battle arena week 2 fights revealed...

Depends on if Captain Marvel gets the word out or not, innit?

injustice battle arena week 2 fights revealed...

LAME

My bro is here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Nutrient wrote: »

My bro is here

How the hell did I not hear about this until now?

How the hell did I not hear about this until now?

I would guess because Aquaman isn't important or interesting enough for sites to care enough to mention him :D

• Advertisement

I would guess because Aquaman isn't important or interesting enough for sites to care enough to mention him :D

They're wrong! You'll see. You'll all see!
    Mwuhahahahahahahahahahaha!

Advertisement